Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Can the Breaking Bad writers get together with the Dexter writers in order to help them figure out a way to end a series.

The past 3 BB episodes were fantastic. I can't think of one episode this season on Dexter that was remotely entertaining.

I am so disappointed in this show.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    mca47 wrote:
    limping to the finish line. this is sad.
    Yeah, pretty much. Every episode I kept thinking "Ok, something crazy is gonna happen..."
    They should have ended it last year.

unfortately, I agree
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

Pains me to say this, but I totally agree. The Hannah story was pretty dull last season, dragging it out over two is completely tedious. The Vogel storyline isn't much better.........I'm just hoping they throw a massive twist in at the end to make this season even remotely memorable.

but a twist to end the entire series just seems like a total cop out to me. although, yeah, it would at least make things a little more entertaining.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Easily one of the best episodes of the season.

And yeah, how about that Pink dress on Hannah?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

that dress was the best thing to happen all season
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Pains me to say this, but I totally agree. The Hannah story was pretty dull last season, dragging it out over two is completely tedious. The Vogel storyline isn't much better.........I'm just hoping they throw a massive twist in at the end to make this season even remotely memorable.

but a twist to end the entire series just seems like a total cop out to me. although, yeah, it would at least make things a little more entertaining.

I do think that's how it's going to end..some kind of last minute twist at the end. That's how the last 2 seasons have ended. And it's easier for the writers as they don't have to really set it up.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

:clap: :corn: :mrgreen: :-D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Any other fans of The Shield on here? It was really cool to see "Lemonhead" make an appearance as the Marshall in Sunday's episode.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, pretty much. Every episode I kept thinking "Ok, something crazy is gonna happen..."

Yeah, this season has not been very good. Last season was pretty good, but they are back to the same lazy writing and boring storylines this season. This should have ended after 6 seasons. Based on what they showed from the last 3 episodes, it looks like Dexter is battling Vogel's son. Does anyone really care about that?? At this point, I want him to get caught. Or at least found out and the series ends with him on the run with Hannah and Harrison...
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, this season has not been very good. Last season was pretty good, but they are back to the same lazy writing and boring storylines this season. This should have ended after 6 seasons. Based on what they showed from the last 3 episodes, it looks like Dexter is battling Vogel's son. Does anyone really care about that?? At this point, I want him to get caught. Or at least found out and the series ends with him on the run with Hannah and Harrison...

I'm not even sure why Dexter cares about Vogel's son so much. Why not just leave now?

I feel that if he does get caught it's just going to be a last minute twist. No suspense or plot points have led to it at this point. Still disappointed that instead of Miami Metro figuring things out and trying to bring Dexter down, the last season has featured such great stories as: Who will be the next sgt? (Funny that that person disappeared once that plot was over), Quinn and Jamie's relationship woes, Masuka and daughter, Deb's boss liking her. And did they ever explain why/how? Wasn't he forcibly retired due to his involvement with the dead call girl and now all of a sudden he's back at Miami Metro this season like nothing has happened?
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

I'm not even sure why Dexter cares about Vogel's son so much. Why not just leave now?

I feel that if he does get caught it's just going to be a last minute twist. No suspense or plot points have led to it at this point. Still disappointed that instead of Miami Metro figuring things out and trying to bring Dexter down, the last season has featured such great stories as: Who will be the next sgt? (Funny that that person disappeared once that plot was over), Quinn and Jamie's relationship woes, Masuka and daughter, Deb's boss liking her. And did they ever explain why/how? Wasn't he forcibly retired due to his involvement with the dead call girl and now all of a sudden he's back at Miami Metro this season like nothing has happened?

Yeah, there have been some pretty awful side stories this season. Masuka and his daughter is the worst one...Masuka is there for comic relief and to make inappropriate comments....that's it.

I think last year they explained why Matthews was back. When LaGuerta was trying to get him to help investigate Dexter as the bay harbor butcher, he wanted her to reinstate him because he needed more time to get a full pension or something like that.
  • Options
    Yep this just keeps getting worse and worse. But on the bright side I did just start re watching the first season. Wow that was pretty well done. That opening kill scene in that first episode that shows the real Dexter, is just awesome.

Season 4 was great too. The rest just got worse and worse and worse and worser than worse...

There is only like two people on the show that doesn't know what Dexter is!

I was really hoping Dexter would gradually get sloppier at his work, get more out of control and then get caught.. Oh well....
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    can you think of another show that was once so great that went out as badly as this one is? i never watched lost, but people always talk about that.

entourage was never a great show but it was really good for about 3 seasons then got pretty bad at the end.

but i thought dexter was the best show on tv for it's first few years. it was excellent, riveting tv. it filled that post sopranos void for me. i just can't believe how bad it has become. fucking bugs me.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    can you think of another show that was once so great that went out as badly as this one is? i never watched lost, but people always talk about that.

entourage was never a great show but it was really good for about 3 seasons then got pretty bad at the end.

but i thought dexter was the best show on tv for it's first few years. it was excellent, riveting tv. it filled that post sopranos void for me. i just can't believe how bad it has become. fucking bugs me.
    Yep.

The Simpsons.
  • Options

X-Files. The earlier seasons are still the best thing that was ever on TV.
  • Options

Yeah, it's too bad. It was just Showtime being greedy and refusing to get rid of their most popular show even though it had turned into a mess creatively. 5, maybe 6 seasons would have been perfect...
  • Options
    This show should have been ended at Season 5.
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    finally got around to watching last Sunday's episode last night....for someone that used to tune in without fail every Sunday,that alone says a lot!

I just want it to be over at this point.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options

X Files, The Killing (although season three wasn't bad). Hell On Wheels (thought season two was horrible, but so far I'm interested in season 3), Weeds, Wipeout (wait does that count? Ha!)
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Tonight's episode will probably be just as predictable as all the others.....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    was an episode last night?i cant find torrents and at next episode com says,next sunday
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    was an episode last night?i cant find torrents and at next episode com says,next sunday

No there wasnt. Not sure if they ran a repeat or showed something else at the time. I was just making a joke about if they replayed an older episode....
  • Options
    There are no words as to how bad this show has become.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

PBM

I've resorted to just reading online recaps, as I really don't have the desire to sit through the episodes anymore..especially when I read about how bad they were.

I'll probably watch the last episode, but I really dont' care how it ends at this point.
  • Options

PBM

Only 2 more to suffer through. I just wanted the episode to end last night...not fun to watch. Especially after I watched Breaking Bad before that...makes you realize how awful Dexter has become.
  • Options
    Especially after I watched Breaking Bad before that...makes you realize how awful Dexter has become.

That's the hardest part...you go from one show ending it's spectacular run to another show just going through the motions in order to finish.

They have to know how bad this season has sucked. I am so disappointed...and this is coming from someone who put Dexter at the top of the all-time best shows.

PBM

• Options
    Last nights wasnt bad, with the previews of the remaining 2 looking good.
  • Options

Oh, it was so bad. The whole thing with Harrison falling on the treadmill...which led to Hannah taking him to the ER. It's lazy writing.

They're not even trying anymore.

PBM

• Options

Oh, it was so bad. The whole thing with Harrison falling on the treadmill...which led to Hannah taking him to the ER. It's lazy writing.

They're not even trying anymore.

PBM

Yup. Like she wouldn't have Deb's cell #? Come on. At least have a wig or something to mask your identity!

I hate the way this show is going out. Hate it.
    chinese-happy.jpg