Options

PJ womens tees :(

Comments

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Since I'm hourglassy the mens shirts make me look like a fat ogre. I have a very defined waist. I need the stretch of womens tees. :(
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    So I am not the only one! I usually have to buy a mens shirt to fit 'the girls' and then it looks like a nightshirt. The womens shirts :roll: I guess are ok if you want everyone looking at your chest like it's for sale. What I have had to do is find a mens T that I love and take it to get altered. Yes a pain, yes more $$$ than should ever be spent on a T but hey it's PJ. :D
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    However, I ordered the women's XL analog shirt and I SWIM in it. It's too big to wear out so I wear it to bed. I thought they had sent me a men's by mistake but the tag says 'ladies xl'. Suffice it to say that when I order, I really have no idea what size to get other than men's medium.

Same thing happened to me. Normally I wear the ladies XL PJ t's since they run so small so I ordered the XL analog and I have to use it as a night shirt. I don't think I am going to order any more shirts. Just see what they have at shows I guess.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Just another vote in agreement - the sizing is nuts!
    Seems like this is happening in a lot of places lately - as the populace is getting larger the sizes are getting smaller?? I can't order tees on line anywhere anymore - never know what the S,M,L mean.
    Should be exactly as mentioned earlier 6-8=S, 10-12=M, 12-14L
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    mindi wrote:
    Since I'm hourglassy the mens shirts make me look like a fat ogre. I have a very defined waist. I need the stretch of womens tees. :(

THIS!

my boobs and hips need a little relief from my waist! which is actually small but I look like a pregnant girl in men's shirts!

Also, maybe we need to start a thread (this one??) to hook each other up with info about the actual fit of the t-shirts. Some sweet girl and I were PMing about the size and shape of our boobs recently (ha!) in the name of getting a good fit. If you aren't comfortable posting that kind of info, maybe you could offer info via PM about your height/size/fit to others.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    is it 2052 yet??
    not in my calendar!!!!bump!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I hate that PJ doesn't have more women's merch...but, more importantly, I wish they could at least get some consistency in the sizing of women;s merch they do carry! I normally wear a medium-large to other tshirts, but I have gotten my last three PJ tour shirts in an Xlarge because of, like many of you, "the girls". The XL fits fine, it's slim, but cute. I have to wash in cold water and not dry them though cause they wouldn't be wearable if they shrunk. I really don't like to buy the guys t's (but I do--medium) because I also like some waist definition and I hate that the sleeves practically go to my elbows. I wear my girls pj shirt shirts regularly, but the men's ones I have are more for touring and that's it. I just don't feel as cute wearing those out in public. I just renewed my membership last month, so I figured since I have been getting XL in PJ stuff lately I would get a XXL just to have a little more room. I figured I'd use it as gym shirt or something. Big mistake! The XXL is not in the cuter "women's" style, it does say "ladies" on the tag, but it looks just like a men's shirt and it is huge. Even though I hadn't planned wearing it out much, there is no way I can now. Total nightshirt.
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    I'm dreading getting my Analog top now. I too ordered a XL cos the last PJ tee I got was tiny. I'm usually a M or L so hopefully this one fits :?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    Did anyone else get a womens that doesnt say Ladies on the tag?
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    mindi wrote:

Also, maybe we need to start a thread (this one??) to hook each other up with info about the actual fit of the t-shirts. Some sweet girl and I were PMing about the size and shape of our boobs recently (ha!) in the name of getting a good fit. If you aren't comfortable posting that kind of info, maybe you could offer info via PM about your height/size/fit to others.
    I think I posted mine. I'm a shorty, 5'3" , wear a sz 12 jeans, a M or L tee usually, 36D boobs :mrgreen:

The only new womens tee I have is the analog one, all the others are older. And well you know how well that one fits me :lol:
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Agree! I got my XL Analog shirt and gave it to my daughter for a night gown...way to tight/short I wish they would
    A. Get real women measurements for their T's
    B. Start adding merchandise geared towards women. I only have 2 posters that I framed both with bears on them
    that I would hang in my house. I'm not asking for flower posters but they just seem all geared towards the dudes and not the dudettes! So that is my 2 cents.

p.s-10 club, you would sell tons more stuff if your t's would fit right and be a little more geared towards chicks.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Carey wrote:
    It is ridiculous that there isn't more women's merch.

Racism.

you mean sexism?

Ageism! PJ hates octogenarians, that's why there's a dearth of women's merch.

:lolno:
  • Options
    You guys should support all of us women on this issue. We want form fitting tees, not boxy mens ones. We have curves!
    Now in your opinions, which looks better on us :mrgreen:
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    Sigh... All too true.

I share the frustration with the t-shirts.

I'm 5'7" and about 135 lbs. So, not big, but not a stick either (not that there's anything wrong with that!). I usually settle for a men's medium because, if nothing else, the sizing is consistent more often than not.

And I'm sure I do look like I'm wearing a pillowcase. Maybe that's why I'm single :lol:
  • Options
    best thread ever.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    i hear you...

i gave up on the women's baby dolls after '06

i buy mens smalls from now on...much better, and long enough
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    I have to buy the men's sizes or I wouldn't even own a PJ shirt that I could wear. Ironically my I'm Analog tshirt is a woman's and actually fits me the best.
  • Options
    I completely agree. I'm normally a 4-6 and I've bought random shirts in everything from a XSmall (big mistake) to a Large and the PJ20 shirt is the only one that actually fits ok, but then again I'm not big in the chest area :roll: . I was bummed when they only had S and XL left but I took my chances with the S and I have to say it probably fits the best of all my PJ shirts. Second best fit is the Lolla surfboard logo that I bought in a Large, go figure!

Every other shirt either shrinks to doll size (2006 Avocado tour shirt that I bought twice in different sizes!! :evil:, Elements tank (S), Ladies Devil T(L)) or they fit ridiculously wierd (Analog shirt (M), Reaper shirt (M), EV Solo tank (M)).

It really does seem like they're selling kid size t's and passing them off as women's. The shoulders, chest and armpits are way too tight and the bottom way too loose to be designed for a woman's body.

Most of my PJ shirts have ended up packed away in storage :(
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    I'll join in on behalf of my wife. I bought her a medium Molson shirt from Hamilton. It shrunk a little in the wash (as expected) and is now a "wear around the house" type shirt. It's a tad small, but doable. The problem is the neck/boob area as it's been mentioned.

Thanks 10C for the $35 rip-off. How do I return this POS for an exchange? I'm sure you outsource the merchandise to a third party, so please give me their email address.

For instance, Bon Jovi outsources their merchandise and I've had no trouble contacting them. (to be fair, I've never returned, exchanged or bought from them, was trying to dispute tickets and that was the only contact I could find. They did mention in our correspondence that if it was merchandise related, they would fix the problem)

SO, I ASK THE 10C FOR THE MERCHANDISING CONTACT, PLEASE.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Options
    this is so sad, we would love to buy more goods, but they aren't giving us what we need :(

I will say I am so happy to know I'm just not some weirdly shaped freak.

Hopefully this might help! I think when the guys complained that they needed size XXL and bigger that they started getting some.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Yeah, I was reluctant to buy a T-shirt at PJ20 because of the $35 price tag, but I finally caved in on Day 2, only to find that they were completely out of L and XL of the one I wanted...I hemmed and hawed and finally settled on the men's M...seriously, a man's M should not be snug on me; I'm only 5'6"! Here's hoping that it doesn't shrink in the wash.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    So, TENCLUB, to summarize:

The lovely ladies in this fan club need better merch!

We do not have the body habitus like that of Danny Devito!

Some of us have boobs, and we don't want to look like SpongeBob, or pregnant!

Please help us support our band :D:D:D
  • Options
    PS if you are 5'2"or below and petite (chest included in that!), the avocado shirt that is on sale right now for 12 bucks might work really well for you...
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

best thread ever.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Carey wrote:

That third line is enough to make me get behind this thread... ;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

YES! :mrgreen:

You have to take into account that if we have boobs, the shirt needs to be longer to accommodate for the boobs.

If we're curvy we need to show our waistline or we look like spongebob! We need to show our shape :D but without contorting the image on the front or compressing our boobs into tees.
  • Options
    Yes!! This has driven me crazy for years now! They are too tight and too short! My favorite band shirts are the stretchy material, unfortunately none of the PJ women's shirts are like that. I usually end up with a men's small or medium. For a little perspective, my tiny 10 year old daughter wears a women's medium in the red Canada shirt. My 6 year old daughter has a women's medium in the PJ20 shirt. It is big on her, but not that big!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Carey wrote:

:lol:

Its a good thing, right!?
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Carey wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Carey wrote:

:lol:

Its a good thing, right!?

Oh course it is....Give Women Merch Rights!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    Carey wrote:

LOVE! ----> +1,000,000 :D
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
This discussion has been closed.