Options

New PJ hoodies at the roadside room...

shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Go get 'em so that I can stop being tempted to buy them...

http://www.roadsideroom.com

PJ 2010 Tour hoodies (that actually look like they're made from leftover 09 merch.... :lol: ... at least I know that sawblade is....)
Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    out of my pricerange...
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    mookieb10 wrote:
    out of my pricerange...

same :(
  • Options
    nice find! thanks for posting, i'm tempted
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    mookieb10 wrote:
    out of my pricerange...

I'm in the same boat.... myself and the girlfriend are looking at houses, so most all spending has been put on lockdown....

Plus I live in Houston these days and don't have much use for hoodies....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    I never quite "got" the crash hoodies, whats the allure?
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options

cut-up old tour merch on super-slim fit hoodies.... if that's your thing...

I hear they're nice, but I've never owned one....

Wanted to get a custom one done once upon a time, but the lack of responses and delays from the man who runs the place turned me off...
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Wanted to get a custom one done once upon a time, but the lack of responses and delays from the man who runs the place turned me off...

cool, thanks for the info. Seems a bit overpriced for that, but good for him.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    He had a few not so long ago (very expensive ones) but it seems like the economy is complete recovered :|
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    They look good but the hoods are never big enough for my head. Drives me crazy
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Giant skulls ugh

Well glad Im not too keen on them, that's some price!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    shep wrote:

i make the "crash" hoodies as well but NORMALLY i let the client tell me which style of hoodie they prefer. This way they dont shell out cash for something they arent truly happy with and i dont waste my time! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I'm thankful I wasn't the only one who never got a response from him. I mean, what's the deal? Why does he even bother with that service if he's not going to provide it? Plus, how did they jump in price so quickly? I bought the Fixer one for $52 and the Ten one for around the same only 2 years ago. Why are they more than double the price now?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    Why are they more than double the price now?

Well because is Pearl Jam and the demand for Pearl Jam things is HUGE amongst fans...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    $125 for a hoodie? yeah don't think so...
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    Why are they more than double the price now?

Well because is Pearl Jam and the demand for Pearl Jam things is HUGE amongst fans...

Huh? They still have the Backspacer one in the Goods section so demand couldn't be that high for them. It seems to be a bit exploitative to just double the price. I mean it's the same material, etc used. Why such a hike in price?
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'm thankful I wasn't the only one who never got a response from him. I mean, what's the deal? Why does he even bother with that service if he's not going to provide it? Plus, how did they jump in price so quickly? I bought the Fixer one for $52 and the Ten one for around the same only 2 years ago. Why are they more than double the price now?
    the Fixer and the Ten ones had much higher quantities so the prices were lower. The ones that are $125 are out o quantities like 10, so the price per item is going to be way higher.

It might not SEEM right, but its the nature of the 'limited edition' business.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

hmm... he was really good about getting back to me when i was thinking of getting my old SG shirts made into a hoodie... I ended up flaking cause i couldn't justify the expense

like someone else said, I've never been impressed with the hoodies he uses... WAY too thin
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,752
    crash is a super cool guy and very busy. it's not like he has a ton of people working for him. i got to hangout with him in long beach and the guy is top notch. i love his work and i appreciate the all of the hoodies he has made for the tours. :thumbup:
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I LOVE mine! I got the red with owl one from the 2006 tour. I love that it's think and feels soft and actually fits me unlike most other PJ womens' merch (see the PJ womens T thread :lol::lol::lol: )

$125 does seem too much but suckers like me pay for it so I guess there's no reason for him to lower prices.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Suziemay wrote:
    I LOVE mine! I got the red with owl one from the 2006 tour. I love that it's think and feels soft and actually fits me unlike most other PJ womens' merch (see the PJ womens T thread :lol::lol::lol: )

$125 does seem too much but suckers like me pay for it so I guess there's no reason for him to lower prices.

How are the sizes? Do they run small or do they fit like the size that you end up ordering? I am thinking of having one made and knowing this will help with my decision.
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I have the Soundgarden hoodie for sale ($60 shipped) or trade. It's a small medium and just a little snug on the this buff body of mine. Ha!
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    the Fixer and the Ten ones had much higher quantities so the prices were lower. The ones that are $125 are out o quantities like 10, so the price per item is going to be way higher.

It might not SEEM right, but its the nature of the 'limited edition' business.

That makes sense I guess. Although, the skull one in the Goods section is limited to 400 and that's still $90. Seems like they've increased a bit in price overall.
    shep wrote:

hmm... he was really good about getting back to me when i was thinking of getting my old SG shirts made into a hoodie... I ended up flaking cause i couldn't justify the expense

like someone else said, I've never been impressed with the hoodies he uses... WAY too thin

I contacted him about the exact same thing (old Soundgarden shirt) and didn't receive any reply whatsoever. That's 2 years ago now. But today I wouldn't be in the situation to afford it if it's something like $125 so I guess it's his loss.
  • Options
    PJ88 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

How are the sizes? Do they run small or do they fit like the size that you end up ordering? I am thinking of having one made and knowing this will help with my decision.

I think they might be a tad on the small side; I'm between an XS-S in women's, and the S fit me well. I probably wouldn't be able to wear anything other than a tank or a think T under it. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Thanks everyone for the replies. They sure will help in my decision. Thanks again.
  • Options
    SENROCK wrote:
    shep wrote:

i make the "crash" hoodies as well but NORMALLY i let the client tell me which style of hoodie they prefer. This way they dont shell out cash for something they arent truly happy with and i dont waste my time! :D

It's funny that you should mention this.... One of the other reasons I kind of gave up on the idea is that I heard the hoodies he uses are pretty thin, and I don't use thin hoodies... As well, I'm pretty handy with a needle and thread myself, so I figured that I'd just buy some nice thick hoodies from a brand-name I like, with minimal logos and what not on it, and make the hoodie myself...

Only problem was I didn't have access to multiple years with of un-sold tour merch like crash does.... however now a couple of years later I've actually got a couple of PJ t-shirts that are prime for the picking, so I think I'm going to make a custom one soon out of my green disease and Canadian 05 tour t-shirts.... hopefully I don't fuck it all up... ;)
  • Options
    More just posted on his site. I really like the Stickman one. Too bad it's an XL. Oh, and $300 :lol::lol:

Just had a Chris Cornell ticket meltdown so I can't afford anything at the moment but in case anyone is interested:

http://roadsideroom.com/
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    300 DOLLARS?!!???????!111111111111!!!!!!

HOW MUCH WERE THEY SOLD HERE FOR?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    rather like the stickman one but $300 - not a chance in hell...

thats ridiculous.
  • Options
    hostishostis Posts: 441
    pdalowsky wrote:
    rather like the stickman one but $300 - not a chance in hell...

thats ridiculous.

ive just seen that. I think its time to flog mine if its $300!!!!! jeeeeesus. its just a top!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    so my never worn stickman worth 300 in the market?...wow..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”