Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154

Didn't see the homosexual angle at all. Guess it makes sense though. That last bar scene was really good. It's amazing how civil those two are even though they're trying to kill one another.

PBM
    I noticed that as soon as Circo(sp?) began crying after he was talking about Victor several episodes back.

I don't mean to reinforce stereotypes, but given his violent tendencies, I had no clue. I just figured they were really close in mafia together...kinda like a Sopranos-type brotherhood.

This definitely adds an interesting element to the whole storyline.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I still wanted to see Dexter do his sister.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Given their off-screen romance and marriage, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Given their off-screen romance and marriage, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

PBM

I think theyre divorced now if I'm not mistaken.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

PBM

I think theyre divorced now if I'm not mistaken.

What an incredibly awkward workplace. You're married, then divorced...plus, you still work together and you play brother and sister.

I don't know how they make that work.

PBM

• Options

What an incredibly awkward workplace. You're married, then divorced...plus, you still work together and you play brother and sister.

PBM

When you phrase it like that... :lol:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And then you have your ex-wife's character fall in love with you on screen.... yeah, thats definitely gotta be an awkward set.

But maybe they're able to handle it and still have a good relationship despite the past.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    And then you have your ex-wife's character fall in love with you on screen.... yeah, thats definitely gotta be an awkward set.

But maybe they're able to handle it and still have a good relationship despite the past.

I follow Jennifer Carpenter on Twitter. She has posted some pictures of herself with Michael C Hall. It seems like they had an amicable split. Or, at the very least, they are very good at being very professional.

PBM

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    Good episode, just watched.

I could see the Deb pouring her heart out to Dexter coming, but damn, that was still awkward as hell!

finally saw this week's episode...

i kinda forgot about the "deb realizing she's in love with dexter" storyline from last year, probably because i thought it was so stupid. now though, it makes her coming to terms with who dex is so quickly make more sense.

hannah is not only hot as fuck but her character is really interesting. way more so than dex's previous girlfriends. really think she adds to the show this year.

yeah, that was a twist with victor...cool scene at the bar.

laguerta is going to figure out dex is the bay harbor butcher in the season finale...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758

I could see the Deb pouring her heart out to Dexter coming, but damn, that was still awkward as hell!

i kinda forgot about the "deb realizing she's in love with dexter" storyline from last year, probably because i thought it was so stupid. now though, it makes her coming to terms with who dex is so quickly make more sense.

hannah is not only hot as fuck but her character is really interesting. way more so than dex's previous girlfriends. really think she adds to the show this year.

laguerta is going to figure out dex is the bay harbor butcher in the season finale...

This is now the 2nd serial killer that Deb has fallen in love with. The most fucked up part is that the 2 of them are brothers!!

I could definitely see that happening with Laguerta. She's going to keep going with this thing until she finds out the truth. Can't see Dexter killing her though...she doesn't fit into his "code".
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258

This is now the 2nd serial killer that Deb has fallen in love with. The most fucked up part is that the 2 of them are brothers!!

I could definitely see that happening with Laguerta. She's going to keep going with this thing until she finds out the truth. Can't see Dexter killing her though...she doesn't fit into his "code".

But isn't part of the code to do whats necessary to never get caught?

I'm thinking Laguerta will find out and Deb will be the one that kills her. Protect Dex and she's always hated her. Hmmmm....
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

But isn't part of the code to do whats necessary to never get caught?

I'm thinking Laguerta will find out and Deb will be the one that kills her. Protect Dex and she's always hated her. Hmmmm....

I think that's part of the code. But killing innocent people isn't part of the code, right? He only kills people that deserve it.

I could totally see that happening with Deb taking out Laguerta.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    lets see how it goes.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    DS1119 wrote:

PBM

When you phrase it like that... :lol:
    C'mon, it's Hollywood. It's not so weird, to them.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
  • Options

I'm surprised they haven't had Deb talk about how both brothers turned out to be serial killers.

She told Dexter about Brian, but I don't think they've actually addressed how Dexter and Brian came to be...with their mother being murdered. Have they?

I read somewhere that only 2 seasons have ended in a cliff hanger. Last season and the Trinity Season with Rita being murdered. It will be interesting to see where they take this.

One thing I dislike about this show is how they just drop certain storylines....like Angel and that cop in season 2 and Angel and Laguerta being married. It's like they just get tired of telling the story and don't that far in advance and just can it.

PBM

• Options
    Damn, Dexter with a daytime kill out in public.

Plus Circo and the assassins got taken out.

Laguerta is officially on Dexters heels.
  • Options

im very intresting how this with Laguerta will end up...
    maybe someone will die...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

3 more episodes to go.

Someone (prob more than 1) are definitely going to die.
  • Options

3 more episodes to go.

Someone (prob more than 1) are definitely going to die.
    im talking about Laguerta or the ex-chief...hmmm..lets see!

btw,did renew for next season?
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Yes, next season is confirmed to be the last.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Yes, next season is confirmed to be the last.
    oh..cool!thanks
  • Options
    I must say, and I hate to say it, this series has run it's course. Watching it now has become more of a job than enjoyment.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I must say, and I hate to say it, this series has run it's course. Watching it now has become more of a job than enjoyment.

I felt that way last season and a little bit in season 5 with the whole Lumen storyline. But, I have really enjoyed this season. I'm guessing it will end with a big cliffhanger with Laguerta putting it all together that Dexter was the bay harbor butcher.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I felt that way last season and a little bit in season 5 with the whole Lumen storyline. But, I have really enjoyed this season. I'm guessing it will end with a big cliffhanger with Laguerta putting it all together that Dexter was the bay harbor butcher.

I think the lack of the ritualized killing is what's bumming me out.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    For the most part I think this has been one of the better seasons.
    That said, I did not like Sunday's episode at all. Way too forced, way to obvious...and c'mon...the Ukrainian guy trying to hire Dexter to kill the hit men? :roll:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    It has, this season should probably have been the last. Hopefully the writers can really rev it up a couple gears for next seasons finale.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,359
    mca47 wrote:
    That said, I did not like Sunday's episode at all. Way too forced, way to obvious...and c'mon...the Ukrainian guy trying to hire Dexter to kill the hit men? :roll:

agreed. this season has been great...up until this week's episode. finally saw it last night. felt like an episode from one of the past 2 seasons.

definitely felt forced. day time kills, out in the open? these 2 assasins were so easy to dispose of? now there is an arsonist serial killer introduced so late in the season?

3 episodes left. please get back on track.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    mca47 wrote:

agreed. this season has been great...up until this week's episode. finally saw it last night. felt like an episode from one of the past 2 seasons.

definitely felt forced. day time kills, out in the open? these 2 assasins were so easy to dispose of? now there is an arsonist serial killer introduced so late in the season?

I think the problem with shows like this is that once they agreed that next season will be the last one they start of thinking of ways to set it up for the end and so it becomes like one long season split in half. I think they've become sloppy with the writing for this season, too many different things going on and it just isn't as good as it used to be. Then again Dexter has never been on the level of Breaking Bad or The Wire for me, it's good but not that good. I've pretty much already written the rest of this season off because nothing else big will happen, they will save that for the last season.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I think the problem with shows like this is that once they agreed that next season will be the last one they start of thinking of ways to set it up for the end and so it becomes like one long season split in half. I think they've become sloppy with the writing for this season, too many different things going on and it just isn't as good as it used to be. Then again Dexter has never been on the level of Breaking Bad or The Wire for me, it's good but not that good. I've pretty much already written the rest of this season off because nothing else big will happen, they will save that for the last season.

I agree with this. I'm just wondering if the arsonist is going to go into next year? Unless in the fashion of last weeks episode he teams up with the arsonist to take out Laguerta. :crazy:
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    DS1119 wrote:

I agree with this. I'm just wondering if the arsonist is going to go into next year? Unless in the fashion of last weeks episode he teams up with the arsonist to take out Laguerta. :crazy:

I know, where did this arsonist story line come from all of a sudden? Maybe they needed a case that Debra actually solves so she can keep her job :lol: Miami metro never solves a damn thing!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis