Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Hannah is gonna kill Deb....

Eeeek! Oh well, I guess there's no point getting precious about any of the characters now given that this is the last season.
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    Hannah is gonna kill Deb....

Eeeek! Oh well, I guess there's no point getting precious about any of the characters now given that this is the last season.

They have talked spin-off so who knows... maybe Harrison will be the next Dexter, based 10 years after the end of this season haha.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Any guesses on how close Dexter is to ending as a series? Because I lost a bunch of it when my PVR broke a really long time ago, so never caught up, so had to stop watching. I've been waiting for the series to end ever since so I can start from the beginning again with the DVD box set, but the show just keeps going and going without any reruns, and I haven't watched anything after maybe season 4. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Any guesses on how close Dexter is to ending as a series? Because I lost a bunch of it when my PVR broke a really long time ago, so never caught up, so had to stop watching. I've been waiting for the series to end ever since so I can start from the beginning again with the DVD box set, but the show just keeps going and going without any reruns, and I haven't watched anything after maybe season 4. :fp:

This is the last season.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Decent start. LOL @ Deb doing lines of coke.

The season previews suggest this Vogel woman begins to use Dexter to get back at an ex-student of hers that she wants to kill.

No doubt this series ends with a Deb vs Dexter face off.

Someone please tell Quinn to stop losing weight. He looks awful.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    PJ_Soul wrote:

This is the last season.
    Sweet, thanks. It's a great show - can't wait to watch it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Still think Vogel is the serial killer...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    downloading now!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312

hmmm....how would an almost elderly woman be able to pull all of this off?

i love the fact that they didn't waste anytime on that storyline and now we know about her relationship with harry and dex. thought last night was a solid episode. season's heating up.

and deb's acting seems to have gotten better. she's not nearly as annoying as she used to be.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544

Agreed, even more so after last night's episode. She's either doing it herself or pulling the strings behind the killings.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

i love the fact that they didn't waste anytime on that storyline and now we know about her relationship with harry and dex. thought last night was a solid episode. season's heating up.

and deb's acting seems to have gotten better. she's not nearly as annoying as she used to be.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about Vogel being the killer.

That was great that they didn't fuck around with the storyline. Kinda like last season where Deb figured out the truth about Dexter right away.
  • Options

Yeah, I'm not so sure about Vogel being the killer.

That was great that they didn't fuck around with the storyline. Kinda like last season where Deb figured out the truth about Dexter right away.

I think she is manipulating her patients, even if by gun point.
  • Options
    Vogels motivations are very suspect.

I figured it was Deb who shot El Sapo.

Better episode.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Better episode.
    Well, if it was, shed have to use another gun.

I could see it though. Deb is gonna go nuts and I think Dex is gonna end up getting busted because of her. He'll protect her to the end...
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Vogel is Dexters mom. It was never his mom in the trailer that he saw butchered as a kid. Harry set that all up. His real mom escaped & started getting revenge on everyone who tried to kill her, starting with Harry.

:lol::lol::lol:;)
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Vogel is Dexters mom. It was never his mom in the trailer that he saw butchered as a kid. Harry set that all up. His real mom escaped & started getting revenge on everyone who tried to kill her, starting with Harry.

You know, I was thinking that myself, especially the way she was holding/comforting Dexter in a "motherly way".
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    pjradio wrote:

I thought about that too.
    :?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Better episode.
    Well, if it was, shed have to use another gun.

I could see it though. Deb is gonna go nuts and I think Dex is gonna end up getting busted because of her. He'll protect her to the end...

how did she get out of the storage unit? that guy locked her in.

anyone see ray donovan yet? thoughts? not sure what to think of it yet.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Deb did say that she doesnt remember doing it after the fight with El Sapo.

Maybe Vogel did it and planted a blood sample of hers on the car window? Just a wild thought.
  • Options
    Deb did say that she doesnt remember doing it after the fight with El Sapo.

Maybe Vogel did it and planted a blood sample of hers on the car window? Just a wild thought.

Hannah! your theory made me think Hannah....
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Pretty strong start to the season. Can't wait for the next one.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

My theory is that Vogel is getting her "patients/psychopaths" to kill each other off to cover up her unorthodox methods - saving Dexter for last. What do you think?

Love this show.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Deb's new boss keeps giving her stuff to drink.. could he be drugging her or making her lose her memory?
    good episode.
  • Options
    jlaustin wrote:

My theory is that Vogel is getting her "patients/psychopaths" to kill each other off to cover up her unorthodox methods - saving Dexter for last. What do you think?

Love this show.

There is something about Vogel if 3 of her patients are serial killers so far. Dexter, the brain surgeon, and the cannibal fitness instructor. And maybe even Lyle that would make 4. Dexter has to at least be getting suspicious of her track record.

Maybe her unorthodox method was creating a serial killer that would keep the streets safe, but she failed with all of them, except Dexter and they went rogue. Then again even Dexter hasn't been playing the part perfectly.
  • Options
    of course deb dives back in and saves dex within a matter of seconds. :fp:

other than that, this final season is progressing nicely.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Vogel told Deb that she would always choose Dexter in the end.
  • Options

true.

and they have 8 more episodes. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

true.

and they have 8 more episodes. :lol:
    Each epi, Debs going to attempt to kill him in a new way only to fail and then save him at the end.

I think I have an idea of how this show will be ending come last episode.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    This season is ok. Still you can't beat those first few seasons...especially Trinity. Hoping they amp things up a little bit. They are really slow-playing this season too...not a lot of kills this time around.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Vogel piss me off
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”