Options

American Horror Story

Comments

• Options
    Fabulous episode last night.......this is what I mean by too much invested. If I would have pulled out now, I would have missed an amazing episode. Excited for next weeks finale!!!
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    shadowcast wrote:
    I say the one baby didn't die and they were just telling her (Vivian) that so the doctors wife could have a baby.

I thought that too....
    But the baby didnt cry when it was delivered.... Dont they usually cry right away? Plus, the fact that they were only 6 months in the womb....its a bit premature. I think the baby was still born. Which is fine, because the Doctor's wife is dead, and now she has a baby (which is also dead) but she'll have that baby forever, because we all know what happens when someone dies in the house.

Gonna be a lot of dead women fighting over that baby though. Vivian, the Doctor's wife (Mrs. Montgomery?) and Hayden all want that baby. And if it turns out that the still born was Tate's baby, then Im sure hell want it too, and then there are the gay guys.

edit: reading this over, the conversations in this thread must seem ridiculous to someone who doesnt watch the show :lol:

HA HA HA!!!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    shadowcast wrote:
    Don't like it then don't watch it. So much time put in it...Really. give me a break you guys make sound like a chore or that your working out. "That you put so much invested preparing to run for the Iron Man decathalon how do I dare stop now"?. I personally enjoy it. I enjoy the acting and the twists in the show, the new characters involved (the detective, the medium). I found the distrubing thing in the basement a little silly to be honest withg you. That was weak...writing. A monster in the basment sCaRy.....we have not seen that before. You have to have some character build up. Look at the show the Walking Dead. They have had like 3 episodes in a row with no zombies. A zombie show with no zombies!!! But it's still a well written show just like AHS.

Um...yeah... :? :lol:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I enjoyed this last episode and look forward to the season finale. I still think this show went from unique/bazaar/spooky/intriguing to "ridiculous yet entertaining".
    I see it is up for a Golden Globe. I can't imagine Boardwalk or Game of Thrones losing too much sleep over it. :lol:
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I think for a horror show (which is what attracted me to it), it humanized everything scary and provided too many explanations. The first 4 episodes or so were fantastic. The element of horrific mystery is now minimal.

Ill watch the last episode, but Im not too intrigued with the plot arc of a bunch of ghost-women squabbling over a 'good baby' and an 'evil baby'. Im not sure Ill make it into season 2 unless this last episode is dynamite and they introduce a real game-changer.

I think Ben lives and Constance dies.
  • Options
    Wow that episode was fantastic. Even though I figured most of the show out before it happened. I still really like how it is done. Great visual effects.

I still wonder whats up with things like during the delivery scene there were a couple flashes of Ben on the stairs screaming. So I almost wonder if that's what is really happening, and if it's in Bens head or something.

Can't wait for next week, and season 2!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    WOW, pretty interesting ending! Thought Ben might survive but kinda had a feeling he was going to wind up dead. Ending was def. out there with the baby killing the babysitter.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Didnt really like the finale too much.

That other family was a cool wrinkle (and that lady was nice to look at), but they were chased out before it could get interesting.

I thought nothing really happened though that was unexpected or a 'ramp up' in the show to get me looking forward to season 2.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Didnt really like the finale too much.

That other family was a cool wrinkle (and that lady was nice to look at), but they were chased out before it could get interesting.

I thought nothing really happened though that was unexpected or a 'ramp up' in the show to get me looking forward to season 2.

I kind of thought the opposite. I thought they were kind of struggling in the middle of the episode, kind of like the season, but brought it together in the end. I'm looking forward to see what the deal with the kid is next year. It looks like the ghosts in the house are not going to get along.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    my issue is, that it is a horror story. They explained all the scariness away for the most part. Not only that, they took away the negatives of being killed so its not really a terrible thing, you just come back as a ghost with a happy family decorating Christmas trees.
    A horror movie/story, especially with a haunted house, needs things just away from peripheral vision that arent explained. I think 'the house' needed a lot more mystery maintained longer.

Overall a decent show. I dont really watch shows per se, so a show that I get into from beginning to end has done its job.
  • Options
    Wasn't sure where they were going with the episode. But in the end I liked how they ended it. Damien boy, with the blood hand prints on the white rocking chair....cReEpy.....

BTW- Jessica Lange should be considered for some type of award for this show. She has done a fantastic job. The overall acting of the show has been great but Lange was top notch.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    shadowcast wrote:
    Wasn't sure where they were going with the episode. But in the end I liked how they ended it. Damien boy, with the blood hand prints on the white rocking chair....cReEpy.....

BTW- Jessica Lange should be considered for some type of award for this show. She has done a fantastic job. The overall acting of the show has been great but Lange was top notch.

i thought she was nominated for an emmy or something, but yeah she def. deserves to be at least nominated.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The last episode was great too. That final scene was ridiculously F'd Up
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    Not sure what I think about this, but apparently what the creator of the show said is next season will be a completely new story, location, cast, etc. So each season will be a 12 episode stroy that stands alone.
  • Options
    Not sure what I think about this, but apparently what the creator of the show said is next season will be a completely new story, location, cast, etc. So each season will be a 12 episode stroy that stands alone.

I hope not.... That doesn't make me very happy

• Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880

I read the same thing, although I read that a few would be returning from season 1, not sure how though.
  • Options

I read the same thing, although I read that a few would be returning from season 1, not sure how though.

Apparently there are clues to next season in the last three episodes.

And other clues during the entire season about Rubber man etc.

Maybe I need to watch this season again...

• Options
    I think this could be a cool series if they're doing a new story in a new place with new characters each season. I loved the first season and think it could have been stretched out into 2 seasons if they slowed it down a little, but the fast pace of the episodes made them so exciting that it makes sense that they had planned on ending that story after 1 season. I hope next season is just as scary and intense. I'm glad that they had ruled out any vampire stories, too.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880

I read somewhere, I'll need to find the link, where it says it's in the Birth episode. I'd actually like to see the murderous baby grow up just a bit..
  • Options

I read somewhere, I'll need to find the link, where it says it's in the Birth episode. I'd actually like to see the murderous baby grow up just a bit..

That final scene was just crazy F'd up....

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238

I would assume that at some point we'll see little Damien Harmon-Langdon again, maybe not in season 2, but they can't just end season 1 the way they did and not revisit the little monster later.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

I would assume that at some point we'll see little Damien Harmon-Langdon again, maybe not in season 2, but they can't just end season 1 the way they did and not revisit the little monster later.

I'm curious about that too. I think it could work with a whole new story and all, I just wonder if there will be things that link them. Or revisit the house where it would be 10 years later or so. I guess it would be hard if cast members are in different roles on the same show.
  • Options
    I was annoyed with the news at first, but it's growing on me.

• Options
    I was annoyed with the news at first, but it's growing on me.

me too.

we'd end up with way too many characters to keep track of if they stayed in the same house/
    it just seems so wierd that that could be it, end of story, on to the next haunted house.

im wondering if maybe Constance will move, and that'll be how they handle it. I do remember reading before that she didnt want to commit to staying on the show for too long, because she lives in NY but has to live in LA for filming, and she doesnt like living in LA and didnt want to lock into a long term deal.

From prior ghost movies and shows ive watched, dont they say that the ghosts can follow you wherever you go, that is why you must do a proper exorcism? Maybe that is how they'll keep some of the original characters.

Probably gonna have to re-watch some of the fist season before the second season starts back up. Those last few episodes really had a lot to them.

Will be interesting to see where they go with this.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/ ... -season-2/

New House and new characters...I am glad that they are doing this. Will keep it fresh.
  • Options
    Just saw a new teaser for the new season. Looked like a nun walking in the woods, with a basket full of possible dead animals...

• Options
    Just saw a new teaser for the new season. Looked like a nun walking in the woods, with a basket full of possible dead animals...

There is also one of what appears to be two women in a padded room
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
  • Options
    Im not sure how I feel. Ill probably give it a try.

I thought the 1st season had great potential, the early episodes were great, but the story and fear factor fell flat in the 2nd half.

I have a feeling they are going to make it "Easter Egg Heavy" now, where in order to fully appreciate and understand it, you are going to have to get on the internet and find out what everything means and/or re-watch episodes. Im not in the market for that.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Lunch??
    This weekend we rock Portland