Options

American Horror Story

Comments

• Options
    All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
    edited October 2011
    Freaking dvr, didn't get episode 3, will have to wait till its replayed next week. That's twice now, maybe my dvr is haunted.

I really wouldn't be surprised if either Ben or Vivian are dead. Or the entire plot goes back to Vivian being put on some experimental hormone in the pilot.

I sort of thing the Mr. Crispy is a figment of Ben's imagination, and is actually just Ben's thought process or something. The devil on his shoulder sort to speak.

I think Tate is Constantine's child that turned out normal "Just has a mental issue" or what ever she said.

As of episode 2, I'd say Tate, Constantine, The Maid, and Constantine's daughter are all ghosts for sure...
    Post edited by All Those Yesterdays on
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Freaking dvr, didn't get episode 3, will have to wait till its replayed next week. That's twice now, maybe my dvr is haunted.

I really wouldn't be surprised if either Ben or Vivian are dead. Or the entire plot goes back to Vivian being put on some experimental hormone in the pilot.

I sort of thing the Mr. Crispy is a figment of Ben's imagination, and is actually just Ben's through process or something. The devil on his shoulder sort to speak.

I think Tate is Constantine's child that turned out normal "Just has a mental issue" or what ever she said.

As of episode 2, I'd say Tate, Constantine, The Maid, and Constantine's daughter are all ghosts for sure...

Oooh I like that - and episode 3 only strengthens your theory!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Jessica Lange should get a golden globe or something for the acting job she is doing on this show. Her character she plays it is award worthy. This show is so refreshing and so much better than the crap on the BIG three networks. Also it's nice to see something well written and not reality TV.

Also why do guys see the maid as a hot red head but the girls see her old? Why are they portraying her old in the 1st place if she died young? The wife and I are all in on this show right now.
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I sort of thing the Mr. Crispy is a figment of Ben's imagination, and is actually just Ben's through process or something. The devil on his shoulder sort to speak.

Oooh I like that - and episode 3 only strengthens your theory!

Thought process, sorry, lack of proof reading.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• Options
    FX gets away with a lot for regular tv. This show seems to have some serious potential. Not to mention this Dylan McDermott fellow is easy on the eyes... so i'll be watching :)

I cant imagine they'll be able to sell that house any time soon. Guess you really should do all of your own research for buying a house at such a "great" price! :lol:

And Tate being Constantine's son....good call on that...highly possible and would make sense as to why he is always in the house... How the hell do they keep getting in though? With a house that big, you'd think they'd have secure locks and security system...but then again, if they're dead :think:

Why did Constantine bring the tainted cup cakes for the daughter, Violet though? What did she do? Or is it maybe b/c she wants Violet to stay away from her son, Tate, if he is in fact her son...

And, one more question I have.... From the 2nd episode I think, was it really Ben in that black latex suit in the sex scene, or was it someone else??? It kept panning to Ben in the kitchen, like maybe it wasnt him in the room w/ his wife during that scene....

Im interested to see where this all goes.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    Ratings for AHS
    #2 behind storage wars

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/1 ... ht/107983/
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    Still enjoying it but I have to say I was disappointed by the last five minutes of episode 3. Having the girlfriend killed cuts out so many interesting potential plot avenues (Ben's wife finding out, the baby, etc.) and to have her killed by the burned man just seemed way too convenient for me. (Small gripe here, but how did the burned guy did that hole so fast?!!! He was struggling with holding the shovel basically one handed!) Building the gazebo on top of it was even worse. The show was going along so well and just derailed at the end. That said I will be back next week!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    rrivers wrote:
    Still enjoying it but I have to say I was disappointed by the last five minutes of episode 3. Having the girlfriend killed cuts out so many interesting potential plot avenues (Ben's wife finding out, the baby, etc.) and to have her killed by the burned man just seemed way too convenient for me. (Small gripe here, but how did the burned guy did that hole so fast?!!! He was struggling with holding the shovel basically one handed!) Building the gazebo on top of it was even worse. The show was going along so well and just derailed at the end. That said I will be back next week!

I think it opens more up.

*Spoilers through episode 3*

Like stated above. I also believe the burned man is some sort of piece of Ben's conscious... So I believe it was actually Ben doing the killing and digging.

Now the girl is possibly going to become another ghost in the house, which will drive Ben completely off the handle.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I think it opens more up.

*Spoilers through episode 3*

Like stated above. I also believe the burned man is some sort of piece of Ben's conscious... So I believe it was actually Ben doing the killing and digging.

Now the girl is possibly going to become another ghost in the house, which will drive Ben completely off the handle.

But it completely saves Ben from having to hide/explain her being in LA to his wife. You are probably right about her becoming a ghost in the house. It was just lame all around to me, especially the end with his wife bringing him iced tea and hugging on the gazebo. Ugh! I hope the show proves me wrong!
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

But it completely saves Ben from having to hide/explain her being in LA to his wife. You are probably right about her becoming a ghost in the house. It was just lame all around to me, especially the end with his wife bringing him iced tea and hugging on the gazebo. Ugh! I hope the show proves me wrong!

Think about it though, if Ben's wife had found out, she would have left him no doubt about it. Then where would the show go? They have to stay in that house. I do agree though that that was a great storyline and I don't want it to be over yet, so probably the only way to continue it would be to make the girlfriend a ghost.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Think about it though, if Ben's wife had found out, she would have left him no doubt about it. Then where would the show go? They have to stay in that house. I do agree though that that was a great storyline and I don't want it to be over yet, so probably the only way to continue it would be to make the girlfriend a ghost.

Good point about Ben's wife finding out about it and leaving him would kill the storyline as well. I'm not a 100% sure she would have left him just because she saw the girl. She's pregnant now and was rationalizing staying with him to her daughter.

My point isn't that I necessarily wanted the wife to find out, I just liked them having to sneak around. I liked the possibility of her or the daughter finding out. It just added another spice to an already boiling pot. I'm fine with them ending the storyline, but don't just have her walk outside and get smacked in the face by a shovel in broad daylight! To me it seemed like they said "Let's bring the girlfriend over from Boston!" which they did but then realized it wasn't the best idea so now they are pressing reset.
    Good debate though! You make some excellent points!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    we've been meaning to watch this & just watched episode 1 on demand. holy crap :shock:

this show isn't like anything i've ever seen on tv....very cool. my only complaint was that there was so much going on in the first episode that we may have missed certain parts/storylines. might need to watch it again before we settle in for the 2nd episode.

and what the hell is the deal w/ the maid? is she young? is she old? is she dead? cool show....not going to read this thread until we catch up. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    get hooked and then directv is gonna cut the channel :cry:
    this could be the last week i get to watch this show. not to mention always sunny and the league :evil:
    damn you fox news. damn you straight to hell.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    get hooked and then directv is gonna cut the channel :cry:
    this could be the last week i get to watch this show. not to mention always sunny and the league :evil:
    damn you fox news. damn you straight to hell.

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Good point about Ben's wife finding out about it and leaving him would kill the storyline as well. I'm not a 100% sure she would have left him just because she saw the girl. She's pregnant now and was rationalizing staying with him to her daughter.

My point isn't that I necessarily wanted the wife to find out, I just liked them having to sneak around. I liked the possibility of her or the daughter finding out. It just added another spice to an already boiling pot. I'm fine with them ending the storyline, but don't just have her walk outside and get smacked in the face by a shovel in broad daylight! To me it seemed like they said "Let's bring the girlfriend over from Boston!" which they did but then realized it wasn't the best idea so now they are pressing reset.
    Good debate though! You make some excellent points!

You make some good points as well! With her dead, the whole possibility of Ben getting caught with her is gone, so that will take something away from the story. Killing her like that did almost seem like a deus ex machina, but I'm trying to stay hopeful that it will evolve into something else.

Who's bones were already in there, were they the maid's? I think I need to rewatch all these episodes again...
  • Options
    I took the bones in the grave to be the burned man's family, especially the way he was looking at the clothes and bones.

Any post that mentions deus ex machina is A+ in my book!
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    When I started seeing the ads for this before it aired I figured it would either wind up being very good or very bad. It's definitely very good. I had to watch the 2nd episode after I saw the 3rd because it wasn't available on demand until the day after the 3rd episode aired so I was a little confused about what the mother and daughter were talking about in the 3rd episode until the next day but it wasn't enough to ruin the episode. I'll just have to make a point of remembering to watch it when it airs from now on. That shouldn't be a problem because it's already become one of those must-see shows for me the way a bunch of HBO's Sunday shows have been.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I am pretty sure those bones were the maid's.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am pretty sure those bones were the maid's.
    I think they were. There was the little bit of the maid outfit with them, and Constantine said something like "now you are stuck here forever" to the maid when Ben was pouring concrete over the site.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    After reading all of these posts, I can honestly say I am no longer confused by it all. I figured most were dead, but I had to keep re-watching the episodes because if I got up for ten seconds, it seemed like I missed something big!
  • Options
    Well I've been caught up to episode 3 (Murder House) last night. Which I thought was fantastic. And I'll see Halloween pt 1 tonight to be officially caught up on the show.

After episode 3 I'm wondering if the Detective and the Doctor was real and even if Haden was real. Or just a mind play by the maid trying to get Ben to discover her body in the backyard.

Vivian & Constantine were just fantastic in this episode. Although Constantine is fantastic in every episode.

Anyone happen to notice that the stain glass window in the background of Ben's office looks like the backyard of the house with the new gazebo added?

or the realtor mispronouncing Vivians last name as Hormone in stead of Harmon? In the first episode her doctor put her on a experimental Hormone...

I almost wonder and this is a far far stretch out shot here if all this ties back to the original owner the doctor and his experiments and if Vivians Doctor is related in someway. How is that for crazy!

I swear you have to watch each episode two or three times.

• Options
    This week's episode was very creepy. I can't wait for the 2nd part of it next week. I wonder if Tate is the one who was in the S&M suit in the first episode and if he was the one behind the daughter when the burned guy was banging on the door or if there's something else going on with that thing.
  • Options
    This week's episode was very creepy. I can't wait for the 2nd part of it next week. I wonder if Tate is the one who was in the S&M suit in the first episode and if he was the one behind the daughter when the burned guy was banging on the door or if there's something else going on with that thing.

Im thinking its Tate in that suit for sure.
    And I think it was him in that suit in the 2nd episode who had sex w/ Vivian, not Ben. And now Im wondering if Tate, in the suit, was the one who killed both the gay guys who were the previous owners. I hope they can manage to connect all the dots eventually. I hate it when a show comes up w/ a bunch of crazy stories that end up leading to nothing.

And im really ticked off that I'm not going to be able to watch this show next week... :x What a cliffhanger! Damn you Directv! I hope they work something out before Nov. 1. I really would rather watch this show on my nice TV than my shitty laptop.

• Options

And I think it was him in that suit in the 2nd episode who had sex w/ Vivian, not Ben. And now Im wondering if Tate, in the suit, was the one who killed both the gay guys who were the previous owners. I hope they can manage to connect all the dots eventually. I hate it when a show comes up w/ a bunch of crazy stories that end up leading to nothing.

And im really ticked off that I'm not going to be able to watch this show next week... :x What a cliffhanger! Damn you Directv! I hope they work something out before Nov. 1. I really would rather watch this show on my nice TV than my shitty laptop.

I think you're right about Tate & Vivian...so that must be Tate's demon baby inside of her, right??!! If I miss next week because of Directv I am sending a very angry letter!!!!

!
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

I think you're right about Tate & Vivian...so that must be Tate's demon baby inside of her, right??!! If I miss next week because of Directv I am sending a very angry letter!!!!

!

Blimp111025203212-275x183.jpg

Do you think that we'd still be able to download the FX shows on demand or is our only hope watching on hulu? I need to look into that more. I know NBC shows dont go up on hulu for like a whole week after it initially airs on tv. wonder if fx is the same. Plus, I could always get hulu on my xbox, but i think you have to pay a monthly subscription fee for that and with my luck, as soon as i signed up for that direct and fx would come up w a deal and i'd have a useless hulu subscription that im paying for. this sux.

• Options
    What the fuck did the nurse see on the ultrasound!!!!!!! I can't believe they just walked out of the hospital after that!!!!
  • Options

Blimp111025203212-275x183.jpg

Do you think that we'd still be able to download the FX shows on demand or is our only hope watching on hulu? I need to look into that more. I know NBC shows dont go up on hulu for like a whole week after it initially airs on tv. wonder if fx is the same. Plus, I could always get hulu on my xbox, but i think you have to pay a monthly subscription fee for that and with my luck, as soon as i signed up for that direct and fx would come up w a deal and i'd have a useless hulu subscription that im paying for. this sux.

I have no idea...my guess is we'll have to go the hulu route. I guess I'm just holding out hope that they'll reach an agreement before Wednesday!
  • Options
    Episode 4 Halloween pt 1.

...also was awesome. I sort of assumed the "Thing" in the basement was the child of the original owners. Alright so maybe Mr. Crispy isn't a figment of Ben's imagination. The Haden deal at the end of the show was fantastic. Answer the door, it's her, Creepy smile, and he slams the door on her. That's just great. I think I laugh at scenes in the show more then I'm suppose to laugh at them. And the return of the gimp suit. Awesome....

So who is really dead on this shown now?

• Options
    The maid is definitely dead. I think Tate is dead and I'm 50/50 on Jessica Lange's character being alive or dead. There's definitely something creepy about her.
    Episode 4 Halloween pt 1.

...also was awesome. I sort of assumed the "Thing" in the basement was the child of the original owners. Alright so maybe Mr. Crispy isn't a figment of Ben's imagination. The Haden deal at the end of the show was fantastic. Answer the door, it's her, Creepy smile, and he slams the door on her. That's just great. I think I laugh at scenes in the show more then I'm suppose to laugh at them. And the return of the gimp suit. Awesome....

So who is really dead on this shown now?
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Halloween Part 1 was fantastic. I wonder what is going to happen to Addy now. I think pretty much everyone is dead besides maybe burned man. I am starting to think more and more that Tate is dead. It would explain why he is always at the house. I love the suit, it might be the scariest thing on the show. I can't wait to see what is up with Viv's pregnancy.
    PLAY THE SOUTH