Options

PJ womens tees :(

Comments

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    shortstack wrote:
    they need to make some extra smalls too
    I could send you my XL, it's tiny. It fits my 8 year old.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    I agree...don't like to complain either but I was desapointed that I couldn't buy the Montreal PJ20 shirt for ladies as even the Large size did not fit me. I am tall but still...as someone pointed out, the Analog T-shirt was funny. Ordered the x-large and still cannot wear it. The sad one is the lovely blue and gold maple leaf from a few years back. I look like I borrowed my 8 year old's t-shirt...so now I buy the posters.....:)
    10C, try to remember our real sizes, not the runway sizes....I would love to promote PJ everywhere I go!
  • Options
    I agree...don't like to complain either but I was desapointed that I couldn't buy the Montreal PJ20 shirt for ladies as even the Large size did not fit me. I am tall but still...as someone pointed out, the Analog T-shirt was funny. Ordered the x-large and still cannot wear it. The sad one is the lovely blue and gold maple leaf from a few years back. I look like I borrowed my 8 year old's t-shirt...so now I buy the posters.....:)
    10C, try to remember our real sizes, not the runway sizes....I would love to promote PJ everywhere I go!
    Real women have boobies ;)

Adding that if you don't have boobies you're not a real woman, you are. :mrgreen: It's just so frustrating that if it does fit our boobs then that makes the shirt too short :(
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    All you ladies unhappy with pillowcase shirts can send me your shirts to adjust. I do this for quite a few girls from here and can give you references! Hoodies too..... Pm if interested :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    any other guys reading this thread need a cold shower now? if me or my wifey gets the analog shirt offered to us where we can pick a size, ladies- i will let you know and you can have ours!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    this is my favorite thread of all times..women at porch forum,talking about clothes..
    awesome.. :D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    this is my favorite thread of all times..women at porch forum,talking about clothes..

all it needs is pictures :mrgreen:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Nothing is wrong with the 1st one Mindi provided!
  • Options
    SENROCK wrote:
    All you ladies unhappy with pillowcase shirts can send me your shirts to adjust. I do this for quite a few girls from here and can give you references! Hoodies too..... Pm if interested :)
    I saw the ones you did for Celine, very cute.

Luckily I usually do the same thing, I posted my daughters dress I made out of a mens sz S tee.

I just want to sometimes be able to buy a womens shirt and have it fit. I can think about 6-8 that I have and 2 fit and they are the same shirt :shock:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

crap, must have missed that :geek:
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I got a "small" hoodie from the show last night ... I hope it shrinks! It's the same size as my large No Code hoodie from 1996. The US clothing companies starting incorporating vanity sizing to encourage sales and it's messed everything up worse than before. A friend of mine went down south a week ago and came back with a bunch of shirts, many sized small. He's 6'-fucking-2"!

I have no problem wearing men's shirts, have most of my life. But I'm not a girly-girl; don't need things to be formfitting unless it's long undies or intended to be the bottom layer. Women's shirts will almost always rip in the seams over the biceps anyway, as mine are kinda built up due to working a labour job.

I can't believe they did a Canadian tour without a TOQUE! Blasphemy.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Nothing is wrong with boys want more :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    IMO, tenclub should switch to using Tultex tshirts like Brad Hosbach does (10C member who occasionally posts PJ related Ts he designs and sells, his ladies tshirts are great).

My boobs rarely fit, unless it's a men's shirt, and I don't really feel like looking like I am in my second trimester of pregnancy. I am hourglassy too, men's shirts are not the most flattering. Can't see myself belting a Pearl Jam tee and pairing it with boots this fall. Ha :)

Also, the ladies shirts are so short! (steer clear of the Avocado 'half shirt' that is for sale right now, I am returning that one this week) Even if the shirts don't shrink they are still too short.

So I agree, two thumbs down on the 10C ladies threads. It's not a new problem either. :(

Btw girls, if you order a black PJ20 hoodie, they run pretty big. I have a medium and it's almost too big. I am usually an 8 or 10.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Yes I know I probably sound like a broken record, but just once I would like to buy a womens tee and have it fit properly.
    The only one that begins to is the tree one from the 08 tour.
    I usually wear a L or M in regular womens tees, depending on stretch. I even have a few tees from the girls dept. I knew that PJ womens stuff ran tiny so when I went analog, I ordered an XL.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 159_-1.jpg
    Yep I can barely wrangle the boobs into it. I don't even have huge boobs.

I have a green tee, sz 2xl! It fits good everywhere, but shows my belly button. A blue tee with a neat design on the front, again if I lift my arms, belly button.

I won't buy mens because they make women look like they're wearing a pillowcase.

And I know I'm not a tiny girl, I have a few extra lbs on me, but when all other stores I can wear a L or M you would think an XL or XXL in PJ stuff would fit me.

Anyone other women have this problem or am I just shaped weird :(

You're not the only one Mindi...I've had the same issues with the I'm Analog tee!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Yes I know I probably sound like a broken record, but just once I would like to buy a womens tee and have it fit properly.
    I usually wear a L or M in regular womens tees, depending on stretch. I even have a few tees from the girls dept. I knew that PJ womens stuff ran tiny so when I went analog, I ordered an XL.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ ... 159_-1.jpg
    Yep I can barely wrangle the boobs into it. I don't even have huge boobs.

I have a green tee, sz 2xl! It fits good everywhere, but shows my belly button. A blue tee with a neat design on the front, again if I lift my arms, belly button.

I won't buy mens because they make women look like they're wearing a pillowcase.

And I know I'm not a tiny girl, I have a few extra lbs on me, but when all other stores I can wear a L or M you would think an XL or XXL in PJ stuff would fit me.

Anyone other women have this problem or am I just shaped weird :(

I've had the same issues with the I'm Analog tee!
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    did i said this is my favorite thread of all times??
    cant remember..but love it..ill bump this till 2052 :mrgreen:
  • Options

Good, you keep bumpin' it and maybe someone will actually see it and help us :D
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    I usually wear a L or M in regular womens tees, depending on stretch.

Me too. The '08 tree t-shirt is the only one that is normal sizing.

The first time I bought a women's shirt from the 10C, I ordered a medium. It could fit a 10-year-old girl. The shirt ended several inches above my belly button. It was laughable.
    I am tall but still...as someone pointed out, the Analog T-shirt was funny. Ordered the x-large and still cannot wear it. The sad one is the lovely blue and gold maple leaf from a few years back. I look like I borrowed my 8 year old's t-shirt...so now I buy the posters.....:)

I have that problem too. I'm tall (5'8"), but I'm not super tall by any means. I've never had a problem with sizes. Learning from my previous mistake of ordering a medium, I ordered a 2XL the next time. While I could pull it over my head and boobs, it was tight, particularly in the armpits and, again, it was short. It fell just below my belly button, so if I raised my arms (which I couldn't do anyway because it was so tight in the arms), I'd expose my belly button. And this is before I'd even washed it. I have a couple of nephews and I'm just waiting for a niece to come along so I can give her some PJ gear. :)

I end up getting men's shirts because I want a t-shirt from the concert, but they don't fit well either. They're too long in the waist and sleeves. While I'm not a girly girl, I don't like to look sloppy in an over sized t-shirt with sleeves that go down to the elbow.

I would absolutely love normal women sizes.
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

if was up to me,ill visit all female member to meassure all of you and find you the right size :D
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

:clap:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I'll give you a hand, Dimi :mrgreen:

Mindi, I'm normally a women's S or XS, for PJ women's I have to get a women's L to be safe! And those Analog shirts? Forget it. I think I got an S, I felt like a giant sausage in it and I'm by no means heavy.

I started favouring the mens Smalls in the softer material. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head. The ones that the EV Hawaii shirts and the PJ20 skeleton running man shirts are made of.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Carey wrote:

if was up to me,ill visit all female member to meassure all of you and find you the right size :D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    rockpants wrote:
    I got a "small" hoodie from the show last night ... I hope it shrinks! It's the same size as my large No Code hoodie from 1996. The US clothing companies starting incorporating vanity sizing to encourage sales and it's messed everything up worse than before. A friend of mine went down south a week ago and came back with a bunch of shirts, many sized small. He's 6'-fucking-2"!

I have no problem wearing men's shirts, have most of my life. But I'm not a girly-girl; don't need things to be formfitting unless it's long undies or intended to be the bottom layer. Women's shirts will almost always rip in the seams over the biceps anyway, as mine are kinda built up due to working a labour job.

ok first of all, i love your fucking avatar. i have this picture on my front room wall; a small framed version hanging where the leash hook used to hang for my daschund :(

anyways, i completely agree, the women's sizing SUCKS. I end up buying men's shirts because the women's sizes don't fit me at all--and I'm a big girl, plus, with the the boob issue....I end up with super huge, long sleeves (past my elbows), armpits that hang too low, and a collar thats way too high/tight. :evil: it's maddening!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    It is ridiculous that there isn't more women's merch.

Racism.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Options
    pineapplesandwaves.pineapplesandwaves. GTA Posts: 1,808
    edited September 2011
    rockpants wrote:

I would have loved a toque.

I was tempted to buy the Molson Export hat, but I only wear ball caps when I'm playing ball and I wasn't going to buy a $35 hat to get all dirty and sweaty. Although, I would have loved to show my love for PJ while playing ball. :lol: I wear toques and beanies all the time, though... and was hoping for a toque.
    Post edited by pineapplesandwaves. on
  • Options
    Maybe I should go put on all of my too small PJ tees and post pictures, if it will help I will ;)

I bought the EV Memphis tee, mens, its huge and I wear it to bed, but it's 50% polyester! I'd rather have weird size shirts than poyester :?
  • Options
    anyways, i completely agree, the women's sizing SUCKS. I end up buying men's shirts because the women's sizes don't fit me at all--and I'm a big girl, plus, with the the boob issue....I end up with super huge, long sleeves (past my elbows), armpits that hang too low, and a collar thats way too high/tight. :evil: it's maddening!!

Oh, yes, the collar thing, too! I don't want something low cut, but I certainly don't like feeling like a nun with the high and tight collar. Definitely maddening! :)
  • Options
    NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    rockpants wrote:

Hmm... That's a good point! I spin, knit and crochet, I just might have to get a PJ20 patch and make myself one now! :lol:
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    rockpants wrote:

ok first of all, i love your fucking avatar. i have this picture on my front room wall; a small framed version hanging where the leash hook used to hang for my daschund :(

I have it tattooed above my right elbow. I just got my dachshund's portraits tattooed on the side of my right calf; still healing. I said goodbye to my 15-year-old boy on May 31st. Greatest dogs ever, eh? :)

Anyhoo ... the PJ folk just need to find something consistent. Women come in so many more unique shapes than men - it seems - so it's much harder to do. Pears and apples and such. I'd prefer to just play it safe and buy a small or medium men's, but like I mentioned, my personality is tomboyish so guy's stuff kinda feels more "me" anyway. Too big is better than too small!

The 10C would be smart to maybe survey the brands that the 10C women buy and model their shirts after those brands. Women are more likely to buy clothes than guys; it's a stereotype that's shifting, but it still holds true to a large degree.
  • Options
    It is ridiculous that there isn't more women's merch.

Racism.

you mean sexism?
This discussion has been closed.