Options

American Horror Story

Comments

• Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    Both of those happened on Halloween. That was a two part episode. Part one was the meet with Tate off the site, and Part two was the date on the beach.

Ahh ok. That makes sense. I keep having to re-watch episodes because if I get up for two seconds, I feel like I miss a lot.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    great episode :clap:

Anyone else surprised that Violet is dead?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I was a little surprised. Last week kind of set the stage for it a little bit when they mentioned that she hadn't been to school in a while and wouldn't leave her room so it wasn't as big of a surprise as it would have been if they hadn't planted that seed, but I thought it was more likely that they'd just go in the direction of her being depressed. I wonder how long it'll be until her parents find out since a truancy officer has already shown up with a threat of juvenile court and she still didn't show up the next day.

I wonder how the burned guy is going to react to Constance's refusal to say she ever loved him. Will he just lie there and take more emotional abuse from her or will he try to get revenge and implicate her as a co-conspirator in her boyfriend's death?
    great episode :clap:

Anyone else surprised that Violet is dead?
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    this show is so fucking good.

i wonder what will happen next season? i bet another family moves in bc theyll have to kill off all of the current characters.
  • Options
    Dammit. I knew I shouldn't have come here! I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet!! Good job gish!
  • Options
    i lost count of how many twists were in last night's episode!

surprised by violet being dead - once Ben and Vivian figure this out, maybe they'll decide to stay - how else could the show continue?

and when did tate finally figure out that he was dead? has he known all along?

im getting the feeling that they are writing this show as it goes now as opposed to having them written in advance. I still like the show though, just hope they can manage to keep it together and not be able to connect all the dots.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    I missed the part in a previous episode where this was apparently addressed. My girlfriend said that Constance was told by her spychic friend that Tate knows he's dead but hasn't accepted it. I think that Constance didn't know Tate knew he was dead when she told Violet that.

I thought the scene where Violet tried to escape was done very well. The way she was in a panic screaming for help at the gate and only the dog noticed her was creepy. They really shoot this show very well to set the mood for every scene.

surprised by violet being dead - once Ben and Vivian figure this out, maybe they'll decide to stay - how else could the show continue?

im getting the feeling that they are writing this show as it goes now as opposed to having them written in advance. I still like the show though, just hope they can manage to keep it together and not be able to connect all the dots.
  • Options
    I missed the part in a previous episode where this was apparently addressed. My girlfriend said that Constance was told by her spychic friend that Tate knows he's dead but hasn't accepted it. I think that Constance didn't know Tate knew he was dead when she told Violet that.

I thought the scene where Violet tried to escape was done very well. The way she was in a panic screaming for help at the gate and only the dog noticed her was creepy. They really shoot this show very well to set the mood for every scene.

That was a fantastic scene. I noticed that about the dog too. So now I'm sort of confused. Do people who see them only see them if they believe it or something?

So Beau was killed before the killing, wow 1994 was a tough year, Mr. Crispy became well Mr. Crispy, Tate did his thing, Beau being killed. Wow tough year. Tate things his dad ran out on him when he was 6, so I can see that coming out sometime too.

Great great show...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    This show keeps getting better every week.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

I think its getting worse every week. The Pilot was so damn creepy and scary. Its basically a soap opera now. Bring back the element of the unknown (rubber suit man) and the down right disturbing (thing in the basement).
    I only watch now because I've put in so much time already.....
  • Options
    I think there's still a lot of creepiness and an element of the unknown in the show. The biggest mystery is what causes people who die there to remain there as ghosts? I'm pretty sure there's something more than just the ghosts in the house. What made Ben sleepwalk the night Tate raped Vivian? What other ghosts are in the house that we haven't seen yet? Is there a creature in the house, too? I thought there was something monster-looking that attacked Violet's bully when Tate lured her down there. Tate said it was nothing but it didn't look like him in the shadows. There's also the viewpoint of Ben and Vivian that hasn't been looked at as deeply yet. Ben obviously knows something is weird now, but Violet's the only one who really knows that the house is haunted. Some of the ghosts aren't too happy with either of them, too.
    shadowcast wrote:

I think its getting worse every week. The Pilot was so damn creepy and scary. Its basically a soap opera now. Bring back the element of the unknown (rubber suit man) and the down right disturbing (thing in the basement).
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    shadowcast wrote:

I agree completely.
    I'm still gonna watch it though. Too far invested in it to give up now. :)
  • Options
    Maybe I missed something again, but didn't Constance say she had four kids at one point?
  • Options
    Maybe I missed something again, but didn't Constance say she had four kids at one point?

I thought it was four too. I believe it's the 2nd or 3rd episode where she comes out and says it.

We know of 3, and we are assuming Tate was the "Normal" kid..
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options

I thought it was four too. I believe it's the 2nd or 3rd episode where she comes out and says it.

We know of 3, and we are assuming Tate was the "Normal" kid..

Hopefully this season there will be mention of the 4th one. It's starting to drive me crazy that we've only seen 3.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    shadowcast wrote:

I agree to a point. The Halloween episodes on turned the show IMO. Too much of the soap-opera type stuff. I was almost done when the rubber suit guy was revealed as Tate.
    Although the last 2 episodes have been really good and are bringing it back.

A lot of this stuff shouldnt be explained away. They are humanizing the scary aspects of the early episodes and it ruins what lured us all in the beginning.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

I agree completely.
    I'm still gonna watch it though. Too far invested in it to give up now. :)
    Don't like it then don't watch it. So much time put in it...Really. give me a break you guys make sound like a chore or that your working out. "That you put so much invested preparing to run for the Iron Man decathalon how do I dare stop now"?. I personally enjoy it. I enjoy the acting and the twists in the show, the new characters involved (the detective, the medium). I found the distrubing thing in the basement a little silly to be honest withg you. That was weak...writing. A monster in the basment sCaRy.....we have not seen that before. You have to have some character build up. Look at the show the Walking Dead. They have had like 3 episodes in a row with no zombies. A zombie show with no zombies!!! But it's still a well written show just like AHS.
  • Options
    I only watch now because I've put in so much time already.....[/quote]

I agree completely.
    I'm still gonna watch it though. Too far invested in it to give up now. :)[/quote]
    Don't like it then don't watch it. So much time put in it...Really. give me a break you guys make sound like a chore or that your working out. "That you put so much invested preparing to run for the Iron Man decathalon how do I dare stop now"?. I personally enjoy it. I enjoy the acting and the twists in the show, the new characters involved (the detective, the medium). I found the distrubing thing in the basement a little silly to be honest withg you. That was weak...writing. A monster in the basment sCaRy.....we have not seen that before. You have to have some character build up. Look at the show the Walking Dead. They have had like 3 episodes in a row with no zombies. A zombie show with no zombies!!! But it's still a well written show just like AHS.[/quote]

Who shit in your cereal today? Saying to much invested means I haven't missed an episode so Im curious to see where the show ends up. Sorry we have an opinion and it differs from yours.... :roll:
  • Options
    I actually prefer the dark, creepy weird stuff, over the gore and scary thing in the basement. I'm more then happy with never seeing that thing again. I'm assuming that thing in the basement is just the recreation of Dr. Montgomery's kid.

• Options

I agree completely.
    I'm still gonna watch it though. Too far invested in it to give up now. :)[/quote]
    Don't like it then don't watch it. So much time put in it...Really. give me a break you guys make sound like a chore or that your working out. "That you put so much invested preparing to run for the Iron Man decathalon how do I dare stop now"?. I personally enjoy it. I enjoy the acting and the twists in the show, the new characters involved (the detective, the medium). I found the distrubing thing in the basement a little silly to be honest withg you. That was weak...writing. A monster in the basment sCaRy.....we have not seen that before. You have to have some character build up. Look at the show the Walking Dead. They have had like 3 episodes in a row with no zombies. A zombie show with no zombies!!! But it's still a well written show just like AHS.[/quote]

Who shit in your cereal today? Saying to much invested means I haven't missed an episode so Im curious to see where the show ends up. Sorry we have an opinion and it differs from yours.... :roll:[/quote]

Curious means you like the show...just admit it.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Lots of little details u dont see on the show. The ceilings and fireplaces are sweet!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    cool episode. Not too surprising that the mom died. Next week is the season finale!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    cool episode. Not too surprising that the mom died. Next week is the season finale!

Yeah, I saw the her death coming. I'm curious if they will have them all be ghosts next yera or start with a new person or family moving in. They never showed the baby did they?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

Yeah, I saw the her death coming. I'm curious if they will have them all be ghosts next yera or start with a new person or family moving in. They never showed the baby did they?

Nope. neither of them. How can Constance or anyone be sure which one survived? She just assumed it was Tate's that survived. And then she just took off with it, didnt bring the baby back to Ben? WTF. I wonder how long he's gonna make it before he offs himself.

• Options

Nope. neither of them. How can Constance or anyone be sure which one survived? She just assumed it was Tate's that survived. And then she just took off with it, didnt bring the baby back to Ben? WTF. I wonder how long he's gonna make it before he offs himself.

And is the one that dies a ghost now too? The preview for next week looked crazy.
  • Options
    I think the stillborn one will be a ghost. I also think that was Tate's baby because I think a ghost's baby would be born dead, but that's just me trying to rationalize a situation in which a ghost got a woman pregnant to begin with. :D

The preview for the season finale did look crazy. I wonder if Ben kils himself. They showed a quick clip of him holding a gun to his head.

I think they started the storyline in a way that would let them have the option of wrapping it up in 1 season if it wasn't picked up but still continuing it if they found out it was picked up before the season ended, so they had some things ready to be wrapped up if they needed to do that.
    And is the one that dies a ghost now too? The preview for next week looked crazy.
  • Options
    I say the one baby didn't die and they were just telling her (Vivian) that so the doctors wife could have a baby.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    I say the one baby didn't die and they were just telling her (Vivian) that so the doctors wife could have a baby.

I thought that too....
    But the baby didnt cry when it was delivered.... Dont they usually cry right away? Plus, the fact that they were only 6 months in the womb....its a bit premature. I think the baby was still born. Which is fine, because the Doctor's wife is dead, and now she has a baby (which is also dead) but she'll have that baby forever, because we all know what happens when someone dies in the house.

Gonna be a lot of dead women fighting over that baby though. Vivian, the Doctor's wife (Mrs. Montgomery?) and Hayden all want that baby. And if it turns out that the still born was Tate's baby, then Im sure hell want it too, and then there are the gay guys.

edit: reading this over, the conversations in this thread must seem ridiculous to someone who doesnt watch the show :lol:

• Options
    edit: reading this over, the conversations in this thread must seem ridiculous to someone who doesnt watch the show :lol:

Or very morbid :lol: