Options

The Death Penalty

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,117
    I never said I was assaulted while my friends stood by. Just bullied, as in made fun of, teased, that sort of thing (the headbutt thing happened in the hallway between classes; no one really saw it). None of my friends would have let me get beat on. Most of my friends didn't get involved because they thought/knew I could defend myself, and almost always encouraged me to do so. But I just wouldn't. But at the same time, if it was a really tough bully, no one wanted to sway the attention towards themselves. And I don't blame them for it. We were all 95 pounds soaking wet at the time. If you really think you can judge someone by one statement by me, misconstrued by you, shut off the internet. That ain't reality.

Anyway, can you stop addressing my personal life and get back to the thread?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    paulonious wrote: »
    I never said I was assaulted while my friends stood by. Just bullied, as in made fun of, teased, that sort of thing (the headbutt thing happened in the hallway between classes; no one really saw it). None of my friends would have let me get beat on. Most of my friends didn't get involved because they thought/knew I could defend myself, and almost always encouraged me to do so. But I just wouldn't. But at the same time, if it was a really tough bully, no one wanted to sway the attention towards themselves. And I don't blame them for it. We were all 95 pounds soaking wet at the time. If you really think you can judge someone by one statement by me, misconstrued by you, shut off the internet. That ain't reality.

Anyway, can you stop addressing my personal life and get back to the thread?

If you don't want your personal life addressed then stop offering it as the basis for everything you are asserting.

Now back to the thread.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mentioning a personal circumstance to illustrate a point does not give one free reign to delve into the depths of the person's personal life to illustrate how much of a hero one would be if given the chance and to insult that person and people he knows, causing that person to defend oneself and then be passive-aggressively told to stop talking about himself.

pandora?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    The death penalty is still a good tool to remove the scum of this country. The fact that it takes 15+ years to execute people is insane. If there is solid, concrete video evidence or DNA evidence that proves without a shadow of a doubt that a particular individual committed a horrendous crime, it should take no more than 3 years to execute.

It is horrible that innocent people have been the executed. But those executions are getting few and far between. There's no reason not to have to executions. Get rid of these murderers, pedophiles, and rapists. I really don't care if they were "crazy" or didn't get the proper mental health care. They committed the crime and they need to go.
  • Options
    Hugh...

Just flat out weird.

Do you want me to go back and detail all you asserted backed by your personal experiences that serve as testimony for the correct way to deal with a bully?

I never said you were wrong, I only offered an alternative perspective to which you seemed to dismiss- again through your personal experiences which seem to have qualified you as an expert.

And Pandora is dead. If you wish to try and insult me... then do so with a more tasteful reference. Brutal, man.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    The death penalty is still a good tool to remove the scum of this country. The fact that it takes 15+ years to execute people is insane. If there is solid, concrete video evidence or DNA evidence that proves without a shadow of a doubt that a particular individual committed a horrendous crime, it should take no more than 3 years to execute.

It is horrible that innocent people have been the executed. But those executions are getting few and far between. There's no reason not to have to executions. Get rid of these murderers, pedophiles, and rapists. I really don't care if they were "crazy" or didn't get the proper mental health care. They committed the crime and they need to go.

Is this actually your position or are you just trolling here? Do you actually believe that someone who was so seriously mentally ill at the time they committed a crime that they were not in responsible for their actions should be executed? Even if the illness is treatable such that they no longer posed a significant risk?

What about people with developmental delays (aka mental retardation) that commit crimes - should they be executed too?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    evil, disgustingly useless beasts should be shut down permanently. having even a life locked in a cage is to good for the foul fools some of these monsters are. dying is good for them, breathing is wrong for them. the death penalty is as wonderful as fluttering butterflies' wings & puppy dogs' waggin tails.

they have it too darn good as it currently is. frigg them, frigg this, throw 'em off a cliff. you can't even feed rabid sharks these dickheads as sharks deserve a decent meal like a bloated floating decomposing sperm whale
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Hugh...

Just flat out weird.

Do you want me to go back and detail all you asserted backed by your personal experiences that serve as testimony for the correct way to deal with a bully?

I never said you were wrong, I only offered an alternative perspective to which you seemed to dismiss- again through your personal experiences which seem to have qualified you as an expert.

And Pandora is dead. If you wish to try and insult me... then do so with a more tasteful reference. Brutal, man.

No expert. Never said i was. people use personal experience as context in a discussion all the time. Again, does not give you free reign to make everything personal as you have. Especially mentioning things that were not contained in this thread.

The only thing i ever dismiss is violence against other living things. Especially sometimes the disgusting nature in which these fantasies of dealing with the criminals is often described here. It's fucking sick.

I don't insult people on here. That seems to be your thing, not mine. Mentioning pandora was only illustrating your posting pattern as of late, which she was known for. Her passing doesn't change that magically. Not distasteful at all.

If you would learn to quit with the melodrama and twisting people's words to fit your agenda, then we can continue this. Until then.......

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    chadwick wrote: »
    evil, disgustingly useless beasts should be shut down permanently. having even a life locked in a cage is to good for the foul fools some of these monsters are. dying is good for them, breathing is wrong for them. the death penalty is as wonderful as fluttering butterflies' wings & puppy dogs' waggin tails.

they have it too darn good as it currently is. frigg them, frigg this, throw 'em off a cliff. you can't even feed rabid sharks these dickheads as sharks deserve a decent meal like a bloated floating decomposing sperm whale

Good god.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Hugh...

Just flat out weird.

No expert. Never said i was. people use personal experience as context in a discussion all the time. Again, does not give you free reign to make everything personal as you have. Especially mentioning things that were not contained in this thread.

The only thing i ever dismiss is violence against other living things. Especially sometimes the disgusting nature in which these fantasies of dealing with the criminals is often described here. It's fucking sick.

I don't insult people on here. That seems to be your thing, not mine. Mentioning pandora was only illustrating your posting pattern as of late, which she was known for. Her passing doesn't change that magically. Not distasteful at all.

If you would learn to quit with the melodrama and twisting people's words to fit your agenda, then we can continue this. Until then.......

Can you please specify where I insulted someone outside of suggesting your friends could have been stronger when you were getting picked on (you essentially said the same calling them 'cowardly' before I made any reference to their reluctance to get involved as you depicted).

Can you also specify where I mentioned things that were not in this thread? From what I can recall, you introduced your past in several points to which I commented on. If you didn't wish for commentary towards what you offered, you likely shouldn't have offered it.

And we can agree to disagree on the Pandora thing. I don't think it is in good taste to reference her as you did trying to make some disparaging remarks towards me. What was your point for doing so? The first post you wrote was reasonable- I read it and accepted it. Obviously you felt you needed to be more cutting and you edited your post to have your fangs sink in a bit.
  • Options
    Would everyone relax please.
    All will be calm in the world once the Paris shooters are rehabilitated and shown their wrongs.
    I simply can't wait until we provide the guidance and rehab to make these guys fine upstanding functioning citizens.

No death penalty for them only rehab.
  • Options
    All will be calm in the world once the Paris shooters are rehabilitated and shown their wrongs.
    I simply can't wait until we provide the guidance and rehab to make these guys fine upstanding functioning citizens.

Yes, death penalty or rehab. That is exactly what everyone here is saying.

:-O
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Be like the terrorists or rise above?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Ilyn_Payne.png
  • Options

To dinosaur island with them, travel courtesy of a trebuchet.
  • Options
    callen wrote: »
    Be like the terrorists or rise above?

You mean run into a mosque and execute 9 people while yelling idiotic things?

That would be like the terrorists and I don't think anyone is suggesting anything remotely close to that.

We could send them to a prison in Norway though so at least the killers could canoe during the day, sun bathe, and maybe get a university degree.

I'm assuming this is what you mean be rise above?
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Thirty you know what I mean. They execute then we execute. Lock em up for life. Simple really. Nothing is solved using violence as deterrent, such as spanking. :D
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen wrote: »
    Thirty you know what I mean. They execute then we execute. Lock em up for life. Simple really. Nothing is solved using violence as deterrent, such as spanking.

Well I do know what you mean, but it's an over-simplification.

And I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on the spanking thing. From my way of thinking... if a child persists in Behaviour A... which leads to a spanking... which stops Behaviour A from exhibiting itself... then a spanking has proven to be deterrent.

I can tell you from personal experience that my father's right hand kept me in line much more than eloquent fireside chats and timeouts.
  • Options
    this is the first time I recall ever feeling as if I want someone to die because of something they did.

winnipegfreepress.com/world/st-petersburg-police-say-girl-dies-after-suspect-threw-her-from-bridge-into-tampa-bay-287885771.html?cx_navSource=d-popular-views
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

No death penalty for him, only rehab. Can't wait until he is cured. Poor guy....
  • Options
    #-o
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited January 2015
    If life in prison included ,old school 12 hr days of hard labor.And I mean grueling Work followed by no tv or movies and meger (but sanitary) housing conditions I might think yeah this is better then just killing the piece of garbage.Remember why they are on death row to begin with.The victims Dont get to get married or have free day in the yard or special visits from loved ones,work out or get an education......
    I could get behind 12 hr days of them riding a bike to generate power.Then supply the power to neighboring municipalities and to run the prison.But short of hard labor and very few entitlements I agree with Chadwick for the most part.

2days ago here in Fl a father while fleeing from police thru his 5 year old daughter of the Sunshine Skyway bridge(Google it).HE THRU HER OVER !!!!!!!!!Cops witnessed it.So why do we now need a trial,what possible excuse could he have other then pure evil.If he's sick,so what the kids dead.I wonder what the poor child was thinking as she was falling to her death terrified?Sad part is she probably was calling out to the sack of shit for help until she hit bottom.Anything short of wearing a raw meat suite in a lion cage is too good for some.
    I see there is a link above.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    This bastard in FL is the textbook example of why I am in favor of the death penalty. It should be used rarely and only in cases where there truly is no doubt about guilt. This guy qualifies.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote: »
    This bastard in FL is the textbook example of why I am in favor of the death penalty. It should be used rarely and only in cases where there truly is no doubt about guilt. This guy qualifies.

Typically I'm in favor of using a trebuchet to flinging a defective human into a volcano pit for a major offense to civilization. But in this douch bags case, we need to invent a human T-Shirt canon to matriculate to his incineration.
  • Options

Imagine being the cops on the scene?

And no need for any big, long proceedings here... a real quick sentence... and a march to the table for his injection. No need to drag this out at all. See ya.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    RR I was wondering where you stand on the spanking children as a form of discipline, you don't need to explain or justify or anything I was just curious. PM if you want.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

Imagine being the cops on the scene?

And no need for any big, long proceedings here... a real quick sentence... and a march to the table for his injection. No need to drag this out at all. See ya.

With all the debate of cops shooting unarmed people, that would have been an warranted option in this case.
  • Options
    Rehab, Rehab, Rehab
    Go Rehab!
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    edited January 2015
    rgambs wrote: »
    RR I was wondering where you stand on the spanking children as a form of discipline, you don't need to explain or justify or anything I was just curious. PM if you want.

Well Gambsy,We are very close with our kids.(23,21,19)?We were never over protective,gave them lots of space to experience and learn on there own.Im blessed, my kids did the normal shit but we're good kids.All are either finishing or in college and have big plans for the future.
    With the exception of a spanking(open handed) my son got when he was 6-7 for trying to steal some Pokemon cards(He never thought about stealing after that,so it works) and when he ran across a rail on the top deck of a cabin we were at(50' fall to a wooded hill side below up in Boone).I wasn't much of a whooping type of dad.Its too easy now to hit them where it hurts.You know take away the IPhone,IPad,computer etc.Grounding didn't work unless they were cut off from friends.
    I got my share of paddleings both at home and in school(Remember that).I don't lie cheat or steal.So it must work.I have zero problem with spankings.I think for big impact items like the stealing and life endangering stuff it may be needed for effectWhen they are younger.I remember my brother got an ass whooping for playing with a lighter and catching our closet on fire.That kinda stuff I think it's totally needed for.
    But,other then the big stuff,it has more impact disconnecting them from friends and outside world.It forces them to be creative,read,invent etc.
    Just wait my friend.The teenage years are super special.i do however still let my former College football playing son know I can and would whip his ass anytime(in a fun way)Im not so sure how much longer that will work but for know he still fears the old man.:)
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?