Options

Is it me or is $75 for a solo ticket expensive?

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,640
    again, like i said, i think 75 dollars is a lot of money, whether we're talking about tickets or whatever. again, if you read my post, you'd know that i am saying this as someone who doesn't make a lot of money. i'm still going to the show -- that doesn't change the fact that i think 75 dollars is a lot of money when i make shit pay at an entry-level communications job. who are you to gauge how much is a lot of money, anyways?

Because it is $75. In your relative situation it may be a lot of money, but in actuality it isn't. I realize how I may sound, but I don't care. Ed isn't touring for college kids.
  • Options
    King47King47 Posts: 23
    Having seen the last show in San Diego (4/16) it is well worth any amount of money!! Hopefully will get a chance to do it again!!! As far as expense... gas, grass, or ass nobody rides for free:)
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE! www.wm3.org
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    He only plays about five or six songs off ITW. It really is a far ranging show, with all kinds of instruments ... some PJ, lots of cool covers (Cat Stevens, Dylan, Springsteen, Petty). Plus, you get some good Ed storytime. That dude is just a funny motherfucker. (After Dead Man ... "That one was off the soundtrack from a movie ... Rugrats Go to Prison, I think").

You know how you go camping with a bunch of friends, and you sit around a campfire passing the guitar around and swapping songs and jokes. It's like that, only it's Eddie Vedder doing all the work.

It really is a good time, and I'd recommend to all who are lucky enough to get tickets. I paid nearly $200 on stubhub to go to LA 1, then was kicking myself the next night for not ponying up for LA 2.
    That's a perfect description of it... sitting around a campfire... or late at night in Eddie's garage-turned-den-turned-sort-of-studio and he's singing and talking about whatever bullshit happens to pop in his head.
    It's not something you get to see very often.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    fluff4u wrote:
    For the same price you could see all of Pearl Jam. So why such a expensive ticket for Eddie? How much was the West coast tour per ticket? What happened with keeping ticket cost down?
    8 post troll
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i believe it was la1 and ed came out for the encore and he brought liam on for society....ed tells us how impressed he is at liam's dexterity....how he can play drum, guitar and sing all at the same time.....ed then pauses and say something to the effect "girls must really like you" and ed then demonstrates what he means by, well, pretending he's on second and third base if you know what i mean...:o :D
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,472
    pfft...that's nothing! It's $4.96 here in San Diego.

DRINK IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

This must be Ed's way to keep things even-keeled. When Vitalogy was flying off the shelves, you can say things like "We're for the little guy" and try to keep ticket prices low. but when you haven't had a platinum album in 10 years, you need to get paid some way.

Every show will sellout in minutes...which will justify the $90 ticket prices for the next Pearl Jam tour.
    dumbest post ever..................and not the reason tix will be 90 next tour. try picking up a newspaper.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    but when you haven't had a platinum album in 10 years, you need to get paid some way.

im sure they are all doing fine despite that.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I just truly believe that his whole "I'm for the little guy" deal over the years was an act. He's about money. and that's fine because most of us are too. but I feel a bit duped.
    much like pj. ed assumes you've bettered yourself over the last 17 years.
  • Options
    they charged $18 for concerts when their albums were flying off the shelves. but now that they haven't gone platinum since '98, the prices keep going up. over_bends noted inflation as a factor. I disagree. the ticket prices for the 2003 tour was $37. five years later they've doubled. you said it yourself, they sure left a lot of money on the table over the years. I agree...and they're trying to get some of it back.
    gas price in 03 1.72 gas price in 08 4 dollars
  • Options
    All I know is that ticket prices have doubled since the 2003 tour and it's not just because of inflation.

seriously go back to school, get a better job, stop having kids ,whatever it is to give you that extra 15 dollars to go see ed.

JESUS!
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    seriously go back to school, get a better job, stop having kids ,whatever it is to give you that extra 15 dollars to go see ed.

JESUS!

Oh right, I forgot, to some people Ed=Jesus :rolleyes:

Now when the Lord comes back down, THAT I will pay $75 for.

People already have children here, they can't put them back in the womb. Obviously you don't have any or you'd know how expensive it is to raise children. Gee, let's see... buy formula for a kid vs..buy a concert ticket? Duh.

$75 is a lot of money, period. For those who think it isn't-well they are the fortunate ones who make a lot of money, or for those who are able/willing to use 'discretionary income' on concerts.

People talking about gas prices--Gas is really expensive right now. The economy is terrible. People are losing their jobs left and right.
    So $75 to some people-is a lot.

And I am not in college.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

People already have children here, they can't put them back in the womb. Obviously you don't have any or you'd know how expensive it is to raise children. Gee, let's see... buy formula for a kid vs..buy a concert ticket? Duh.

$75 is a lot of money, period. For those who think it isn't-well they are the fortunate ones who make a lot of money, or for those who are able/willing to use 'discretionary income' on concerts.

People talking about gas prices--Gas is really expensive right now. The economy is terrible. People are losing their jobs left and right.

And I am not in college.

You've got other priorities than concerts. Still, people are probably wishing for $45 tickets. So, we are really talking about a $30 difference. $30. If you need that for formula, than you shouldn't be going to see Ed for $35, let alone $75.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Hahaha. I always love these threads on here. I particularly the apologist asshats who talk down to people who might not have an extra $75 plus $15 in service charges. "Oh if $75 is too much to you then you have no business being there!"

Hell with that. $75 is ALOT for 1 guy on a stage with a guitar for 2 hours. Congrats to all of you who will pay whenever the band asks you and thinks it's the bargain of the century. Don't jump on those who think the tickets are a bit expensive though.
  • Options
    Hahaha. I always love these threads on here. I particularly the apologist asshats who talk down to people who might not have an extra $75 plus $15 in service charges. "Oh if $75 is too much to you then you have no business being there!"

Hell with that. $75 is ALOT for 1 guy on a stage with a guitar for 2 hours. Congrats to all of you who will pay whenever the band asks you and thinks it's the bargain of the century. Don't jump on those who think the tickets are a bit expensive though.

It is $75!!!!!!!!!!! It is 2008!!!!!!!!!!! iT IS AVERAGE FOR TICKET PRICES!!!!!!!! Who cares if Ed is making money. Don't whine that you can't afford the show. Is there some sort of right when you are born that you can see Eddie Vedder for a price that fits your budget?

Also, for a lot of us, we have to travel to see PJ or Ed if we can see them at all. It may be valid to complain that they don't come within 600 miles of you, but to complain about $75 when they come to your city, ridiculous. And to even bring up feeding the kids? c'mon.... c'mon....
  • Options
    c'mon....
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

And I am not in college.
    Children bring joy to everyone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    not talking down, its the truth.
  • Options
    It is $75!!!!!!!!!!! It is 2008!!!!!!!!!!! iT IS AVERAGE FOR TICKET PRICES!!!!!!!! Who cares if Ed is making money. Don't whine that you can't afford the show. Is there some sort of right when you are born that you can see Eddie Vedder for a price that fits your budget?

Also, for a lot of us, we have to travel to see PJ or Ed if we can see them at all. It may be valid to complain that they don't come within 600 miles of you, but to complain about $75 when they come to your city, ridiculous. And to even bring up feeding the kids? c'mon.... c'mon....
    allie is a defender of the yanks and children.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Oh you've been waiting a long time for this NOCODE#1!! You'll rue this day!
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    dumbest post ever..................and not the reason tix will be 90 next tour. try picking up a newspaper.

I know, inflation, gas prices, this, that, the other, anything and everything besides the band simply wanting to maxamize their income
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    much like pj. ed assumes you've bettered yourself over the last 17 years.

dude, I can afford a $75 ticket. I've said in another post in this thread that I'm not even into Ed's solo stuff and wouldn't be trying to get tix even if they were incredibly cheap. I was just really surprised by that ticket price.

NOCODE#1 wrote:
    gas price in 03 1.72 gas price in 08 4 dollars

Everyone keeps mentioning gas but what does that have to do with this? I understand that everything is going up as the value of the dollar goes down with each day, gas included. but gas prices are off the hook for many reasons that you probably already know since you pick up newspapers

NOCODE#1 wrote:

JESUS!

well this one is the same as the last one but with insults. You just saw a bunch of my posts and felt the need to respond one by one and by time you got to this one....you've had enough. I have graduated college. I don't have kids. My job isn't the best in the world but it's okay. I don't need 15 dollars to see Ed. I don't want to see Ed. I've heard the Berkley boot, sounds great, but it's not for me. it's fine for you guys man. have fun. but I just still am really surprised that that's the cost to see Eddie solo. it just strikes me as odd.

I've been on this board long enough to where I should have known that anything resembling an "Eddie is a sellout" thread is retarded to post. I had it coming from all directions earlier.

But at least I respond NOCODE#1....unlike you.

I'll see you week 1......All Encompassing Trip
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    TrixieCat wrote:
    :confused:
    How much do you think it costs to rent out a theatre??
    How much to pay not only Ed's crew but the union guys at every venue.
    Or to pay for him to get there.
    Get real everyone...he is not trying to screw you...get over it.
    Please.
    Thank you.

I happened to stumble upon this sample concert expense spreadsheet on the Santa Cruz Civic website that details all the finances:

http://www.ci.santa-cruz.ca.us/pr/civic/05largeconcert.pdf

He would have ended with surprisingly little from the venue. And then there's more people he needs to pay out of that.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    salt_creepsalt_creep Posts: 72
    when compared to the cost of other things involved for me to go To/from Chicago...

Tickets $75 plus "fees" =approx $90ea
    Gas (approx $90)
    Hotel ($150 +Chicago "tax"= approx $175) ..and that's for a shithole
    Parking ($25-$40 for depending on how many hours)
    Missing two days of work (approx $200)
    Food/alchohol costs while in Chicago (approx $60 depending on my mood)

Man, that adds up to like $650 for one night of music!
    It is fucking expensive to have fun anymore... sometimes I wish I was a kid again and perfectly happy with a night of staying up late watching scary movies
  • Options
    Oh you've been waiting a long time for this NOCODE#1!! You'll rue this day!

I know, inflation, gas prices, this, that, the other, anything and everything besides the band simply wanting to maxamize their income

dude, I can afford a $75 ticket. I've said in another post in this thread that I'm not even into Ed's solo stuff and wouldn't be trying to get tix even if they were incredibly cheap. I was just really surprised by that ticket price.

Everyone keeps mentioning gas but what does that have to do with this? I understand that everything is going up as the value of the dollar goes down with each day, gas included. but gas prices are off the hook for many reasons that you probably already know since you pick up newspapers

well this one is the same as the last one but with insults. You just saw a bunch of my posts and felt the need to respond one by one and by time you got to this one....you've had enough. I have graduated college. I don't have kids. My job isn't the best in the world but it's okay. I don't need 15 dollars to see Ed. I don't want to see Ed. I've heard the Berkley boot, sounds great, but it's not for me. it's fine for you guys man. have fun. but I just still am really surprised that that's the cost to see Eddie solo. it just strikes me as odd.

I've been on this board long enough to where I should have known that anything resembling an "Eddie is a sellout" thread is retarded to post. I had it coming from all directions earlier.

But at least I respond NOCODE#1....unlike you.

I'll see you week 1......All Encompassing Trip
    week 1 of what? the solo tour? j/k

:) i got nothing but luv for ya
    we probably cross paths in PA all the time. i am so fake on this board. I need the attention
    its a message board, where i let the devil out.
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    I can't believe I'm adding to this. But in Boston I just saw Lewis Black (one person) in the same place Ed is performing and it cost me $80+ per ticket with all the fees, etc. Remember it is a smaller venue, than what they just played. $90 isn't out of line.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    week 1 of what? the solo tour?

:) i got nothing but luv for ya

haha week one of you know exactly what.

We hate on each other too much man. You're right. where's the love? How were your Boston shows? I had fun at MSG. fuck the patriots...wait, uh...I mean, yeah, MSG was fun!

it's might be tough
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I thought 90 or whatever was pricey, I know thats what most shows are, but pearl jam, thought maybe keep it down,

75 now just for Eddie ?? wow, i love Eddie & the band as much as anyone here and I will go to 1 show, but I think that is insanley expensive, You can still see some bands here in NY @ Roseland, IrVing Plaza for 25-30 bucks, & thats 3 bands or so, 75 jeez :/
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    I just truly believe that his whole "I'm for the little guy" deal over the years was an act. He's about money. and that's fine because most of us are too. but I feel a bit duped.

Dude I rarely even make a negative comment about people's post, but are you fucking kidding me? Since when did you take up tour management and have a understanding of all the expenses a artist has to cover in order to go out on tour to say that $75 is overpriced and Ed's just about the money???

Hell, $75 is just a frickin' tank of gas nowadays! Get real. If you can't afford or don't feel the shows are worth that amount that's understandable, but to come on the board and make false accusations like that just shows your lack of intelligence.
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    Question: Is it me or is $75 for a solo ticket expensive?
    Answer: It's definitely you.........
    xoxoxo
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    How much do I think it costs to rent out a theatre?

-Much less than it costs to rent out Madison Square Garden

How much do I think it costs to pay Ed's crew and the union guys at the venue?

-Much less than it costs to pay Pearl Jam's crew and the union guys repsonsible for the saftey of 20,000 people.

So why the high prices?

Because Ed's probably not working with the bands "budget" when he ventures out solo.
  • Options
    to come on the board and make false accusations like that just shows your lack of intelligence.

Wait a sec, I thought it meant that I'm super smart and completely gnarly. whose doin' your research anyway? sounds like a hack to me.

Pearl Jam bootlegs: