Mmmmm.... Hannah!

Good god she's amazing!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    mca47 wrote:
    Mmmmm.... Hannah!

Good god she's amazing!
    oh yeah..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    where the hell is this season going? i'm finally caught up. it seems like a mess. too many different story lines for a final season.

now deb is going to go after hannah and dex is going to run away with her? really?

only 4 episodes left? now they're gonna have to rush this to the end. this isn't how i envisioned this show going out. hopefully this last month blows me away though....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    where the hell is this season going? i'm finally caught up. it seems like a mess. too many different story lines for a final season.

now deb is going to go after hannah and dex is going to run away with her? really?

only 4 episodes left? now they're gonna have to rush this to the end. this isn't how i envisioned this show going out. hopefully this last month blows me away though....
    Yeah, it's all over the place. I was hoping some sort of direction was established by now.
    Dexter is going to have to kill the kid now. I just hope that isn't an entire episode dealing with that little shit.
    Deb is going to go after Hannah...but other than Dexter, nobody a) gives a shit about her b) knows who she is. :?

With 4 episodes left, I don't want to see any of the other characters story lines unless it is directly involved with the end game. F me....Mazuka and the daughter story line? :fp:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, it's all over the place. I was hoping some sort of direction was established by now.
    Dexter is going to have to kill the kid now. I just hope that isn't an entire episode dealing with that little shit.
    Deb is going to go after Hannah...but other than Dexter, nobody a) gives a shit about her b) knows who she is. :?

With 4 episodes left, I don't want to see any of the other characters story lines unless it is directly involved with the end game. F me....Mazuka and the daughter story line? :fp:

the thing about hannah is they just introduced her halfway through last season. she's not someone who has been entrenched in the show and dexter's mind for very long. if they are really intending for dex to run away with her or something, it would have been more believable had they put her in the show earlier.....
    or at least have dex mention her or think about her this season before last week's episode. show that he wasnt over her or something. but there was nothing before last week, right?

love this show and have looked forward to this last season for a while. but i missed the last 2 weeks and it didn't really bother me that much. i watched them yesterday to get caught up and i just don't have the same feeling that i'm watching great television like i used to in season's past with this show. i watched the first 2 season by catching up with dvd's in a short amount of time. i couldnt wait to get home to watch them. not really feeling the same way anymore....really really really hoping they somehow find a way to make these last few episodes amazing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Hannah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mca47 wrote:

the thing about hannah is they just introduced her halfway through last season. she's not someone who has been entrenched in the show and dexter's mind for very long. if they are really intending for dex to run away with her or something, it would have been more believable had they put her in the show earlier.....
    or at least have dex mention her or think about her this season before last week's episode. show that he wasnt over her or something. but there was nothing before last week, right?

love this show and have looked forward to this last season for a while. but i missed the last 2 weeks and it didn't really bother me that much. i watched them yesterday to get caught up and i just don't have the same feeling that i'm watching great television like i used to in season's past with this show. i watched the first 2 season by catching up with dvd's in a short amount of time. i couldnt wait to get home to watch them. not really feeling the same way anymore....really really really hoping they somehow find a way to make these last few episodes amazing

I didn't like the way they introduced Hannah this season and didn't feel like it made a whole lot of sense. They ended it in a cliffhanger by having her drug Dexter and Deb and appearing to Dexter, but then the writers didn't know what to do with it so they just had her change her mind and somehow drag Dexter to the car and leave him somewhere.

Her logic also didn't make sense to me. She said she couldn't kill her husband because it would be suspicious and the police might come around asking questions. Wouldn't the same thing happen if Dexter made him "disappear?" She's also a wanted criminal who escaped from prison and no one recognizes her?

I've been with the show since the beginning so I have kept watching, but I really feel like only the first 4 seasons were quality television. Since then, the quality and the writing just haven't been consistent. Many of the seasons really just followed a similar formula. I think the problems with this show stem from not having a single showrunner/creative force behind it. The show has had 4 showrunners and the head writer behind the first few seasons left after seasons 4. The lowest point for me was season 6. It took me months to get around to finishing it. I also only watched the season 7 finale just before season 8 started because I didn't find myself caring all that much, but I thought that season was a big improvement over the previous one.

I will be shocked if this season doesn't end with a whimper. It's a shame, because I think the first 2 seasons stand up as some of the best TV out there.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Good episode that finally got things rolling toward the end game.

Brain surgeon is back...Zach is dead.

Who tried framing Zach?

Looks like Deb is headed back to the Miami PD.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Who tried framing Zach?

The only people I can think of is Quinn or Jaime. Quinn to actually frame him to show he was right all along...though I'm not sure he's that kind of guy. Jaime perhaps to get closer to Quinn. The last episode really spent a LOT of time showing how distraught Jaime was with everything and when Dex, doctor lady and Zack were looking at the crime scene photos, it randomly showed Jaime in one of the pics. :think: Though how much did Jaime know about the previous murders in order to replicate it? Seems like one of Miami Metro would know that... :think:

Who else would be able to tail Zack in his crappy car? Quinn was probably the only one other than Dexter who know about the car that wasn't his Porsche. Bautista maybe...but that doesn't seem like him either.

It would have to be someone who knew that chick in order for her to let them in....and someone who was willing to risk killing someone next door to Dexter's apartment. Hmmm
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Who tried framing Zach?

The only people I can think of is Quinn or Jaime. Quinn to actually frame him to show he was right all along...though I'm not sure he's that kind of guy. Jaime perhaps to get closer to Quinn. The last episode really spent a LOT of time showing how distraught Jaime was with everything and when Dex, doctor lady and Zack were looking at the crime scene photos, it randomly showed Jaime in one of the pics. :think: Though how much did Jaime know about the previous murders in order to replicate it? Seems like one of Miami Metro would know that... :think:

Who else would be able to tail Zack in his crappy car? Quinn was probably the only one other than Dexter who know about the car that wasn't his Porsche. Bautista maybe...but that doesn't seem like him either.

It would have to be someone who knew that chick in order for her to let them in....and someone who was willing to risk killing someone next door to Dexter's apartment. Hmmm

how about her boyfriend oliver? maybe he is the brain surgeon.

quin is too dumb to think of such a plot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    My first thought was Quinn, but didn't it seem like Vogel kind of smiled when looking at the brain in the jar?

She creeps me out.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    I hate Vogel!!
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Good episode that finally got things rolling toward the end game.

Brain surgeon is back...Zach is dead.

Who tried framing Zach?

Looks like Deb is headed back to the Miami PD.

Deb - so predictable.

This show is ruining itself. Everyone agrees Vogel sucks and no one cares about mazukas daughter or Quinn and Jamie. We don't. Dexters final season should have been nail biting excitement as dexter and deb or dexter and Hannah flee the police in a great series finale.

Instead we get bates motel jr, a mommy like role for dexter and debs going back to good ole Miami metro...

Epic fail. I really like this show too..but this is flat out bad.

I know in the end it will all make sense but when 50 min of an episode is terrible and the final 3-5 min are exciting it is at our expense as the viewers.

Remove the final scene with zack from this weeks episode and you have any other generic USA network ncis csi etc type show.

Holding out faith the finale will be good. :oops:
  • Options
    smanchac1 wrote:
    I hate Vogel!!
    i agree
  • Options
    Did Vogel try to frame Zach so Dexter would kill him? After that didn't work she kills Zach herself? Again it played "Make Your Own Kinda Music" which Vogel listened to in one episode. When asked at dinner why she got in the field she blew off the question, plus she said something about hobbies are the best when they are different from your profession. Killing people as a hobby is pretty far from being a doctor.

I dont think Quinn setup Zach, i don't see him killing a person just to capture a kid.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Dont forget the conversation between Vogel and Dexter at the dinner table...when she made him realize that his new ability to love(for Hannah..for Deb?) now may be stronger than his desire to kill.

I think this will play a big part in how this series ends.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    This season has been a major disappointment. Hardly any kills...jumbled story-lines. It's really frustrating.

Those early seasons had me on the edge of my seat...now, like many of you have posted, I don't really care. I couldn't wait to watch an episode...now...I may get around to watching on Monday or Tuesday after the Sunday premiere.

Vogel is too predictable...if the show Dexter is one thing...it's unpredictable...didn't see Rita's death or Laguerta's death coming. I'm hoping they throw a curve towards the end...it's just sad that this is the last season and they are going out this way.

The show deserves a better ending.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    This season has been a major disappointment. Hardly any kills...jumbled story-lines. It's really frustrating.

Those early seasons had me on the edge of my seat...now, like many of you have posted, I don't really care. I couldn't wait to watch an episode...now...I may get around to watching on Monday or Tuesday after the Sunday premiere.

Vogel is too predictable...if the show Dexter is one thing...it's unpredictable...didn't see Rita's death or Laguerta's death coming. I'm hoping they throw a curve towards the end...it's just sad that this is the last season and they are going out this way.

The show deserves a better ending.

PBM

I didn't see their deaths coming either, well Maria I had a feeling about, but they do highlight one problem I've had with the show over the last few years. Those endings were surprising and good, but they were at the end of the episodes. Just like this season has had end of episode shockers, but the episodes themselves aren't unpredictable or at the same quality level. Shocking when Hannah came back, but then the following episode basically reset the cliffhanger and had no logic. Also, I feel like the show quickly got back to the "status quo" relatively soon after the events listed above. I also think the show fell into the trap of having to have a new "big bad" every season...where you know the season will end with Dexter killing that person and the new season would resume with a new murderer..rinse and repeat.

Would have been interesting if someone had suspected Dexter's involvement in Maria's death due to her suspicions of him...or if the video of Deb pumping gas had come into play at some point. Her death did cause Deb's breakdown early in the season, but that seemes to have already been pretty much fixed and now Dexter and Deb are almost back to normal.

I do wonder if the show will end with Dexter and Hannah going off into the sunset, and perhaps realizing he doesn't need his dark passenger while he's with her. Not a bad ending, if so, but I don't think this has been the last season a lot of people had it mind which wouldn't be a bad thing if the writing was stronger. I just don't think anything that interesting has really happened that season. The only positive thing people have been saying the last few weeks is that Hannah is attractive. :lol::lol: Hopefully the last few episodes really come together and don't just have a disappointing or just a shock value ending.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I don't mind the "big bads" each season...but there has to be some sort of payoff. I think season 1 and 4 had the best payoffs.

Still...I'm interested in how they pull all of this together.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

Would have been interesting if someone had suspected Dexter's involvement in Maria's death due to her suspicions of him...or if the video of Deb pumping gas had come into play at some point. Her death did cause Deb's breakdown early in the season, but that seemes to have already been pretty much fixed and now Dexter and Deb are almost back to normal. .

this
    this
    this
    this
    this. a thousand times this.

the last season of this, once amazing show, should have been solely focused on dexter and everyone finally realizing that there is clearly something to all of these strange coincidences that have surrounded him for the last better part of a decade. i hate how they always take the easy way out and i can't stand how they appear to be doing it, yet again, in the final season.

someone mentioned it before, but the show hasn't really been the same since the original writers and show runner left. i think they left after the trinity season. last year was better, but this might even be worse than the luman and tom hanks' kid seasons. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Better Dan wrote:
    i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif
    :lol:
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Yarden wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif
    :lol:

Dexter couldn't have stood out anymore... Saxson didn't need that arrow! :lol:

Pretty lucky that Dexter parked right next to Saxson too. We've often had to suspend disbelief in this series, but it is just ridiculous this year, I mean Hannah staying with Deb, really? Maybe Hannah should dye and cut her hair, wtf? Very disappointed. I agree with others, why are there so many side stories this year? Focus on Dexter - let's have some more killing - go out with a bang! The last few episodes better pick it up or this might end up being more disappointing than Lost. :fp:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    limping to the finish line. this is sad.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dexter is getting weak, they might as well run As The World Turns before it. Ok Hannah is hot but the whole, "Awww Hannah lets live happily ever-after" crap was lame. Then with Vogel "But I thought you saw me as a son too. Now I'm gonna pout and beat up my brother so I get your attention."

Next week on Dexter he sits in his room, listens to the Cure and cries
  • Options
    Vamos Argentina!!!!
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    mca47 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    i5RYOCS7SyIRn.gif
    :lol::lol::lol:

Yep, that was pretty fucking ridiculous.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834

Pains me to say this, but I totally agree. The Hannah story was pretty dull last season, dragging it out over two is completely tedious. The Vogel storyline isn't much better.........I'm just hoping they throw a massive twist in at the end to make this season even remotely memorable.
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty much. Every episode I kept thinking "Ok, something crazy is gonna happen..."
    They should have ended it last year.