Options

**** Toronto 1 Fanviews Here 9/11/11 ****

Comments

• Options
    i couldn't believe they did all the "man" songs in row... i haven't heard of them doing that since the last molson park show in 1998...they absolutely blew the doors off that place...just wow..and uncle neil...you gotta be kidding me...that was the loudest crowd reaction to anything i have ever seen on stage and i have been to a kazillion concerts....mind officially BLOWN
  • Options
    Wow!!

I have said this to myself a lot the years I have spent following this band and these boards but I wish I had been there.

Just watched that YouTube vid of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns. Incredible....

I have to see this band again soon.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    noahm wrote:
    All of my photos are here

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    .....Mike do some great shit on this one.....

Thank you God......

i feel so much like home tonight...Thanks Pearl Jam...

There you are!!!! My man!
    What an honour to be next to this guy in 6th row!!
    It's Rani here. I have no idea how to change my profile name from "RA5059". That's the name the board gave me.
  • Options
    This show was unreal, I can't believe it was a night 1. I can't see how they can top it tonight, but I'm sure they will. This show blew away Alpine Valley for me personally. What a great crowd. You Canandians should be proud. I've wanted to come up hear for years after hearing the good boots from Toronto. I hope the crowd brings it again tonight. Last night felt like a Saturday.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    brunobell wrote:
    Alright, let me try and sum this up.

I got TM tickets, so that we can get a big group together. We were lucky to get 12 tickets together, 2 rows of 6, up in section 324. Honestly, the crowd up there sucked, A LOT of people were sitting down. Even during small town and alive! Either way, that didn't stop us from rocking.

WHAT A SHOW! That went from a good show to a GREAT show real quick. We are seriously fortunate to have gotten that show. I'm still in awe! UNCLE NEIL!!

Incredible.

P.S. Does anyone have a picture of my "ALONE" sign I had up? Upper bowl, corner, stone's side, draped over. Security came and took it down after a few songs, however :(

I don't, but I did notice this sign before PJ went on set, awesome :)
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    So we were waiting behind Princess of Whales theater on Saturday to catch the band leaving. We were hoping they'd stop to sign a few autographs, but they took off pretty quickly.

There was a press guy there with his huge camera hoping for a shot and as the band rushed away he says; "I guess they dont care about their fans."

Suck it, press guy. One thing I can say for sure, especially after being at tonights show, is Pearl Jam LOVES their fans!

Thanks for an amazing night boys! And thanks to the good folks around me in section 108! Can't wait for tonight!!

I was in section 108 row 19, what were you?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    For the record, I am never drinking again.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had 4 beers at the ACC :shock:

I am not drinking tonight lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Had an amazing time last night! What a show! I was loving it when Neil came on stage. Such a great end to an awesome concert! Can't wait for tonight!
  • Options
    noahmnoahm Posts: 19
    Woody Harrelson was rocking on Mike's side :D
    I would not say he was rocking. He was sitting down until the middle of the first encore and disappeared before the second encore.

He disappeared backstage. He was standing next to Neil in the tunnel before Mr. Young came on stage.
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    smarchee wrote:

Yeah, that'll hurt the wallet.
  • Options
    Swordo wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Yeah, that'll hurt the wallet.

yep, about $42 in total, plus the 5-6 at the Loose Moose, but had to keep the beers going
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Is this the first time they've played Crown Of Thorns with Chloe Dancer at the top?
  • Options
    Is this the first time they've played Crown Of Thorns with Chloe Dancer at the top?

I believe so, the only other time they played Chloe they played it AFTER Crown.
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia
  • Options
    foodboy wrote:
    some great moments some very regular moments. tired of better man, given to fly,daughter,elderly woman. beat part of the night setting forth, chloe dancer/crown of thorns,faithful, and of course uncle neil.

Songs like better man, GTF and daughter keep the audience in the moment. The crowd was pretty dead for Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns but Alive brought them back instantly. While rarities are nice, crowd energy is just as important. Toronto's crowd was solid last night, but you need those hits to keep the crowd involved.
  • Options
    mclairemclaire Posts: 61
    edited September 2011
    Chloe/Crown was a perfect thing. Best thing I ever saw and heard. Nothing as it seems! And Keep on Rockin... a legendary Rock and Roll performance right there. Wonder what is in store for tonight? It's nice to be so close to Canada. Buffalo. Canada always great shows.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Rochester, NY '94
    Buffalo, NY '96
    Barrie, Ontario '98
    Buffalo, NY '03
    Buffalo, NY 2010
    Cleveland, OH 2011
    Ed Vedder Solo Tour-Hartford, CT 2011-Was so nice to meet you Eddie!Thank you!!!!!!
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Post edited by mclaire on
  • Options
    RaniRani Posts: 434
    smarchee wrote:

I am HURTIN. I could not bear the smell of beer right now.
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    foodboy wrote:
    some great moments some very regular moments. tired of better man, given to fly,daughter,elderly woman. beat part of the night setting forth, chloe dancer/crown of thorns,faithful, and of course uncle neil.

Songs like better man, GTF and daughter keep the audience in the moment. The crowd was pretty dead for Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns but Alive brought them back instantly. While rarities are nice, crowd energy is just as important. Toronto's crowd was solid last night, but you need those hits to keep the crowd involved.

exactly, i think we have to understand that not everyone knows all the songs like many of the hard core fans. many of the people at Pearl Jam regular concerts may know only the hits and pearl jam should cater a bit for them also so that the show is memorable for them too.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    PLEASE PLAY SOME VS/VITALOGY TONIGHT!

these two albums have not been getting nearly enough love since the start of this tour (including PJ20)
  • Options
    I thought that was the best the band has ever played Porch. Even my wife turned to me and went wow!
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    brunobell wrote:

When????
    I would love to hear it if they did it before....
  • Options
    Spoken wrote:
    brunobell wrote:

When????
    I would love to hear it if they did it before....

The only other time they played Chloe Dancer was in Atlanta on April 19, 2003.

http://www.pearljam.com/show/hi-fi-buys ... pr-19-2003
    MP
    8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
    10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
    6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
    9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
    12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
    05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
    09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

• Options
    MP188882 wrote:

The only other time they played Chloe Dancer was in Atlanta on April 19, 2003.

http://www.pearljam.com/show/hi-fi-buys ... pr-19-2003[/quote]
    Thanks!
  • Options
    I think they just played the intro music at this show, ed didn't actually sing it, in Atlanta 03
  • Options
    I think they just played the intro music at this show, ed didn't actually sing it, in Atlanta 03
    I just listened, you are right.
    Toronto was the first time, wish I was there last night.
  • Options
    Amazing night. Just sad I won't be there tonight.
  • Options
    Me neither, last night was wonderful. Bad move on my part, but kids have school again tomorrow. I am a mommy too.
  • Options
    mclaire wrote:
    Me neither, last night was wonderful. Bad move on my part, but kids have school again tomorrow. I am a mommy too.

It was!! I have two more this week though. Damn being responsible and doing work and school this work. :lol:

Still great show last night!! :D:D
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    It sucks I went through the whole F5 debacle only to miss the shows for a medical emergency - but it's good to live viciously thru thus thread.

I've always wanted to hear Hard to Imagine - bet you any money they play it tonight because I won't be there.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Wow. Watching a youtube video now of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns. God damn.
    PLAY THE SOUTH