Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

how do the books end?

I never read them so I don't know.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    From wiki: "Subsequent seasons have evolved independently of Jeff Lindsay's works."

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I do wonder how they will wrap this all up in the last season. If Dexter goes down id imagine Deb will too, and that seems kinda lame to just throw him and her in jail, and i dont see him just giving it up and living happily ever after. The show has been pretty good at delivering, should be interesting.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    From wiki: "Subsequent seasons have evolved independently of Jeff Lindsay's works."

PBM

ahh...well there you have it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Season 8 returns 29th June!!! Awesome, 3 months before normal :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Season 8 returns 29th June!!! Awesome, 3 months before normal :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,375
    boyo79 wrote:
    nice!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    happy that we have less of a wait....but it kinda seems like showtime is treating it as an afterthough by putting it on in the summer. fall is when all the networks and premium channels put out their best programming.

just feels like an odd way for such a great show to go out.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    happy that we have less of a wait....but it kinda seems like showtime is treating it as an afterthough by putting it on in the summer. fall is when all the networks and premium channels put out their best programming.

I dunno, apparently they're keeping tight-lipped on whether this will in fact be the last season. Maybe they'll round it out to an even ten?
  • Options

I just checked and the new series they are hyping is Ray Donovan and that premiers with Dexter and the other new series they have is Masters is Sex and that premieres in September.

IM sure they are doing this figuring dexter couLd lead into one series and Homeland the other.
  • Options

I dunno, apparently they're keeping tight-lipped on whether this will in fact be the last season. Maybe they'll round it out to an even ten?

ahh.....maybe pull a sopranos. 8 episodes this summer. then the final 6 or so in a year from now. THAT would be cool.

it definitely needs to wrap up though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I'm still making my way through Season 7 and it's actually been pretty good so far. I thought last season was awful, and season 5 not much better. I've read a little bit about the 6 books. I think Aster and Cody end up having a "Dark Passenger" as well and end up killing people with Dexter teaching them how to control their urges. This is one of many differences..the TV show is basically completely different after the first season.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    DS1119 wrote:

I just checked and the new series they are hyping is Ray Donovan and that premiers with Dexter and the other new series they have is Masters is Sex and that premieres in September.

IM sure they are doing this figuring dexter couLd lead into one series and Homeland the other.

This is probably a way for them to make more money. I only subscribed to Showtime for 3 months last year to watch Dexter and Homeland. Now I'll have to subscribe for 6 months if I want to watch it this year... legally ;)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    Hopefully this will be the last season. Don't want them to stretch it out any longer than they already have.
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    My boyfriend had never watched the show before, and so when he moved in with me last year he got roped into watching season 7 with me. He really enjoyed it- even not knowing much of the backstory.
    Since he had not seen the earlier episodes, we started over at Season 1 and watched it all the way through- including repeating season 7. It was cool to rewatch it all and there were things I had forgotten about. Seeing the progression of Dexters character was cool...he was much more socially awkward in the beginning. It became so much clearer to me just how much he had deviated from the "code" he started with! He really got much more loose with who qualified for his table as time went on. The first season (or 2) of the show also was different in a lot of ways that made me think they did some market research or something :lol: Masuka was a lot more disgusting, they played a LOT of latin music and spoke in Spanish a lot. Just the way the episodes were shot looked different somehow.

I still hate Deb. HATE HER. She's so self obsessed- she makes everything about her. She can't even swear properly -and that really gets to me. I keep hoping that Dexter kills her. I rooted for Brian Moser and that crazy dude with the bull horns in the maze to slaughter her ass. I crossed my fingers that the car wreck with Hannah drugged her would end up killing her. I rooted for all of them the second time around watching the series too :lol:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Deb is awesome!! and her swearing is so great.
  • Options

You're joking, right?

"Christ on a cracker"
    "Fuck balls!"
    "Mary mother of fuck!"
    "Holy frankenfuck!"
    "Fuck me in both ears!"

She's the most annoying character with her big ass head and super dramatic faces she makes!! I Can not stand her!
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options

You're joking, right?

"Christ on a cracker"
    "Fuck balls!"
    "Mary mother of fuck!"
    "Holy frankenfuck!"
    "Fuck me in both ears!"

She's the most annoying character with her big ass head and super dramatic faces she makes!! I Can not stand her!

You forgot "Shit a brick and fuck me with it" (my favorite one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIeArko5sZw thats pretty classic too.
  • Options

You're joking, right?

"Christ on a cracker"
    "Fuck balls!"
    "Mary mother of fuck!"
    "Holy frankenfuck!"
    "Fuck me in both ears!"

You forgot "Shit a brick and fuck me with it" (my favorite one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIeArko5sZw thats pretty classic too.

:lol: to each their own!
    Ill still be crossing my fingers for her demise!
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

hmmmmm. we'll see how that works out.

showtime still has not said this will be the final season. :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I was thinking that yesterday too when I read that article about Hannah coming back. This really needs to be the final season. I know it is Showtime's highest-rated show, but it has already went on a season or 2 too far.
  • Options

http://www.justjared.com/2013/03/04/mic ... -its-last/

Michael Hall has now.
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    It used to be the Family Night Show,Believe it or not.
    I have not watched the last two seasons because
    I just couldn't get over the fact that Dexter's Sister
    thought she was falling in love with him.I thought at that moment
    that they were taking it a bit too far.So I quit. I hear they moved past that,
    but it still stick's in my mind.
  • Options
    Official via FB:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

To thank you for your love and support over the last seven years, we wanted our Facebook fans to be the first to know that the upcoming season will be the final season of Dexter.
  • Options
    Official via FB:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

To thank you for your love and support over the last seven years, we wanted our Facebook fans to be the first to know that the upcoming season will be the final season of Dexter.

saw that today. sad, but expected. can't wait.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    june 30th can't get here soon enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSGTnZ1cn4U
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    june 30th can't get here soon enough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSGTnZ1cn4U

So happy this is coming back sooner than normal. Can't wait for this last season.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I just finished season 7. Started out kind slow but got interesting I thought. Next season is gonna be a doozy. It's gotta wrap up in 8 - it's getting too hairy.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Shit. Is season 8 really starting this Month?