Options

Herman Cain resume. Read up. This is how you WIN

Comments

• Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I know this is probably a surprise, but running a company is not the same as running a country. You can be a dick and still be an extraordinary CEO. Read his comments about the Wall Street protests. For being a black guy, he's sure out of touch with the common man.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t2
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    gabers wrote:
    For being a black guy, he's sure out of touch with the common man.

Huh????
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    shadowcast wrote:
    Do you really think Cain can pull off the nomination? Mitt will be the last guy standing

No, and I agree. Romney is the no-brainer... and he can't win against Obama because he'll get called out for being in a cult.
    i dunno my friend, a good portion of the republican electorate still believes that obama is a muslim. and if given a choice between a mormon and a muslim, you can bet the farm that a lot of republicans would take their chances with the mormon.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    Do you really think Cain can pull off the nomination? Mitt will be the last guy standing

No, and I agree. Romney is the no-brainer... and he can't win against Obama because he'll get called out for being in a cult.
    i dunno my friend, a good portion of the republican electorate still believes that obama is a muslim. and if given a choice between a mormon and a muslim, you can bet the farm that a lot of republicans would take their chances with the mormon.

They won't be many republicans voting for Obama even if an atheist Conservative ended up winning the GOP nomination. If Mitt wins the nomination, being a mormon will have no impact.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    "Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself!" Cain said. "It is not a person's fault because they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Mark my words:
    Cain will not get the nomination, but he will tapped to be the running mate as VP.

People do seem to like him.
    He'll pull black votes from Obama.
    VP isn't as scary for racist/redneck Republicans.
    Really old and out of it Republicans will see "Cain" and think they voted for him last time. :lol:

But yeah, I can bet a lot of money, Cain will be someone's running mate!
  • Options
    "Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself!" Cain said. "It is not a person's fault because they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed. And so this is why I don't understand these demonstrations and what is it that they're looking for
    mr cain sounds like a smug asshole to me.

everyone should step back and read those words and process them.

if you don't have a job, and you're not rich blame yourself????

really mr. cain??

where are the jobs that you all promised that are going to make everyone rich?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733

They won't be many republicans voting for Obama even if an atheist Conservative ended up winning the GOP nomination. If Mitt wins the nomination, being a mormon will have no impact.

As much as you want Obama to lose, you should still pay attention to people's attitudes and opinions. In June, 17% of Republicans would not vote for a Mormon for President. I think that 17% grows as more people learn about Mormonism.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/148100/Hesitant-Support-Mormon-2012.aspx

The desperate scrambling of Republicans to find someone who can beat Obama should continue for the next few months.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    As much as you want Obama to lose, you should still pay attention to people's attitudes and opinions. In June, 17% of Republicans would not vote for a Mormon for President. I think that 17% grows as more people learn about Mormonism.

The desperate scrambling of Republicans to find someone who can beat Obama should continue for the next few months.

Not totally disagreeing with you, but these polls are done "in a vacuum." If you asked - if your only choices were a Mormon Conservative or Obama who would you vote for? I'm sure some (not all, maybe not even most) would say -well, I'd have to go Conservative. And most (if not all) of the rest would say - I'm not voting for either. Very few of those types would vote for Obama either.

You have to interpret the meaning and relevance of a lot of these types of polls.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

Not totally disagreeing with you, but these polls are done "in a vacuum." If you asked - if your only choices were a Mormon Conservative or Obama who would you vote for? I'm sure some (not all, maybe not even most) would say -well, I'd have to go Conservative. And most (if not all) of the rest would say - I'm not voting for either. Very few of those types would vote for Obama either.

You have to interpret the meaning and relevance of a lot of these types of polls.

It is in a vacuum because they aren't asking Mormon vs. Obama, but it does show a significant enough resistance to make it so he won't get nominated, because in the primaries it will be the Mormon vs. the typical conservative from a mainstream religion you're familiar with.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

It is in a vacuum because they aren't asking Mormon vs. Obama, but it does show a significant enough resistance to make it so he won't get nominated, because in the primaries it will be the Mormon vs. the typical conservative from a mainstream religion you're familiar with.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want Mitt either. But, I think some of them will cave if it came to that. Honestly, if it was Mitt or Obama, I'd go lesser of 2 evils and pray that Mitt won't reverse course back to his original Mass days of health care. And, I think some of the racists you site would, also. It would also be interesting (I didn't see it here) to have that broken down by State. If all that is concentrated in a handful of states, it probably wouldn't effect the outcome of the primary, either (i.e. he might lose a particular State by a land slide, but he'd win enough states to get the nomination).
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

You are extremely naive if you believe registered republicans would not vote for Mitt Romney if up against Obama because Mitt is mormon. I think it matters to Mitt in the primary, but not so much after.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

You are extremely naive if you believe registered republicans would not vote for Mitt Romney if up against Obama because Mitt is mormon. I think it matters to Mitt in the primary, but not so much after.

I think you're being naive about Christian fundamentalists who make up about 20%+ of the population. His religion will play out more in the primaries, and if he makes it to the pres election, it will divide the Christian fundamentalists, which is a core voting bloc for repubs. Some just wont turn out at the election because neither are what God wants, some will vote for a third party kook, some will vote for Obama because he didn't turn out to be Satan and being a member of the United Church of Christ is better than being a Mormon (although it will bring them considerable shame and guilt and they wont admit it to anyone), and then the rest will vote for Romney. That takes away too many votes and it's why Republicans in D.C. will work against Romney's nomination.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    999 :lol::lol: :roll:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Good argument. It actually makes sense from a fairness perspective. Now, maybe the numbers need to be adjusted, but 999 sounds better than 11.5,7.8,8.9

Having a flat income tax with few deductions, then a sales tax works well. Obviously, it would need some details (e.g. do you allow certain income brackets to deduct mortgage interest and not others? do you allow fruits and vegetables to be non-taxed, clothes up to a set figure, say $100 per item?)

But, it actually has some validity to it on a number of levels. Including the fact that the rich would pay more in sheer dollars as 9% of their sales purchases is a hell of a lot more than mine.
  • Options
    don't forget all bills can be no longer than 3 pages....

i wrote answers to single questions on final exams in grad school that were longer than that...

:lol:

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

i wrote answers to single questions on final exams in grad school that were longer than that...

Grad school? I had some that were 12 pages first year (though that prof was nuts).
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options

What is wrong with shortened bills?

And you take stuff too literal, 3 pages is just randomly picked. It is just a reference to the out of control bills that no one reads except 1-2 staffers. Of all things to not like Cain over, I have no idea why anyone would make this one.

Maybe it's because he's black. :o See, now both parties can play the same bs game.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

What is wrong with shortened bills?

And you take stuff too literal, 3 pages is just randomly picked. It is just a reference to the out of control bills that no one reads except 1-2 staffers. Of all things to not like Cain over, I have no idea why anyone would make this one.

Maybe it's because he's black. :o See, now both parties can play the same bs game.
    are you speaking for cain now? how do you know it is a made up number? the videos of him i saw make it sound like he really believes that 3 pages are the maximum length of all bills...you can't cram provisions or stipulations into a shortened bill. page restrictions are laughable. he is trying to dumb down the process, when it is not that simple.

and no, i don't care if he is black or magenta. he is not getting my vote because he is a dick.

• Options
    are you speaking for cain now? how do you know it is a made up number? the videos of him i saw make it sound like he really believes that 3 pages are the maximum length of all bills...you can't cram provisions or stipulations into a shortened bill. page restrictions are laughable. he is trying to dumb down the process, when it is not that simple.

and no, i don't care if he is black or magenta. he is not getting my vote because he is a dick.

The black thing was a joke. I saw a post from Byrnzie earlier.

Still not sure why it's not a bad idea to write laws that the people voting on them have time to actually read.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    Got to say, his interview with this hot-head from MSNBC really impressed me, particularly the part on his economic plan (which of course, was saved for the last couple minutes)...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/10/06/fireworks_msnbcs_lawrence_odonnell_hostile_interview_with_herman_cain.html
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695

really mr. cain??

yes really. It's not about hand outs. Got to earn your keep. If you can't, look in the mirror.
  • Options

really mr. cain??

yes really. It's not about hand outs. Got to earn your keep. If you can't, look in the mirror.
    its not about hand outs. it is about jobs. or the lack of jobs.

since he seems to be fine with the way the country is going and is against helping people i will take a page from the gop handbook and accuse mr cain of class warfare....

• Options
    help yourself

be smarter. train harder. pick the right career.

choices.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    help yourself

be smarter. train harder. pick the right career.

choices.

Then leave college with thousands of $$ of debt and discover there are no jobs to be had.
  • Options
    sounds like in that scenario, someone chose wrong. Not everyone wins. Not everyone gets the filet.

work yourself through college maybe :idea:

learn a trade or a skill that adds value :idea:

have a backup plan if that doesn't work :idea:

or, just blame those who succeed while you sit and suck at life
  • Options
    sounds like in that scenario, someone chose wrong. Not everyone wins. Not everyone gets the filet.

funny, you suggest working through college when there are no jobs.

you also said learn a trade. most trades are union jobs, and most trades, like auto workers, like construction/carpernters are out of work. in case you have not noticed, new construction and especailly homes starts are at the lowest point of the last 50 years.

good ideas though...

what is your definition of winning?
    having a job?
    being able to pay your bills?
    being able to support your family?

if that is winning then yes, most people are not winning...

• Options
    pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684

so what advice do you give to my sisters and brothers who went to school and worked for citigroup but is now unemployed...or one of my brothers who learned a trade and is an iron worker unemployed cause there's nothing to build...backup plan eh? Mortgage, food, insurance, bills, and this stuff all just goes away right? My sis had to get a job at target because there is nothing out there for her; she has 2 kids and her husband just got laid off too. I'm sorry if you're naive enough to believe this "pull yourself up by the bootsraps" crap. Have a backup plan? Just like wall street had a backup plan when they were fucking shit up left and right. fucking ridiculous
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    I am not sure if this has been posted yet nor do I know how to post a link. Something very worth watching ;)
    Go to U tube...Type in.....Herman Cain Educates Clinton
    The look that Bill has in his eyes is like a deer staring at headlights. :lol:
    I think he could definitely give Obama some competition.
    John and Shawna
  • Options

So do you think Wall Street has no responsibility in the current economic situation? Or you acknowledge it, but your response is that people just need to adjust their marketable skills?

Either way and your allowing people to act irresponsibly, but at the same time, preaching that people need to be responsible.