• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    MayDay10 said:

Wow that's cool
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    yeah. Im definitely going to make a trip or 2 around the Sabres' annual trip there.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    MayDay10 said:

Can't even begin on that one. The article even had various grammatical errors.

It is virtually impossible for a franchise player to get sniped as an rfa. They also can't front load contracts anymore as this guy suggests.

Ya, there is so much wrong with that article....it was bad enough to prompt a response from an Edmonton writer:
    http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2015/07/20/could-the-toronto-maple-leafs-really-snatch-connor-mcdavid-away-from-the-edmonton-oilers/

I agree with you guys that Babcock cannot turn the Leafs around with what he has to work with.

oh, and.....http://thehockeywriters.com/toronto-can-put-connor-mcdavid-in-a-leaf-uniform-in-3-years/

SOOOOO loving the butt-hurt of Laf fans. It's hilarious. Trolling all the Oiler fan sites and fb pages.....This article ^^^^ might be the dumbest thing I've read since browsing AMT yesterday.
    Lots of talk that Chiarelli is still going after a Dman. Most speculation focused on Seabrook and Franson.

You think that's funny, the laughs fans and media still think JT wants to come "home".

As far as expansion, I'm all for quebec city getting a team, they deserve one after what happened many years ago with the Canadian dollar tanking and all. Vegas worries me just for the simple fact it's gonna be like Phoenix in 10 years. If you build an arena in the actually city of Vegas and not the burbs it can prosper. The messed up part bout Quebec City franchise is they will probably play in the west to finally balance out the unevenness of the conferences. Oh and hopefully within the next ten years Seattle can build a new arena and get the Coyotes.
    Toronto media thinks anyone who has ever set foot in the Big Smoke wants to play for the Leafs. Which if funny considering they've generally sucked for 50+ years. They are the one team I feel comfortable trash talking as an oiler fan. (btw - you were right about Reinhart and my 'toughness' comment....that was the wrong word to use. He does play a great body position game, but doesn't have much of a mean streak).
    As for expansion - the dollar sucks again right now. Do any of you know if there is a system in place to compensate Canadian teams for the dollar in this CBA? Or whatever document governs that arrangement? If I remember correctly - in the 90's, the Oilers needed to sell 12,000 season tickets and they qualified for compensation. No one talks about the dollar these days....probably because the Canadian teams are all pretty strong right now...?
    As for Vegas becoming Arizona....hard to say. The theory seems to be that if you win, your franchise will be successful - like Tampa. But not every team can be successful every year. Everyone was so happy to show Carolina as an example of a southern team getting local support, but their attendance sucked last year.
    I want to see Seattle get a team so that I have another team to cheer for when they play Vancouver.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    MayDay10 said:

nice!
    If you're interested, check out progress on the Oil's new digs here:
    http://www.rogersplace.com/live-view/

New arena has so many cool features.....a public rink is attached, as well as the 'winter garden' which will host concerts for 2-3000 - can also be used for big screen viewing during the playoffs, with the stands open at the top so crowd noise will be throughout the whole facility....biggest HD scoreboard screen in the world...order beer and food from your seat via app...then there are the outdoor courtyards, new high rises....lots of bars and restaurants, all integrated into an entertainment district. Hopefully our team won't suck balls by the time they start playing there.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    The Eagle has landed ...

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291

oh, and.....http://thehockeywriters.com/toronto-can-put-connor-mcdavid-in-a-leaf-uniform-in-3-years/

SOOOOO loving the butt-hurt of Laf fans. It's hilarious. Trolling all the Oiler fan sites and fb pages.....This article ^^^^ might be the dumbest thing I've read since browsing AMT yesterday.
    Lots of talk that Chiarelli is still going after a Dman. Most speculation focused on Seabrook and Franson.

You think that's funny, the laughs fans and media still think JT wants to come "home".

As far as expansion, I'm all for quebec city getting a team, they deserve one after what happened many years ago with the Canadian dollar tanking and all. Vegas worries me just for the simple fact it's gonna be like Phoenix in 10 years. If you build an arena in the actually city of Vegas and not the burbs it can prosper. The messed up part bout Quebec City franchise is they will probably play in the west to finally balance out the unevenness of the conferences. Oh and hopefully within the next ten years Seattle can build a new arena and get the Coyotes.
    Vegas is definitely getting a team and for at least the 1st couple of seasons you can count on a few thousand fans from the visiting team making treks out there.
  • Options
    Patrick Kane is setup to have one of the all-time greatest bald man mullets ever.

Whether we see it in a Blackhawks uniform or a Rikers Island uniform is yet to be determined.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Practice begins today... First preseason game, at least for Buffalo, is on Monday.

I guess for preseason, they are going to allow teams to go to overtime at least 3 times each to get used to the format.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Jason P said:

Patrick Kane is setup to have one of the all-time greatest bald man mullets ever.

Whether we see it in a Blackhawks uniform or a Rikers Island uniform is yet to be determined.

I guess he is going for the Big Ben heel look.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    ^ I believe that is the Miami Vice Henchmen haircut
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Go Kings Go! Getting fired up...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    3 on 3 overtime is going to be absurd. not sure why just changing a regulation win to 3 points, overtime win 2 points and overtime tie 1 point so hard to do. it makes the most sense especially considering regulation wins are a tiebreaker so clearly the NHL thinks regulation wins mean more than overtime wins.
  • Options
    Ties are for soccer.
  • Options
    I would be in favor of 3 points for regulation win, 2 for OT/SO win, 1 point for OT/SO loss and 0 points for a regulation loss. Stick with 4 on 4 OT in that case.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Rangers/Devils tonight
  • Options
    the Patrick Kane case just took an insane turn.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    MayDay10 said:

I know. What the fuck??? This is like an episode of Law & Order.
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

South Buffalo is like a different universe.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

MayDay10 said:

South Buffalo is like a different universe.
    Sounds like it. This is all so fucked up.
  • Options
    This is just plain odd.

If someone did tamper with the evidence, why put it on the mother's doorstep? That is pretty brazen "fuck you, we are going to get away with this" to the alleged victim. At the same time, it is going to draw huge attention to the story, which isn't smart.
  • Options
    It seems like kind of a hair-brained intimidation tactic.

A story was "leaked" a couple days ago that the accuser had a sample or samples in her genitalia that werent Kane's. Then this happens, pretty much rendering the evidence useless... and the last "word" was this girl had slept with multiple people that night. There have also been other pretty unsavory rumors/leaks in this ridiculous case against the accuser. It kind of stinks to high hell.
  • Options
    http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/police-courts/accusers-attorney-says-evidence-tampered-with-in-patrick-kane-rape-case-20150923

“This evidence bag has been ripped open,” Thomas J. Eoannou said, showing the bag at a packed news conference in his office. “This is a significant development in this case.”

Eoannou called for the FBI or State Police to investigate the breach. He also said multiple leaks to media have occurred and are “troublesome to say the least,” said Eoannou.

In his 30-plus years as an attorney, he said, he has never seen an evidence bag outside a police lab, courtroom or legal office, and he wants the person to come forward and cooperate about “how on earth this could have happened.”

“It was never my intention to comment or try this case in the media,” Eoannou said.

Eoannou said the DA’s office has been notified and has complete confidence that what happened with the evidence will be properly looked into.

When asked if his client was interested in a settlement, Eoannou said no.

“I am a criminal attorney. I have never settled a monetary claim in my life. I’m the last lawyer in town you would go to in a civil case.”
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

It seems like kind of a hair-brained intimidation tactic.

A story was "leaked" a couple days ago that the accuser had a sample or samples in her genitalia that werent Kane's. Then this happens, pretty much rendering the evidence useless... and the last "word" was this girl had slept with multiple people that night. There have also been other pretty unsavory rumors/leaks in this ridiculous case against the accuser. It kind of stinks to high hell.

Hair-brained is right. This seems like the work of some dirty meathead cops.

I thought the days of someone being able to pull off a Roethlisberger were over ...
  • Options
    What an absolute mess. I mean, what the fuck? How does something like this happen?
  • Options
    Press release from the police in the Kane case:

“That said, The Hamburg Police Department has documentation that unequivocally demonstrates that it’s handling of the evidence and the integrity of it’s chain of custody of evidence in this case is unassailable. As is policy with active investigations, there will be no further comment regarding this situation.”

Unassailable ... You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Love that movie.

Fucking Kane, quite the circus!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    I only checked in because I saw norm had the last post and wanted to see what he had to say.

I lived in vegas for 33 years....are they getting team or just building a place to TRY to get a team?

the landscape is completely lttered with failed vegas sports franchises. however, winter hockey season + cold weather franchises + vegas, it might work.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WTF is going on with the Kane case? Now it looks like it was faked by the mother?