Options

New PJ hoodies at the roadside room...

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    Which one of you effers bought the Phoenix?
    Paul, that was totally you wasn't it? You were just deflecting attention from yourself! :mrgreen:

Did you get it Su May?
    Nope, wasn't me. I'm still pointing my finger at Paul :lol::lol:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Suziemay wrote:
    Which one of you effers bought the Phoenix?
    Paul, that was totally you wasn't it? You were just deflecting attention from yourself! :mrgreen:

Did you get it Su May?

wasnt me honest, hes a slim fitting kinda guy so id need xl
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    That Phoenix one was a great one. Whoever got it is very lucky.

I was going to get it...but I gave myself until this morning. My theory was, if it was there in the morning, then it's mine. But it's gone.

I'm thinking of having him make me one.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652

I was going to get it...but I gave myself until this morning. My theory was, if it was there in the morning, then it's mine. But it's gone.

I contacted him about that once in the past... but the customer service and correspondance was absolutely terrible... 2 years later I'm still waiting for him to email me back about it or return my call...

I know he's done some great stuff for other people and lots have had great experiences with him... but mine was not... in fact it never really got off the ground.... :-|
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    shep wrote:

I contacted him about that once in the past... but the customer service and correspondance was absolutely terrible... 2 years later I'm still waiting for him to email me back about it or return my call...

I know he's done some great stuff for other people and lots have had great experiences with him... but mine was not... in fact it never really got off the ground.... :-|

He's always gotten back to me either almost immediately or in a short amount of time. Being a 1 man show isn't easy.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,630
    shep wrote:
    I never quite "got" the crash hoodies, whats the allure?

cut-up old tour merch on super-slim fit hoodies.... if that's your thing...

I hear they're nice, but I've never owned one....

Wanted to get a custom one done once upon a time, but the lack of responses and delays from the man who runs the place turned me off...

I'm thankful I wasn't the only one who never got a response from him. I mean, what's the deal? Why does he even bother with that service if he's not going to provide it? Plus, how did they jump in price so quickly? I bought the Fixer one for $52 and the Ten one for around the same only 2 years ago. Why are they more than double the price now?

Things are priced by how much people are willing to pay... If PJ fans would stop letting their passion for the band override reason when it comes to how much they'll spend on stuff, the prices would fall quickly! Until then, they prices will keep rising until no one will pay for it anymore.... and there are enough suckers out there to pay practically any price for anything (in fact, I suspect a lot of people are actually ENCOURAGED to buy because of these outrageous prices... they figure the price tag indicates that it must be an investment I think, imagining that it will all be collectible). The market drives the prices folks... I would say if you don't like it, stop buying, but we all know that there enough people who just won't do that; just too many PJ fans and collectors who will stop at nothing to get their hands on stuff.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    shep wrote:

:cry: He's always gotten back to me and I wasn't even asking him about a custom anything, just pleading for a Stickman hoodie that wouldn't look like a nightie on me :mrgreen: Did you ever follow-up or are you done at this point? Sorry you had a bad experience. From my interaction he seems like a good dude, just probably overwhelmed being a one-man show.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    From my interaction he seems like a good dude, just probably overwhelmed being a one-man show.

It's funny we both used "1 man/one-man" show!

Yeah, I have always had good interactions with him and he seems like a really nice guy. I'm sure that depending on what he has going on he does get way overloaded at times.

If anyone is considering a custom hoodie, I wouldn't give up.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    GB45499GB45499 Posts: 232
    There is another Phoenix XL up for grabs.

I'm still sad I missed the Canada 05 XL...does anyone have one that they don't want anymore?? :lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

:cry: He's always gotten back to me and I wasn't even asking him about a custom anything, just pleading for a Stickman hoodie that wouldn't look like a nightie on me :mrgreen: Did you ever follow-up or are you done at this point? Sorry you had a bad experience. From my interaction he seems like a good dude, just probably overwhelmed being a one-man show.

I'm sure he's a stand up guy... just the lackluster response kinda turned me off from the whole situation... and I have just left the t-shirts I was thinking about converting sit in the closet....

Plus I kind of also realized that I live in the Southern US these days, not the east coast of Canada... I have a lot of really nice hoodies in the closet that barely get worn as it is... I thought about it a little more and didn't see the point in having a $150-200 one throw on the pile... maybe I'll get back around to it again... if he was just to email me and touch face on it, I'd probably still do it...

I'm not the type of person to pester repeatedly if I'm not getting responses (unless I've already shelled out the cash for the item... ask JH about that ;)... nice guy, just damn slow at shipping sometimes! :D )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    2005 Canada Hoodie XXL added to the website. Also a size XL avacado hoodie.
  • Options
    A few more hoodies popped up:

WOMEN'S (gasp!) Canada 2005 size L $175
    Men's Choices XL $75
    Men's Anniversary XL $125

Also the Women's Owl M that's been there for awhile $85.. Hmmm.. maybe I should grab this one in case the small stops fitting at some point :lol::lol:
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    shep wrote:
    Go get 'em so that I can stop being tempted to buy them...

http://www.roadsideroom.com

PJ 2010 Tour hoodies (that actually look like they're made from leftover 09 merch.... :lol: ... at least I know that sawblade is....)

In the description is says "only 2 samples made" what does that mean exactly?
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    The Trojan Horse is beautiful! Joining this fanclub is the most I have ever been tempted with spending $ in my life! I'm supposed to be saving for Vegas,and I haven't spent anything yet,but it's KILLING me!! So much awesome stuff..... :nono:

• Options
    parintachin73parintachin73 Posts: 731
    shep wrote:

PJ 2010 Tour hoodies (that actually look like they're made from leftover 09 merch.... :lol: ... at least I know that sawblade is....)

From what he told me in the email before he put those up on the website, those 2 were "prototype" hoodies made for PJ20 that never went into mass production. Or something to that effect...
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    If the Anniversary one was L....it would be gone...
  • Options
    shep wrote:

From what he told me in the email before he put those up on the website, those 2 were "prototype" hoodies made for PJ20 that never went into mass production. Or something to that effect...

Huh,that's pretty cool.....Another site I'm gonna have to stay away from :lol:

• Options
    2 Mens XL Canada Trojan horse just showed up...http://roadsideroom.com/men%27s/canada-p-196.html
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    2 Mens XL Canada Trojan horse just showed up...http://roadsideroom.com/men%27s/canada-p-196.html

also "the eliminator" added last night...

someone go buy this stuff so that I can stop being tempted to spend $150 on a hoodie. :lol:
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

also "the eliminator" added last night...

someone go buy this stuff so that I can stop being tempted to spend $150 on a hoodie. :lol:

Ditto that,I can't afford to buy right now,but just can not stop looking constantly at shit,it's killing me :lol:

• Options
    Another Canada 05 for the ladies...A/P Large for $129

I'm patiently awaiting my Canada 05...thanks to you all for not buying those 2 XL's that were up for over a week! :o As soon as I got the first one, the other was gone by the next morning.

Go get it! :D
  • Options
    Another Canada 05 mens XL posted!

Get on it![*]
  • Options
    i feel like if you buy these hoodies you lose your right to make fun of people who wear Ed Hardy t-shirts
  • Options
    i feel like if you buy these hoodies you lose your right to make fun of people who wear Ed Hardy t-shirts

Well damn, why would I buy a hoodie that take away my right to be a self-righteous prick? :lol:

In all seriousness, these hoodies are nice, made by hand by a nice guy. If you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em. But I do. I think he does some cool things and I like that I have the ability to email the guy that made my hoodie directly and he actually cares enough to email back.

Bottom line, they are my favorite band merch I own. I wish he priced them like he was a 8 year-old chinese kid working for free, but alas, he has to eat too! :lol:
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    Bottom line, they are my favorite band merch I own. I wish he priced them like he was a 8 year-old chinese kid working for free, but alas, he has to eat too! :lol:

:lol:

And I agree with cinic, big fan of Crash hoodies.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I couldn't help it.....I just bought a $95 sweatshirt for my kids :shock: Both kids can wear it at some point, so maybe it's like spending $47.50 each ;) I realized my daughter and I will be traveling to see EV in Memphis in November and it will be chilly, she will be super cute in this if she needs to wear it. Maybe if I lose 50 pounds I can wear it too, lol.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    I couldn't help it.....I just bought a $95 sweatshirt for my kids :shock: Both kids can wear it at some point, so maybe it's like spending $47.50 each ;) I realized my daughter and I will be traveling to see EV in Memphis in November and it will be chilly, she will be super cute in this if she needs to wear it. Maybe if I lose 50 pounds I can wear it too, lol.

Nicely done. I'm sure you won't regret it!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    If it makes you feel better, I almost bought a kid's hoodie at one point when I saw it pop up... and I don't even have a kid! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Carey wrote:
    If it makes you feel better, I almost bought a kid's hoodie at one point when I saw it pop up... and I don't even have a kid! :lol::lol:

I really want a CRASH hoodie for my little girl but she wouldn't appreciate it as much as me. And with the scrutiny I take for the number of crash hoodies I already own from my wife, I'd rather get myself another one and and least be able to appreciate it the way it should be if I'm going to get the heat for buying it!!! Maybe someday though.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    Where the magic happens! :)

jwqSt.jpg?1