Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• dottles wrote:
    need to find time to ship..

Ship it from the UK, that'll confuse 'em! :D
    maybe if i bring it at uk,no need to ship it at all..

yeah right.. :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pandora wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Cool idea. Wish I'd come to this forum before today - I'd have done this. Looks like tons of fun. :lol:

I'll have to make a note of this for next year, if I am still around.
    Oh be around! and mark your calendar!

It is an awesome gift exchange... across the miles we touch each others hearts
    it's what PJ fans do the best :D

Yeah...I wish I'd known about it - being new, I didn't know you guys did this....but it looks like fun, and I could have used some fun this Christmas - been a very lean couple of years previous (unemployed in ATL for 16 months, as you know, Pandora - finally moved back to Alaska, just to get work).

It made me smile when I saw this thread yesterday - I've had a mixed bag of experiences with some folks on this board and have been thinking about not renewing my membership for year 2 because of a few unkind people I've met here in the short time I've been here...but this looks like a faith-renewing activity. Which is what I really need to see in this community, as I've seen a lot of selfishness and greed, to be honest. Maybe I've been posting in the wrong threads. :lol:

Oh well...if I'm around next year, I'll do it.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Almost done with mine! I keep finding little things here and there. :mrgreen:

Must

Stop

Shopping!!
  • PKTrekGirl wrote:
    It made me smile when I saw this thread yesterday - I've had a mixed bag of experiences with some folks on this board and have been thinking about not renewing my membership for year 2 because of a few unkind people I've met here in the short time I've been here...but this looks like a faith-renewing activity. Which is what I really need to see in this community, as I've seen a lot of selfishness and greed, to be honest. Maybe I've been posting in the wrong threads. :lol:

Just stick with the AET. It's fun around here. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PKTrekGirl wrote:

Just stick with the AET. It's fun around here. :mrgreen:

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences. Most of the people around here are pretty cool; some, not so much. Definitely more fun on the AET. I hope this year is better for you :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • It's shaping up 8-):D
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Cool idea. Wish I'd come to this forum before today - I'd have done this. Looks like tons of fun. :lol:

I'll have to make a note of this for next year, if I am still around.
    Oh be around! and mark your calendar!

It is an awesome gift exchange... across the miles we touch each others hearts
    it's what PJ fans do the best :D

Yeah...I wish I'd known about it - being new, I didn't know you guys did this....but it looks like fun, and I could have used some fun this Christmas - been a very lean couple of years previous (unemployed in ATL for 16 months, as you know, Pandora - finally moved back to Alaska, just to get work).

I'm sorry it didn't work out here in Atlanta. This unemployment crisis is heartbreaking.
    The job fairs so many turning out.
    They give an employment percentage ...
    but each face has a story and each are desperate to work again.

We too moved cross country, I know how difficult that is.
    If I had had a chance to go home a year and half after we arrived ...
    go home in '93
    well that would have rescued me, I was more than homesick ...
    I was life sick.

Maybe you can have faith now that you are in the right place
    on your path learning and growing.

As far as the unkind people here...
    I too have experienced some. For our world in general to be a better place, not just here,
    each person must work on being kinder and gentler, this is difficult, emotions and opinions
    run strong. All we can do is try.

Stick around please ... next year at this time 'here' will be better than today
    This I have faith in :D
  • oh i can't believe some of you are almost done...or have already shipped!! :shock:

well i'm starting the hunt for mine today, so wish me luck! i've had fun coming up with ideas....just hope they come together when i hit the shops!

:D
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    oh i can't believe some of you are almost done...or have already shipped!! :shock:

well i'm starting the hunt for mine today, so wish me luck! i've had fun coming up with ideas....just hope they come together when i hit the shops!

:D
    well, its because packages should be shipped as or before Sunday 27th November. ;)
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • AHHHH! I can't believe I missed this. I was in the midst of a one month road trip when this was all going on so I totally missed it this year. Hope you all enjoy it - it's tons of fun.

Helen - if you need anyone to sub in at the last minute 'cause someone bails or something, let me know.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I am planning on shipping tomorrow :mrgreen:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • :D maybe ill give it in person..in 2 days.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    :D maybe ill give it in person..in 2 days.. 8-)

You're hand delivering my yoga pants to me? Dimi, that is the greatest! See you on my doorstep. :lol:
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    :D maybe ill give it in person..in 2 days.. 8-)

You're hand delivering my yoga pants to me? Dimi, that is the greatest! See you on my doorstep. :lol:
    if u be a uk in 2 days.. :D
    and if i was traveling to usa in 2 days,ill go a little south from the area you are.... ;)
  • what to buy, what to make....hmmm...thoughts are churning int he head...
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • what to buy, what to make....hmmm...thoughts are churning int he head...

Only five days! :)
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    Done and done!

Will be sent out tomorrow!

:mrgreen:

PS this was so much fun, and many thanks to Sheila...you helped me a great deal..I'll be pm'ing one more question. :lol: :? :lol:
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I finally know what I'm getting, time to go shopping tomorrow! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • pandora wrote:
    PKTrekGirl wrote:

I'm sorry it didn't work out here in Atlanta. This unemployment crisis is heartbreaking.
    The job fairs so many turning out.
    They give an employment percentage ...
    but each face has a story and each are desperate to work again.

We too moved cross country, I know how difficult that is.
    If I had had a chance to go home a year and half after we arrived ...
    go home in '93
    well that would have rescued me, I was more than homesick ...
    I was life sick.

Maybe you can have faith now that you are in the right place
    on your path learning and growing.

As far as the unkind people here...
    I too have experienced some. For our world in general to be a better place, not just here,
    each person must work on being kinder and gentler, this is difficult, emotions and opinions
    run strong. All we can do is try.

Stick around please ... next year at this time 'here' will be better than today
    This I have faith in :D

Thank you and the others who responded, Pandora - I really appreciate the encouragement.

Yeah...this past 2 years has been the toughest of my entire life. The recession really kicked my ass hard, and I basically moved back to Alaska with the last of my disposable funds so that I could find work. Some old friends up here helped me out - basically saved my life, really. And I'm grateful for that. But I'll probably own that house in Atlanta forever, unless I can't keep up the payments and it goes back to the bank....an occurrence that is becoming more and more common in Atlanta, as you are probably aware., I'm still very broke (paying rent in AK and a mortgage in GA is killing me)...but at least I have a job here, and that's a step up. At least I have health insurance again, which is critical because I've been having some medical issues (found out last month that I have gallstones - like I really needed that, huh?).

As for here on this board, I've had a few good experiences also - I really need to find the 'good guys' around here and just focus on getting to know them. Just try to ignore the selfish jerks. :lol:

Thanks so much for making me feel welcome. I really need to get some good karma going in life, so I am most grateful!
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Thank you and the others who responded, Pandora - I really appreciate the encouragement.

Yeah...this past 2 years has been the toughest of my entire life. The recession really kicked my ass hard, and I basically moved back to Alaska with the last of my disposable funds so that I could find work. Some old friends up here helped me out - basically saved my life, really. And I'm grateful for that. But I'll probably own that house in Atlanta forever, unless I can't keep up the payments and it goes back to the bank....an occurrence that is becoming more and more common in Atlanta, as you are probably aware., I'm still very broke (paying rent in AK and a mortgage in GA is killing me)...but at least I have a job here, and that's a step up. At least I have health insurance again, which is critical because I've been having some medical issues (found out last month that I have gallstones - like I really needed that, huh?).

As for here on this board, I've had a few good experiences also - I really need to find the 'good guys' around here and just focus on getting to know them. Just try to ignore the selfish jerks. :lol:

Thanks so much for making me feel welcome. I really need to get some good karma going in life, so I am most grateful!
    Good karma will find you again, seems some did, your wonderful peeps...
    thank goodness for your friends in Alaska!

Some years are like this ... we learn so much from the trying times,
    like who our friends are and what is really important in life.

The market is picking up a bit here in Atl ... we too are facing trying to sell our house.
    Election year is a positive.
    Price it to move quick, each month that goes buy is money you could be saving.
    There is the rental option too, a bit of a headache, I know.
    You may have to walk away ... not great but people are managing after foreclosure.

Big picture.... you got a lot of living to do... this all a bump on the path.

And I hope your health improves, feel better soon.

Enjoy your holidays and we are glad you are here ... oh and Pearl Jam please play Alaska...
    I would have to manage that somehow! :D
    ready to ship out after the holiday!

I love Christmas! christmas-tree-112.gif
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Package sent. Surprisingly, the guy at the post office said it should arrive within a week or two. That sounds kind of fast to me, but I hope he is right.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Just waiting for one lil' thing to arrive and then send off! Hope my person doesn't think I'm too weird with my choices..... ;)
    Just sent my present out today, can't wait for the person to get it! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Posted mine out this afternoon!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
    I guess I have to go back out to mail it... :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Mailed mine today!!! Hope they like the goodies I sent! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • did i saw the person i need to ship this???

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    did i saw the person i need to ship this???

You're such a tease!
This discussion has been closed.