Options

PJ womens tees :(

mindimindi Posts: 1,858
edited October 2011 in The Porch
Yes I know I probably sound like a broken record, but just once I would like to buy a womens tee and have it fit properly.
The only one that begins to is the tree one from the 08 tour.
I usually wear a L or M in regular womens tees, depending on stretch. I even have a few tees from the girls dept. I knew that PJ womens stuff ran tiny so when I went analog, I ordered an XL.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 159_-1.jpg
Yep I can barely wrangle the boobs into it. I don't even have huge boobs.

I have a green tee, sz 2xl! It fits good everywhere, but shows my belly button. A blue tee with a neat design on the front, again if I lift my arms, belly button.

I won't buy mens because they make women look like they're wearing a pillowcase.

And I know I'm not a tiny girl, I have a few extra lbs on me, but when all other stores I can wear a L or M you would think an XL or XXL in PJ stuff would fit me.

Anyone other women have this problem or am I just shaped weird :(
To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It is ridiculous that there isn't more women's merch.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    I am with ya on the weird sizing, very short and very tight, and yup, not much selection if we don't want to wear the huge sloppy guys shirts :| Pretty much the reason I wasn't willing to drop $35 on a tee this tour, I just got my poster and went home a happy gal :lol:
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
  • Options
    This one is funny, look how stretched out his butt is :lol:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 84048_.jpg
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Yeah, this is a bummer. The shirts are either too tight or look like nightgowns on me. Wish they'd find someone who does real women's fits. NFL does a decent job of this, for example.
  • Options
    NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    mindi wrote:
    This one is funny, look how stretched out his butt is :lol:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 84048_.jpg

:lol:
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    I always tend to destroy my concert men's tees to get them to fit right (have to trim the sleeves, the base and often the neck) It's not just the lack of supply (and I don't think demand) but also the graphics- sometimes the designs on the men's tee are have to have.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    I always tend to destroy my concert men's tees to get them to fit right (have to trim the sleeves, the base and often the neck) It's not just the lack of supply (and I don't think demand) but also the graphics- sometimes the designs on the men's tee are have to have.
    I've done that. Luckily I can sew. I'm planning on hacking up my EV STL one soon.
    Here's one that was a sz Small Stone tee. My Clara loves him so I made this shirt into a dress for her.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 46_570.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 01_282.jpg
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I do wish they had more women's stuff; alot of the tshirts come in men's. OP, you don't look large at all in that photo! This is my experience with the shirts: I usually get a men's medium (the ones I like don't seem to come in women's), and it fits loosely (although probably does, as you said, looks like a pillowcase now that I think about it. :lol: ). I have one women's shirt, and I got an XL. It is also blue with a design on it, but I've had it for a long time, and I don't remember where I got it--I think at a show maybe.. :? ; I've ordered alot of PJ shirts over the years from alot of different places, and get at least one when I go to a show. Anyway, that XL fits nicely--it's like a fitted tee. However, I ordered the women's XL analog shirt and I SWIM in it. It's too big to wear out so I wear it to bed. I thought they had sent me a men's by mistake but the tag says 'ladies xl'. Suffice it to say that when I order, I really have no idea what size to get other than men's medium.
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    I do wish they had more women's stuff; alot of the tshirts come in men's. OP, you don't look large at all in that photo! This is my experience with the shirts: I usually get a men's medium (the ones I like don't seem to come in women's), and it fits loosely (although probably does, as you said, looks like a pillowcase now that I think about it. :lol: ). I have one women's shirt, and I got an XL. It is also blue with a design on it, but I've had it for a long time, and I don't remember where I got it--I think at a show maybe.. :? ; I've ordered alot of PJ shirts over the years from alot of different places, and get at least one when I go to a show. Anyway, that XL fits nicely--it's like a fitted tee. However, I ordered the women's XL analog shirt and I SWIM in it. It's too big to wear out so I wear it to bed. Suffice it to say that when I order, I really have no idea what size to get other than men's medium.
    I swear my analog XL is a kids shirt. I know someone who ordered a womens large and her tag says Ladies Large. Mine just says XL. :? Not ladies or anything. :(

I can wear that tee, since after awhile wearing a tee they loosen up, but it fits too tight in the armpits.
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    I do wish they had more women's stuff; alot of the tshirts come in men's. OP, you don't look large at all in that photo! This is my experience with the shirts: I usually get a men's medium (the ones I like don't seem to come in women's), and it fits loosely (although probably does, as you said, looks like a pillowcase now that I think about it. :lol: ). I have one women's shirt, and I got an XL. It is also blue with a design on it, but I've had it for a long time, and I don't remember where I got it--I think at a show maybe.. :? ; I've ordered alot of PJ shirts over the years from alot of different places, and get at least one when I go to a show. Anyway, that XL fits nicely--it's like a fitted tee. However, I ordered the women's XL analog shirt and I SWIM in it. It's too big to wear out so I wear it to bed. Suffice it to say that when I order, I really have no idea what size to get other than men's medium.
    I swear my analog XL is a kids shirt. I know someone who ordered a womens large and her tag says Ladies Large. Mine just says XL. :? Not ladies or anything. :(

I can wear that tee, since after awhile wearing a tee they loosen up, but it fits too tight in the armpits.
    I would bet it is a kid's because of your photo. And mine does say 'ladies' on it also. Judging from your photo, I think the one I got would be too big for you as well (we look pretty close to the same size, minus a few 'perks' if you will, on this end cuz I don't have much of that). :lol:
  • Options
    :lol: Yeah I'm a little hourglassy :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    :lol: Yeah I'm a little hourglassy :mrgreen:
    :lol: that's a good thing! I'm pretty straight...probably why the men's work for me most of the time. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    brilliant! love them :D now I wish I could do that!
    mindi wrote:
    embrace wrote:
    I've done that. Luckily I can sew. I'm planning on hacking up my EV STL one soon.
    Here's one that was a sz Small Stone tee. My Clara loves him so I made this shirt into a dress for her.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 46_570.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 01_282.jpg
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I know what you mean, I ordered a Ladies XL from 10c not long ago and could barely put it over my head; it was like a kid's shirt! Usually I have to go with a men's L to even fit in the things. And I normally wear a Ladies M or L... :?
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    My wife bought a ladies EV shirt this last tour (size L?). Fit okay, but she wore it once and a bunch of stitches in the armpit gave out. Not a good investment of $35.
  • Options
    If they pay me enough, I'll take over the womens tee shirt department!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Holy shit! The t-shirt in the pic in your 1st post Mindi is an XL!?!?!? That's fkn insane! An XL for babies maybe?!?!?! I never bother with the women's tees. Would be great if they were REAL sizes ie S = size 10-12, M - size 12-14, L = size 16, XL = size 18.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Holy shit! The t-shirt in the pic in your 1st post Mindi is an XL!?!?!? That's fkn insane! An XL for babies maybe?!?!?! I never bother with the women's tees. Would be great if they were REAL sizes ie S = size 10-12, M - size 12-14, L = size 16, XL = size 18.
    Yep XL. I wear a sz 12. I think 10C is trying to make me feel like a fatty :(
  • Options
    Mindi, you are not shaped weird. I have issues with the womens tees as well. I bought a womens XL avocado tee and can no longer wear it, it shrunk and it's TOO short. I washed it in cold water and air dried it.
    I now buy mens tees.

Cute Stone dress!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks! She loves it, she wore it to my EV STL fundraiser party :mrgreen:

I'm thinking about emailing 10C just to see what they think of my analog tee. At least maybe they can give me measurements of a large. If it's bigger maybe I can get that size.
  • Options
    djsuzdjsuz Posts: 45
    Oh crap you have me all worried now. Just ordered a womens t-shirt in M. Bloody hope I can get my big head through the opening, nothing like getting your head stuck in a hole and hearing the inevitable rippppppp. :problem:
    S'pose I will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    I also would like some more Pearl Jam ladies tee's and hoodies in colors. Clothing collector here not poster :P
    I own too many black men's hoodies and they just don't fit right! They look messy.... Come on that's not how you want us Pearl Jam ladies looking ;)

For me I don't have the chest issue. :lol: but I am tall so shirts can get short on me....a little extra length is good on a shirt for almost any girl..... :D
    I feel like the woman's shirts have been cut in junior sizes not ladies. I often buy a large in a shirt and I wear a 6. Medium in a hoodie.

I bought a really nice hoodie at the Foo Fighters concert this past weekend and its a woman's :(
    if only I could have something similar in Pearl Jam I would live in it!
    ( FYI lots of pearl jam shirts at the show representing )

My kids called the green dragonhead women's one my woobie I wore it so much. Love that hoodie!
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    bionicamy wrote:
    I also would like some more Pearl Jam ladies tee's and hoodies in colors. Clothing collector here not poster :P
    I own too many black men's hoodies and they just don't fit right! They look messy.... Come on that's not how you want us Pearl Jam ladies looking ;)

For me I don't have the chest issue. :lol: but I am tall so shirts can get short on me....a little extra length is good on a shirt for almost any girl..... :D
    I feel like the woman's shirts have been cut in junior sizes not ladies. I often buy a large in a shirt and I wear a 6. Medium in a hoodie.

I bought a really nice hoodie at the Foo Fighters concert this past weekend and its a woman's :(
    if only I could have something similar in Pearl Jam I would live in it!
    ( FYI lots of pearl jam shirts at the show representing )

My kids called the green dragonhead women's one my woobie I wore it so much. Love that hoodie!
    I love that hoodie too, fits great, but why are the pockets almost on your back?

Clothing collecter here too :mrgreen: and I am slowly hacking them all up and making my own stuff.
    I emailed 10C to ask about my analog tee. I just want to know the measurements on the dang thing.
  • Options
    Cute Stone dress!!!!
    Yes, that! :)
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Yep XL. I wear a sz 12. I think 10C is trying to make me feel like a fatty :([/

A 12 is not fat :roll: .... Just shaped like real women. Celebrating twenty years it has to be taken into consideration that a vast number of women have had children not to mention just the normal aging process.

We are all beautiful.... :D

yes ladies....
    Small 6-8
    Med 10-12
    Large 14-16
    Xl 18

Stone dress is adorable
    “This is a ah another request fulfillment. If none of the other of you like it at least one guy does. Actually it’s a girl, she’s right back there.”
    SMILE Eddie Vedder Cleveland 06.....
  • Options
    bionicamy wrote:
    mindi wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Yep XL. I wear a sz 12. I think 10C is trying to make me feel like a fatty :([/

A 12 is not fat :roll: .... Just shaped like real women. Celebrating twenty years it has to be taken into consideration that a vast number of women have had children not to mention just the normal aging process.

We are all beautiful.... :D

yes ladies....
    Small 6-8
    Med 10-12
    Large 14-16
    Xl 18

Stone dress is adorable
    Thanks, I loved making that dress. Maybe I should make her an Analog one.

Seriously though 10C replied to me already and said if I want I send that one back with my measurements and they will see what size will fit, but if they say sorry you're a fatty and none of these will fit you, I might cry.

I will say, 10C has always been great about replying to me quickly! :)

Does anyone have an Analog womens tee in Large or XL, I'd love to know what it measures from armpit to armpit across the front.
  • Options
    :lol: They better not say sorry you're a fatty!!! lol. I doubt that. If they do, tell them to get glasses.
    Jokes aside, they do answer emails rapidly; always loved that. And my XL ladies analog measures 23 inches from armpit to armpit across the front (I have washed it 3x already).
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    :lol: They better not say sorry you're a fatty!!! lol. I doubt that. If they do, tell them to get glasses.
    Jokes aside, they do answer emails rapidly; always loved that. And my XL ladies analog measures 23 inches from armpit to armpit across the front (I have washed it 3x already).
    No wonder the armpits are so tight and I have to wrangle my girls into mine. That's what 6" different, and 12" total!

BUT thanks!!! That makes me feel so much better :mrgreen:
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    they need to make some extra smalls too
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    No wonder the armpits are so tight and I have to wrangle my girls into mine. That's what 6" different, and 12" total!

BUT thanks!!! That makes me feel so much better :mrgreen:
    They must have sent you a kids one. ;) That's a big difference. Well, now you know not to get a ladies XL! :D
This discussion has been closed.