Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    This season is ok. Still you can't beat those first few seasons...especially Trinity. Hoping they amp things up a little bit. They are really slow-playing this season too...not a lot of kills this time around.

PBM

Yup, doesn't really seem to have the intensify of a "final season" so far.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Better Dan wrote:
    This season is ok. Still you can't beat those first few seasons...especially Trinity. Hoping they amp things up a little bit. They are really slow-playing this season too...not a lot of kills this time around.

PBM

Yup, doesn't really seem to have the intensify of a "final season" so far.
    yep,,my thoughts too
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Haven't seen the most recent episode, but I was starting to lose interest during the previous one. I'm just not too interested in the Vogel storyline, Masuka's storyline, or who will become Sergeant.

Did they ever explain why Matthews came back? I thought he retired.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    At about the halfway mark of the final season.

Things seem a little too cushiony now between Deb and Dexter. Is this series going to end with them happily ever after?

The Brain Cutter storyline seemed to have just ended rather quickly? Is this storyline really over?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312

Things seem a little too cushiony now between Deb and Dexter. Is this series going to end with them happily ever after?

The Brain Cutter storyline seemed to have just ended rather quickly? Is this storyline really over?

yeah that was weird how they just ended that.....strange final season. i almost feel as if the last half will seem completely different from the first half.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This season so far has really been slow, but other seasons have gone along the same route and left us in shock when it's all over.
  • Options

seems we will get the son of that rich guy to continue now
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312

there's only about 7 episodes left. why would they start up this story line now? these are the last 7 episodes of the entire series.........
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

there's only about 7 episodes left. why would they start up this story line now? these are the last 7 episodes of the entire series.........

There's already starting to be some talk about a possible spinoff. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57596255/showtime-executive-hints-at-dexter-spinoff/
  • Options
    i say Evelyn Vogel is the killer ....
    Yeah, somethings gotta break.

I dont see the pasty white weirdo rich kid storyline going too far.
    Something hovering below the surface has to be coming up shortly?

Whats up with this dude thats Deb's Boss? Sean Patrick Flannery. He really hasnt had much of a part in this season.

Will someone find out more about Dexter and the Bay Harbor Butcher Case?

Will Deb get pissed/hurt at Dexter again and finally want to eliminate him? I dont see this happening.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Deb is going to start going on kills with Dexter. Brother-sister killing machine.

You'll see.

They'll either get caught together or killed (gunned down perhaps) together. Either way, they are ending the series with Deb and Dex "together".
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Deb is going to start going on kills with Dexter. Brother-sister killing machine.

You'll see.

They'll either get caught together or killed (gunned down perhaps) together. Either way, they are ending the series with Deb and Dex "together".
    I said it at the start of this season, I can see Dexter sacrificing himself to protect Deb at the end.

Just remains to be seen what that entails.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    This season so far has really been slow, but other seasons have gone along the same route and left us in shock when it's all over.

That is true...but like Better Dan mentioned...it sure doesn't feel like the final season.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

Remember the storyline last season about the guy (the intern/tech working with Vince) who was trying to settle some score with Dexter and then he was just killed off in an episode.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    I still think Vogel is the brain surgeon and Hanna will kill Deb....
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Time Warner just blocked my Showtime!!...Fuckers!! :evil:

Thank goodness I can still use their intenet service to illegally download the episodes I will miss :D
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Maybe the pace is about to pick up now that Hanna is back? Hope so, not many episodes left. And WTF is Dexter thinking with this protege project?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Maybe the pace is about to pick up now that Hanna is back? Hope so, not many episodes left. And WTF is Dexter thinking with this protege project?

I thought this episode was better than the last few. I'm surprised Dexter was going to go ahead with the kill after Quinn spotted him. It would have been suspicious if that kid disappeared the night Dexter was watching him, especially since Quinn has already been suspcious of Dexter in the past. I still feel like they didn't have enough good storylines for this season and are just trying to pad things out. The storylines about Deb and her boss, Masuka and his daughter, and Dexter's neighbor aren't really that interesting and seem like filler most of the time. I know every season has had storylines like this, but I have just never found the secondary characters very interesting or developed on this show.
  • Options
    EPIC...

give me some Hannah baby...woot!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Spinoff?
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Spinoff?

Good call. I wonder if that's what their plan is since Showtime has already hinted at a possible spinoff.
  • Options
    I was watching the episode last night and realized what this season (and the past couple seasons) are sorely lacking...good episode cliff-hangers. Admittedly, this past episode was ok...but other than that, it's really been lackluster.

Interesting to see where they go with all of this. Is this the most we've got without any kill-room scenes. We get one this week and he cuts him free.

PBM

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    EPIC...

Mmmmmm....Hannah! :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    EPIC...

Mmmmmm....Hannah! :thumbup: :D
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Entertainment Weekly writer had a few guesses for spin-off series:

Deb - I don't think it's likely
    Hannah - Plausible
    Zach Hamilton - Interesting...a way to keep the code going...although, the thought of them carrying on the theme of the show without Michael C Hall seems desperate.

PBM

• Options
    cant wait to see it,downloading now..

Hannah baby!
  • Options
    Hannah seems like she is going to be the knife that splits the Deb/Dexter union for the final time.

Will Dexter choose Hannah or Deb? Or himself?
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    OMG has anybody seen this before?? Hilarious! I was just crying for the past 5 minutes and laughing so hard my stomach still hurts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et5rlvzNwMU&feature=share&list=PLl4T6p7km9dboZ2fVk7JB3AqWSZehtalg
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis