Options

Herman Cain resume. Read up. This is how you WIN

Comments

• Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    Go Beavers wrote:
    sounds like in that scenario, someone chose wrong. Not everyone wins. Not everyone gets the filet.

work yourself through college maybe :idea:

learn a trade or a skill that adds value :idea:

have a backup plan if that doesn't work :idea:

or, just blame those who succeed while you sit and suck at life

So do you think Wall Street has no responsibility in the current economic situation? Or you acknowledge it, but your response is that people just need to adjust their marketable skills?

Either way and your allowing people to act irresponsibly, but at the same time, preaching that people need to be responsible.

exactly.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I've talked to all my racist, redneck friends who hate all people with skin darker then Tom Petty (a.k.a. tea party supporters) and they ALL favor Cain at this point in the debates.

And it looks like the latest polls do as well.

Cain leads Republican field in NBC/WSJ poll
    http://news.yahoo.com/cain-leads-republican-field-nbc-wsj-poll-003958398.html

As for me, I'll worry about it more in a year. At least the top two front-runners have business experience and it looks like the blowhards are fading away.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Jason P wrote:
    I've talked to all my racist, redneck friends who hate all people with skin darker then Tom Petty (a.k.a. tea party supporters) and they ALL favor Cain at this point in the debates.

And it looks like the latest polls do as well.

Cain leads Republican field in NBC/WSJ poll
    http://news.yahoo.com/cain-leads-republican-field-nbc-wsj-poll-003958398.html

As for me, I'll worry about it more in a year. At least the top two front-runners have business experience and it looks like the blowhards are fading away.

Let's add Cain to this list....

Trump
    Bachman
    Perry
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Has Hermain Cain actually won anything?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    A battle against cancer. Probably the most important win a person can attain.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Just a heads up, Erin Burnett is interviewing the Black Walnut, 7pm tonight CNN.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is the only republican i would even consider voting for, but i don't see the Presidency coming down to two black man, won't happen. if it somehow does, Cain will get my vote.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,708
    Jason P wrote:

Because no one voted for Cancer.
  • Options
    This is the only republican i would even consider voting for, but i don't see the Presidency coming down to two black man, won't happen. if it somehow does, Cain will get my vote.

Have you seen the guy's web page? It's basically the same recycled, conservative babble.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

Have you seen the guy's web page? It's basically the same recycled, conservative babble.

No i havent, i'll go check it out now.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

No i havent, i'll go check it out now.

Very Conservative, not my thing, i do like some of his ideas on how to fix the economony though.
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I meant electoral politics.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    I meant electoral politics.

I don't understand the point. Don't we all agree we hate politicians? So, here's someone that has no political background and is an outsider (realizing that nobody ascending to this level is truly an outsider - but in relative terms).

Isn't that a good thing?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I don't understand the point. Don't we all agree we hate politicians? So, here's someone that has no political background and is an outsider (realizing that nobody ascending to this level is truly an outsider - but in relative terms).

Isn't that a good thing?
    I just don't buy the fact that a good business man makes a good public leader. Two completely different ball games, a business, you can choose who you serve, what you serve, etc... Government can't really do that. I'm not saying businessmen/women CAN'T make good leaders, but I don't think it's anymore of a prerequisite for being a good politician than anything else.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,138
    good politician

Did you really mean to put those 2 words together?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190

Isn't that a good thing?
    i thought someone having "no experience" was a bad thing??????

if it is not a bad thing, then what was all that criticism of obama being inexperienced then???

oh that's right, that was 3 years ago and times have changed...back then it was easier to argue that than to argue against the man's vision and what he wanted to accomplish...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    how does being a businessman prepare someone for how to handle foreign policy issues like wars and potential human rights violations and dealing with the countries in the UN?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

Isn't that a good thing?

if it is not a bad thing, then what was all that criticism of obama being inexperienced then???

oh that's right, that was 3 years ago and times have changed...back then it was easier to argue that than to argue against the man's vision and what he wanted to accomplish...

Actually, you're reading into what I was saying. I don't think either way makes a difference. I disagree with those that say you need a political background. We just need someone that knows what they're doing.

Obama was a bad choice for President (Which is proving prescient). Even if he had been a career politician that would have been true. (unfortunately, McCain would have been a bad choice, too - and therein lies the problem. Why eliminate a non-politician of that simple reason).
  • Options
    how does being a businessman prepare someone for how to handle foreign policy issues like wars and potential human rights violations and dealing with the countries in the UN?

It's all human interaction. In business, you come across all walks of life with all different perspectives. You must navigate that successfully to get to the places he's gotten.

Additionally, you have to surround yourself with good people and know when to listen to experts to manage a situation. Foreign policy is no different.

Quite frankly, a business background probably prepares you better for this sort of stuff than sitting in congress or being a Governor. Unless you're Rudy Giuliani, you probably haven't dealt with foreign powers while in office (and he was "only" a mayor!).
  • Options

Isn't that a good thing?
    I just don't buy the fact that a good business man makes a good public leader. Two completely different ball games, a business, you can choose who you serve, what you serve, etc... Government can't really do that. I'm not saying businessmen/women CAN'T make good leaders, but I don't think it's anymore of a prerequisite for being a good politician than anything else.

This is funny. If you don't understand how getting to the top of your profession is part politician, you probably don't work in business. At the highest level, business is international politics. Yes, you serve different purposes. But, one experience does lend itself to success in another. As a matter of fact, it may prove even better, as you would have a different perspective on conflict resolution that might serve you well. Do you really think talking to the leader of another country is all that different that talking to a leader of a multinational company? Well, wait. You may be right. The latter would probably be smarter.
  • Options

Isn't that a good thing?

Actually, you're reading into what I was saying. I don't think either way makes a difference. I disagree with those that say you need a political background. We just need someone that knows what they're doing.

Obama was a bad choice for President (Which is proving prescient). Even if he had been a career politician that would have been true. (unfortunately, McCain would have been a bad choice, too - and therein lies the problem. Why eliminate a non-politician of that simple reason).
    i agree with you. both were terrible choices.
    i think the point i am trying to make is a president has to be politically savvy. it takes a whole different form of savvy to be successful in business. the goals of business are different than the goals of being a politically savvy president. in business you have to act in your own interest and the interest of the company. in politics you have to juggle so many different variables and even the smallest detail, a wrong word used, and accent on the wrong word in a sentence, i mean anything at all can piss off any number of people in the world. it can alienate allies. and you have to be as willing to fight for peace and make sacrifices to insure peace as you do to commit to a war. you have to have a smoothness. look at clinton. that man had political savvy. bush didn't. his dad didn't. obama has a little savvy, but not enough to get his own party to support him, but he is well respected in the world.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Well he has people behind the scenes writing things... he just won't tell you who they are.
  • Options

Isn't that a good thing?

That's a good point to bring up as Obama's political leadership experience was a weakness that the GOP attacked in the last election cycle and it does seem hypocritical to flaunt Cain's lack of political experience as an asset four years later.

However, a lot of the public has turned against the notion of career politicians in the last election cycle. What was once perceived as a weakness (lack of political experience) is now an asset ... pending it is replaced with strong background in successful business experience.
  • Options
    i agree with you. both were terrible choices.
    i think the point i am trying to make is a president has to be politically savvy. it takes a whole different form of savvy to be successful in business. the goals of business are different than the goals of being a politically savvy president. in business you have to act in your own interest and the interest of the company. in politics you have to juggle so many different variables and even the smallest detail, a wrong word used, and accent on the wrong word in a sentence, i mean anything at all can piss off any number of people in the world. it can alienate allies. and you have to be as willing to fight for peace and make sacrifices to insure peace as you do to commit to a war. you have to have a smoothness. look at clinton. that man had political savvy. bush didn't. his dad didn't. obama has a little savvy, but not enough to get his own party to support him, but he is well respected in the world.

I don't see the 2 as so terribly different. In both cases you're main interest is your own company (country). In both instances, you must learn to speak other people's languages to get them to do what you think is right. A single wrong word could mean the death of a business deal. So, while yes, the details are different, the skills are basically the same.

And, Obama has the "respect" of the world because he's a wimp. He's naivety in regard to Israel is all you need to know. Don't mistake circling vultures as respect. They believe they can "have" him. So, they cut him extra slack. The moment he actually makes a difficult decision, that "respect" will disappear. Everyone likes you when you're doing what they want.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,138
    Jason P wrote:
    That's a good point to bring up as Obama's political leadership experience was a weakness that the GOP attacked in the last election cycle and it does seem hypocritical to flaunt Cain's lack of political experience as an asset four years later.

This is true of some. Personally I was hopeful about the lack of Washington experience with Obama.

And I like a business man running for political office. Sure some things are different about politics and business but that is a good thing. Do we really want people in the machine to try and change the direction of the machine?

I've only softened my stance a little as I think you need to have a mixture of experienced Washington politicians (or staffers at the very least) and newbies.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/herman ... om-simcity

Herman Cain Stole His “9-9-9” Plan From SimCity

Politics Buzz According to the Republican presidential candidate's revolutionary plan, corporate income taxes, personal income taxes, and national sales tax rates would each be 9%. Seems smart and original, right? Wrong. Reporters have unearthed an astonishing similarity between Cain's 9-9-9 Plan and SimCity 4's default tax scheme.

check the link for more... :lol:
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/herman-cain-stole-his-9-9-9-plan-from-simcity

Politics Buzz According to the Republican presidential candidate's revolutionary plan, corporate income taxes, personal income taxes, and national sales tax rates would each be 9%. Seems smart and original, right? Wrong. Reporters have unearthed an astonishing similarity between Cain's 9-9-9 Plan and SimCity 4's default tax scheme.

Cool. Finally something the younger generation can understand how it works in action rather than falling for Hopey/Changey.
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/fjelstud/herman-cain-stole-his-9-9-9-plan-from-simcity

Cool. Finally something the younger generation can understand how it works in action rather than falling for Hopey/Changey.

Do people understand how it works in action? It would hit the working poor hard, and there doesn't seem to be much consensus on how much revenue his plan would bring in.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I believe you either have a sales tax, and no income tax, or you have income tax and no sales tax. You can't have both, that is ridiculous. A fixed rate sales tax would be a fine fit for everyone as I've said before. That way even drug lords and prostitutes are paying their taxes anytime they buy something. Keep life essentials tax fee (i.e. clothing, food, and health care products), and cut the tax rate on gas as well. That way it doesn't effect the poor. They'd have more tax revenue than they knew what to do with....but I'm sure they'd find something to spend it all on.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    http://atlantapost.com/2011/05/25/a-rea ... rman-cain/

“Cain clearly believes that his pro-business message is what GOP voters want to hear. So much so, in fact, that on Saturday he officially unveiled his candidacy for the 2012 GOP nomination. But scrubbed from Cain’s official story is his long tenure as a director at a Midwest energy corporation named Aquila that, like the infamous Enron Corporation, recklessly drove into the wild west of energy trading and speculation – and ultimately screwed its employees out of tens of millions of dollars,”

anyone hear more about this? This was brought to my attention today