Secret Santa 2011

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    mfc2006 wrote:
    just about to place my orders..... :twisted:

I prefer white gold to yellow gold.

that works out then! by the way, the Benny Hall vinyl doesn't have to be sealed. :D

this may take awhile....i ordered multiple things that will come to my house, then i'm putting them all together to ship out!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I'm usually pretty creative with this kind of thing, but boy--this is kinda hard! I hope my person is okay with whatever I end up doing
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    just about to place my orders..... :twisted:

I prefer white gold to yellow gold.

that works out then! by the way, the Benny Hall vinyl doesn't have to be sealed. :D

this may take awhile....i ordered multiple things that will come to my house, then i'm putting them all together to ship out!

Yep, that's what I do - I'm about 1/8th of the way done. The hold up last year - took weeks to come - was the order from PJ goods.

I like white gold better too. And large bills, no tens or twenties.
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    sheila0225 wrote:
    how the hell are some of you done already? what the? :twisted:

I started well before I had my person. Now its just to personalize the rest of the package. I'm about half way done. :D

Some peeps are a bit quicker (crazy that! :roll: )
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    vduboise wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

I started well before I had my person. Now its just to personalize the rest of the package. I'm about half way done. :D

maybe it's the "first year doing this" syndrome I have. :lol:
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    see the person name....female..clik facebook,,already friends...
    see fotos..took victoria secret 50% coupon..i just get home..
    Merry Christmas from Secret Santa.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    sheila0225 wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

maybe it's the "first year doing this" syndrome I have. :lol:
    this is my 3rd year, and I know I'll still be packing stuff until the very end.

No Stress!! Just have fun making/buying your gifts and your recipient will be happy with it.
    sheila0225 wrote:
    see the person name....female..clik facebook,,already friends...
    see fotos..took victoria secret 50% coupon..i just get home..
    Merry Christmas from Secret Santa.. :D

hope I got yoga pants. :mrgreen:
    sheila0225 wrote:

i like to get my Christmas shopping done as early as possible...i've always been that way. hope they like their gifts! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I got almost everything I wanted to send before I even knew who my person was. All I need is for it to stop raining and I will make my way to the post office (hopefully early next week).
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Got my parcel of stuf to parcel up and send today. Now i just need to finish the bit I'm making.
    Does everybody wait until Christmas day to open them or when you get them you open them?
    I find it too difficult to wait! I open mine :D
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I open mine, as well.

1/3 of the gifts arrived today in the mail.

Still waiting on the ferret chow.

I hope my recipient isn't allergic to weasels.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Really wish I could have done this, money is really tight this year. Plus the last time I did something like this on the board I spent a bunch of money and got no return. (At least Dimi liked his snow globe!) :mrgreen:
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    YAY just sent mine out!! I'm so glad I decided to do this, I hope it makes my recipient happy :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I open mine, as well.

1/3 of the gifts arrived today in the mail.

Still waiting on the ferret chow.

I hope my recipient isn't allergic to weasels.

OMG I so want a weasel! Sick of getting ferrets every single year, there's only so many ferrets I can fit down my trousers and I'm getting sick of them scratching.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Why wait until X-mas to open the prezzie??

Unlost - hopefully there won't be quarantine issues! Well at least for a weasel. Not sure what rules and regulations are for shipping a zombie.
  • I got something in the mail today but I have no idea if it's from this. I got the 2009 Christmas single sealed from someone in Winnipeg.
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    @ Claireack: You're not supposed to put them down your trousers, silly _ they're supposed be inside your shirt. Of course, that probably won't eliminate the scratching issue.

@ redrock: I figured I'd get around that by saying it's a cat.

No good?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    the gifts that i ordered have started to arrive :)

4 more to go & i will ship this package w/ the quickness!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Mine posted today! I wanted to get it out as we're leaving town and not back before the cutoff. Luckily my person gave very good likes....sure hope they like what I sent. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Aaaagh, my 1st time doing this! What to send???!?!??!??!?! I'm sure I'll work something out just need to go to shops & GO SHOPPING!! 8-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Will start wrapping tomorrow and hopefully post on pay day :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Cool idea. Wish I'd come to this forum before today - I'd have done this. Looks like tons of fun. :lol:

I'll have to make a note of this for next year, if I am still around.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Cool idea. Wish I'd come to this forum before today - I'd have done this. Looks like tons of fun. :lol:

I'll have to make a note of this for next year, if I am still around.
    Oh be around! and mark your calendar!

It is an awesome gift exchange... across the miles we touch each others hearts
    it's what PJ fans do the best :D
  • need to find time to ship..
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I bought some more for mine today, just looking on the net for a final part :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    need to find time to ship..

Ship it from the UK, that'll confuse 'em! :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
This discussion has been closed.