Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just got caught up on last weeks episode now.
    Great episode!

How the hell is Dexter going to get Hannah not to rat him out while she's in prison?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,364
    Great episode!

How the hell is Dexter going to get Hannah not to rat him out while she's in prison?

it was deb! she poisoned herself!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Great episode!

it was deb! she poisoned herself!
    Definitely a possibility.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,359
    found the 1st torrent...hope gets download fast..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Very good episode. Where this goes from here is anyone's guess. It will be interesting to see how Dexter and Deb get out of how Deb's gun killed Laguerta. My guess is they chop up the body and it goes from there.
  • Options
    great finale...!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    great finale...!

i agree. i thought it was well done. solid season for the most part.

only one more to go...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I thought it was a good half a episode then the second half sort of lost my attention
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Good stuff. I knew Deb was going to end up taking Laguerta out.

Does Hannah make an appearance next season or was her placing the plant on Dexters doorstep the end of her storyline?
  • Options

Does Hannah make an appearance next season or was her placing the plant on Dexters doorstep the end of her storyline?
    seems will see her again..what the point of put the plant there??is a message for dex
  • Options

seems will see her again..what the point of put the plant there??is a message for dex
    Must be. Idk what kind of plant it was.

As for the ending scene, does Dexter holding Debs hand while leading her thru the party/fireworks symbolize Dexter guiding her towards a life of killing?
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    1. I would sworn that all those scenes of Deb throwing back Xanex were an indicator that she caused her own blackout and not Hannah. Hannah's admission of guilt really threw me this week. I thought Deb did it by mistake and Hannah, ironically, was going to take the fall for that one.

2. So Deb has blood all over her at the shipping yard, yet goes to the party with no visable signs?

3. other than Rita years ago, this ending really caught me off guard. I thought when Dexter picked up up the knife and threw it down on the ground, Maria would pick it up and try to kill him...thus forcing Deb to shoot her. Killing her in cold blood...never expected that...don't know where they take it from here.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    i read jennifer carpenter improvised the whole running and hugging laguerta after shooting her. the scene was filmed after they filmed the final scene. since the improvisation was so good they just left it in at the expense of the blood on her dress plot hole. i'm actually okay with that. i thought was carpenter's best acting job so far...which is not saying much at all :lol:

i look at hannah leaving the flower for dex as a going away present. she's an escaped prisoner. she can't just hang around anymore
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    i thought was carpenter's best acting job so far...which is not saying much at all :lol:

What?! I think she's a brilliant actress, this scene gets me every time, hair-raising stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Rgg4DGEOI
  • Options
    i thought was carpenter's best acting job so far...which is not saying much at all :lol:

What?! I think she's a brilliant actress, this scene gets me every time, hair-raising stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Rgg4DGEOI

I preferred her performance in the dramatic dance off scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkj2HhFxPUU
  • Options
  • Options
    i look at hannah leaving the flower for dex as a going away present. she's an escaped prisoner. she can't just hang around anymore

They would have killed her off or left her in jail unless they wanted the character to come back. I'm not saying she'll be a major player next season, but she's bound to turn back up.

I was really disappointed in the "I had to kill Deb to keep us together" admission.

Thanks for the heads up about the Maria death scene...that's interesting.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

They would have killed her off or left her in jail unless they wanted the character to come back. I'm not saying she'll be a major player next season, but she's bound to turn back up.

I was really disappointed in the "I had to kill Deb to keep us together" admission.

Thanks for the heads up about the Maria death scene...that's interesting.

PBM

yeah i thought deb poisoned herself too.

lumen's still alive and we haven't heard from her in 3 years
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

creepy_santa_elf_doll_killer.jpg
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I can't wait for next season!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    I can't wait for next season!!!
    i hope hannah is in :mrgreen:
  • Options

lumen's still alive and we haven't heard from her in 3 years

Yeah, but her storyline wrapped up well. She exacted her revenge and felt the need to get back to her normal life. Hannah's story still kinda lingers.

Dexter is notorious for letting storylines just kinda fall...(Nadia, Maria/Angel's marriage, Angel and that female cop).

PBM

• Options
    I just found this picture. What the hell is this?

111457-dexter-dexter-dexter.png
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    DS1119 wrote:

Pretty sure its from a dream sequence from season 1...Dex dreams he is on the table and a super hoebagged up looking deb is the one cutting him.
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Have they ever talked about Dexter's adoptive mother (i.e. Harry's wife)? We know about Harry and Deb, but she is barely mentioned.

Wondering if they touch on this at all in the final season.

PBM

• Options
    Have they ever talked about Dexter's adoptive mother (i.e. Harry's wife)? We know about Harry and Deb, but she is barely mentioned.

PBM

i think she died when he was rather young. cancer maybe?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

PBM

i think she died when he was rather young. cancer maybe?

I know it was mentioned that she died, but anything else about her is kept at bay. Surprised the show hasn't examined that more.

PBM

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Pretty sure its from a dream sequence from season 1...Dex dreams he is on the table and a super hoebagged up looking deb is the one cutting him.

I don't remember that at all. But if Dexter was dreaming it was Deb killing him could it be some sort of brilliant foreshadowing of how the series will end?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't remember that at all. But if Dexter was dreaming it was Deb killing him could it be some sort of brilliant foreshadowing of how the series will end?

how do the books end?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    how do the books end?

I thought just the first season drew from the book...are subsequent seasons inspired from the books?

PBM