Options

Dexter Season 8

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    you think trinity was better than the first season?

this season has been great. i just love the new dynamic with deb knowing and all these different ways things can come crashing down on dex. it's more intense than the last couple seasons...seems more fresh

Yeah, definitely think Trinity was the best season....John Lithgow was so good. Not saying season 1 was bad my any means.

The new dynamic w/ Deb finding out the truth is great this season. Finally, Dexter is starting to face consequences for all of his actions. The thing with these Turkish dudes is great too.

something i don't understand from this week's episode:
    deb originally wanted to arrest isaac and dexter said that's a bad idea because he could talk about dex killing victor..............then later, he leads him to that columbia bar and he eventually gets arrested for killing those dudes. i realize dex wanted him to be killed there, but why run the risk of that not happening and isaac getting arrested regardless? then at the end, isaac is arrested and doesn't say anything and they don't hint at anything in the previews. am i missing something?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

something i don't understand from this week's episode:
    deb originally wanted to arrest isaac and dexter said that's a bad idea because he could talk about dex killing victor..............then later, he leads him to that columbia bar and he eventually gets arrested for killing those dudes. i realize dex wanted him to be killed there, but why run the risk of that not happening and isaac getting arrested regardless? then at the end, isaac is arrested and doesn't say anything and they don't hint at anything in the previews. am i missing something?

Dexter didn't kill Isaac himself because he didn't want to deal with the Turkish mob or brotherhood or whatever they call it because they surely would have gone after Dexter had he killed Isaac. It was a little odd that Isaac didn't say anything to the police about Dexter like he had previously threatened. But after that speech he gave Dexter about never forgetting, it is they type of revenge that Isaac will want to take care of himself. I'm sure this is something that will be dealt with before the series concludes.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Another week...no kills. :fp:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm sorry, but I wouldnt have killed Hannah either. Smoking hot.

Gotta bang her a couple of times before you plunge that knife in.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

Yeah, she's amazing!! Even though there is a chance shed kill me, I'd take my chance! :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, she's amazing!! Even though there is a chance shed kill me, I'd take my chance! :lol:
    the only reason i watched chuck was that blondie :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Someone's gotta die soon or I'm talking someone out.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    So the rabbit wasn't enough?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    So the rabbit wasn't enough?

My hunger is for human blood.
  • Options
    Man that last scene was fucked up. But like you guys have said, I'm glad Hannah is still around. She is so f'n hot.
  • Options
    awesome episode!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Where's the murder man? :fp:
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    They are definitely slow-playing this season...compared to previous seasons. Things will have to pick up as the last 5-6 episodes are coming up.

Let me reiterate that they dropped the ball with the "Louis" storyline.

Side Note: Barely recognized Julie Warner as the sister of Hannah's dead husband last night.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    They are definitely slow-playing this season...compared to previous seasons. Things will have to pick up as the last 5-6 episodes are coming up.

PBM

Slow playing??? I feel like in previous seasons, they would have dragged out Deb finding the truth about Dexter the whole season. Feels like this season is moving at a nice pace. I have really been enjoying it.
  • Options

Slow playing??? I feel like in previous seasons, they would have dragged out Deb finding the truth about Dexter the whole season. Feels like this season is moving at a nice pace. I have really been enjoying it.

The whole mob plotline varies from week to week and this Hannah thing is being revealed piece by piece. Plus, there are a lot less kills than previous seasons. Those are my reasons for the slow-playing comment.

I like the near-misses...there haven't been many of those this season.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

The whole mob plotline varies from week to week and this Hannah thing is being revealed piece by piece. Plus, there are a lot less kills than previous seasons. Those are my reasons for the slow-playing comment.

I like the near-misses...there haven't been many of those this season.

PBM

yeah pbm, i think you are way off base. despite fewer killings, i think this is about as good as the show has been in years.

hannah is gorgeous. i'm glad he kept her around. and she doesn't annoy me nearly as much as dex's previous lady friends.

i think they are weaving so many different story lines around really well. so many ways dexter's life could come crashing down:

deb
    laguerta
    quinn (who is now suspicious again)
    hannah
    the russians

knowing that there's only one season left, i kinda think this will not all get sorted out in the next few episodes. and it's not going to end well for dex. it can't. right? :lol:

i do agree with you on louis though. maybe the writers realized it was a stupid story line and wanted an easy way out. :lol: or maybe his sudden disappearance will come into play down the road. he was mentioned in this week's episode....

also--quinn's such an idiot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    what list was laguerta reading when she saw deb and dexter's name?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think it was a list of boat registrations within the police department?
    I saw Dexters name checked off of course.
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

You are correct about the boat registration list.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

ahhhhh....i missed that.

this show's so good. it makes you want to root for laguerta to figure this out, while at the same time obviously hope dex doesn't get caught. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Great spin this week with Deb putting Dexter in the shit sandwich. She finally wants him to go kill somebody and he's lying in bed next to that person after having boned her.

The drama.
  • Options
    Great spin this week with Deb putting Dexter in the shit sandwich. She finally wants him to go kill somebody and he's lying in bed next to that person after having boned her.

The drama.

I wondered how long it would take her to give him the go-ahead on a victim...
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

The drama.

how do you answer the phone in that situation?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The drama.

You don't answer the phone in that situation, unless you're on tv
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options

You don't answer the phone in that situation, unless you're on tv

but dexter doesn't know he's on tv....does he????
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

but dexter doesn't know he's on tv....does he????
    hehe..
  • Options
    For the record, this is the first season I've watched in real-time. I watched all other 6 seasons over a 5 week period. Perhaps, this is why I think it's moving slower.

However, that being said, I don't think it's the best the show has offered. As I mentioned before, season 1 and Trinity season were the highlights for me.

It's still the best show on tv though.

PBM

• Options
    For the record, this is the first season I've watched in real-time. I watched all other 6 seasons over a 5 week period. Perhaps, this is why I think it's moving slower.

However, that being said, I don't think it's the best the show has offered. As I mentioned before, season 1 and Trinity season were the highlights for me.

It's still the best show on tv though.

PBM

1 and 4 (trinity) were it's best. this is right behind them in my opinion...meaning it's a really fucking good :mrgreen:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, this has been one of the better seasons. Especially for a while!
  • Options
    Dexter, while good this year, has slipped in my overall tv programs that I watch. Right now I'd say:

Game of Thrones
    Walking Dead
    Boardwalk Empire
    American Horror Story
    Dexter
    True Blood