Options

**** Toronto 1 Fanviews Here 9/11/11 ****

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,122
    wow...the "man" trilogy and Uncle Neil...very nice
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Woody Harrelson was rocking on Mike's side :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    fantastic show last nite. PJ20 screening today and we will rock out again tonite... i love Toronto!!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    Very jealous... congrats for those in attendance.

Chloe--> Crown is the definition of EPIC! And this is what we were robbed of at PJ20. Thanks to those who have already uploaded the video.

Better sound- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqKHGvgy0M

Great Video from first couple rows- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpLLIQU89g

Note- watch Matt lip the lyric "Chloe's just like me... You're beautiful!" Classic!)
    9.29.96, 8.28.98, 9.1.00, 7.5.03, 9.30.05, 6.1.06, 6.19.08, 6.20.08, 6.24.08, 10.27.09, 10.28.09, 10.30.09, 5.20.10, 9.3.11, 9.4.11, 9.2.12, 7.19.13...

2013- Brooklyn2, Philly1, Philly2, NOLA
  • Options
    SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    edited September 2011
    Hey Gang,

A wicked 10c'r (nami) has helped me out with my request. This place is the best.

Thanks!!
    --Colin
    Post edited by Swordo on
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    nevmiles wrote:
    mjb wrote:
    While I wasn't at Alpine - last nite will always be PJ20 for me. It was perfect. Toronto has always shown this band a crazy amount of love and I feel like we finally got a show we can own as a classic PJ show. Band sounded great. My only issue was I thought the crowd could have been better in the first hr. but by the time that show was over it was a fucking religious experience in that place. God bless PJ. See ya tonight.

Crowd was fine to me. And the fans around me were awesome.

PLus, it seemed to be a more subdued opening set tonight (greater than usual number of slower/mellow songs, at least that's the impression I got) so it may have been harder for people to get into it?

I spoke with a few friends this morning who agree with you. I can only think that so much of the crowd experience is based on your direct section - I guess mine was quiet (actually my row was full of dudes preoccupied with how many js they could smoke - and times they could visit the restroom in a 2 hour timespan). I just want everyone to try and give back as much as the boys are putting out.
  • Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Incredible is an understatement. There are no words to describe last night in Toronto. But i will give it a shot. I thought the crowd was deafeningly loud and we sang like crazy all night. I thought the crowd could not get louder even if we wanted to.
    No direct mention of 9-11 but the song selection was pertinent to the anniversary and the passion of Ed and Neil and Rockin in the Free World was a perfect ending to a show on the 10th anniversary of 9-11.
    Ed talked about the Seattle needle and Toronto CN tower as our cities erections as he has before.
    Once was perfectly played. Faithfull sweet and lovely and almost in slo-mo.
    Nothing as it Seems, a first for me. Mikes soloing all night was really really amazing. Porch jam was sickeningly good. It's OK was belted out by Ed - you will hear that on the bootleg!
    I LOVE GRIEVANCE - it is one of my favourites.
    Leatherman was a first for me as well- love the story, love the song, love that they played it even though it is somewhat wierd and obscure.
    Of course the final encore of Crown of Thorns, Alive, RITFW with Neil. Come on - that is rediculous.
    The crowd and the love that exploded the ACC last night was what took this show to the next level.
    I have not heard a crowd like this - only comparisons for me were Boston 2010 and Philidelphia Spectrum but this may have even rivalled those.
    Thank you Pearl Jam for again taking it up to the next level.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    edited September 2011
    Very jealous... congrats for those in attendance.

Chloe--> Crown is the definition of EPIC! And this is what we were robbed of at PJ20. Thanks to those who have already uploaded the video.

Better sound- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqKHGvgy0M

Great Video from first couple rows- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpLLIQU89g

Note- watch Matt lip the lyric "Chloe's just like me... You're beautiful!" Classic!)
    I called into the radio show many months ago and asked why he didn't sing the Chloe Dancer part...
    So amazing!!! So jealous!!!
    By PJ20 was a lot of fun though!

PJ20.jpg
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • Options
    Alright, let me try and sum this up.

I got TM tickets, so that we can get a big group together. We were lucky to get 12 tickets together, 2 rows of 6, up in section 324. Honestly, the crowd up there sucked, A LOT of people were sitting down. Even during small town and alive! Either way, that didn't stop us from rocking.

WHAT A SHOW! That went from a good show to a GREAT show real quick. We are seriously fortunate to have gotten that show. I'm still in awe! UNCLE NEIL!!

Incredible.

P.S. Does anyone have a picture of my "ALONE" sign I had up? Upper bowl, corner, stone's side, draped over. Security came and took it down after a few songs, however :(
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,493
    WOW

Great list, CHOLE, and uncle neil.

You cannot ask of anything more in a rock show.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Swordo wrote:
    Hey Gang,

I'm hoping someone can help me out today. Are you heading to the ACC early? Are you buying merch? Would you be willing to pick up a poster for me? I'd give ya $10 for your troubles.

I am stuck at work until 5:30/6:00pm and don't want to get shut out of a poster. If someone was willing to pick one (and a tube) up for me this afternoon it would be much appreciated, and like I said would pay you $10 for your efforts. I'll pay you cash when we meet up at the show. PM if you think you can help out..

Thanks!!
    --Colin

you won't get shut out of a poster ... not to worry ...
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Air Canada Centre
    Toronto ON. CA
    Show 1
    Sept. 11, 2011

01. Long Road
    02. Do The Evolution
    03. Once
    04. Got Some
    05. Faithfull
    06. Nothing As It Seems
    07. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    (Ed talks about PJ20. Thanks Cameron Crowe. Says now they feel like they can put those 20 years behind them and start work on the next 20. Talks about Neil Young's 51 years putting out albums)
    08. Setting Forth
    09. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)
    10. Given To Fly
    11. Just Breathe
    12. Off He Goes
    13. Daughter/It's OK-(Cole)
    14. Grievance
    15. Down

16. Unthought Known
    17. The Fixer
    18. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 1
    19. Nothingman
    20. Betterman/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
    21. Leatherman
    22. Black
    23. Rearviewmirror

ENCORE BREAK 2
    24. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns-(Wood, Mother Love Bone)
    25. Alive
    26. Rockin' In The Free World w/Neil Young-(Young)
    (Partway through the song Mike McCready runs off stage and hands his guitar to Neil Young. Neil comes up and plays with the band)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

I was WONDERING when I'd see a setlist that made me envious that I could only catch the PJ20 weekend shows this year! Awesome set! Congrats to everybody who made it!
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    brunobell wrote:

I got TM tickets, so that we can get a big group together. We were lucky to get 12 tickets together, 2 rows of 6, up in section 324. Honestly, the crowd up there sucked, A LOT of people were sitting down. Even during small town and alive! Either way, that didn't stop us from rocking.

WHAT A SHOW! That went from a good show to a GREAT show real quick. We are seriously fortunate to have gotten that show. I'm still in awe! UNCLE NEIL!!

Incredible.

P.S. Does anyone have a picture of my "ALONE" sign I had up? Upper bowl, corner, stone's side, draped over. Security came and took it down after a few songs, however :(

This might sound weird but i know a lot of people who always sit during concerts cause thats how they want to experience the music. I personally don't get it but all well.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    It was an epic show!! The crowd was great, setlist phenomenal and an appearance by Neil. What more can you say. It will be impossible to top this show on the tour.
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    Why did Eddie say it's been 5 years since they've been here?!? He must have forgot about '09, and the double header in '06 :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Swordo wrote:
    Why did Eddie say it's been 5 years since they've been here?!? He must have forgot about '09, and the double header in '06 :lol::lol:
    I think he was talking about the ACC. It has been 5 years since 2006 shows.
  • Options
    Swordo wrote:
    I think he was talking about the ACC. It has been 5 years since 2006 shows.

Fuck, valid point. hahah. And I was thinking of the '05 show at the acc and was like....well that was 6 years ago. Turns out I'm the idiot here :?
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    No words. Still shocked about last night and I don't know what to expect tonight...

my highlights:

-Nothingman/Betterman/Leatherman
    -Not For You/Modern Girl
    -Nothing As It Seems
    -Daughter/It's OK
    -one of the best versions of Porch ever played
    -one of the best versions of RVM ever played
    -of course Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns

...and Uncle Neil and an endless RITFW.

thank you Pearl Jam and love to all the people I met once again last night and will meet again tonight!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    mariposamariposa Posts: 2,523
    Almost cried when they opened with Long Road. Awesome show, awesome setlist!!! And Uncle Neil, oh my! Such a great pleasure seeing Mudhoney as well.
    I was in Row 25...I wish I was bit taller though, so I understand all those short people :D . Other than that...the people around my area were pretty damn awesome...such a great feeling jumping and dancing and singing along at the top of my lungs with awesome people watching the greatest band in the whole wide world! This is my 4th show and the best 10c seats yet...could get used to seeing PJ every night lol!

Barely slept last night, pretty tired, not so great seats tonight... but so excited for Night 2! I'll probably be one of the few people up there tonight who will sing every lyric and do every signs for every songs. 8-) Can't wait..and thank you Pearl Jam!!!
    "All the strength that you might think would disappear, resolving..."
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    brunobell wrote:

Incredible.

This might sound weird but i know a lot of people who always sit during concerts cause thats how they want to experience the music. I personally don't get it but all well.

You're right, that DOES sound weird. Either way, I still had a great time. It's just off-putting when I see a woman who looked about 8.5 months pregnant in my row standing rocking out (albeit not the entire show, but she tried; I was impressed) and other people sitting down playing with their cell phones.

Nevertheless, I'll be there with 10C tickets tonight. I can't wait!
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    so just read a great review. 5 stars out of 5.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Pea ... 71566.html
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    This was the show that Toronto has been waiting for all the years. We finally got one of the true rare gems and not only did we get Crown of Thorns but we got Chloe Dancer too!

This was by far the best Toronto show of the 8 I have been to. It blew me away.

Highlights for me were: Chloe Dancer/Crown (of course), NAIS, Grievance, Leatherman, and awesome version of Betterman/SIFL and the It's OK tag in Daughter.

Bring on Night 2!!!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Does anybody know what time the outside merch booth opened? I probably won't be able to get there until closer to 7:00 (unless my friend can duck out early from work), but I have another friend who may be able to pop by earlier to get a poster.

How late were people able to pick up posters/toronto tees inside the ACC?

Thanks!

Again, fantastic show last night!!
  • Options
    they were available after the show.......lots of merch
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    Holy #%#!!! can't believe the night I had. 10C hooked me up huge. got 1st row on Mike's side and couldn't contain myself all night. Ridiculous show! I have never, ever been close to that close to the stage in my previous 7 shows.

THANK YOU 10C!!!!!!!
  • Options
    rjwhite19 wrote:
    they were available after the show.......lots of merch

Awesome.

Thanks.
  • Options
    got 1st row on Mike's side

congrats on that........
    couldn't imagine winning that lottery
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    Last nights show was life changing for me!! I should stop going to concerts because I dont know how they are ever going to top that.
  • Options
    Woody Harrelson was rocking on Mike's side :D
    I would not say he was rocking. He was sitting down until the middle of the first encore and disappeared before the second encore.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Montreal 20/06/03, Montreal 15/09/05, Ottawa 16/09/05. Montreal 1 (EV) 09/08/08; Albany 2 (EV) 09/06/09.
    Toronto 21/08/09; Cleveland 9/05/10; Buffalo 10/05/10. Montreal 7/09/11; Toronto 11/9/11; Toronto 12/9/11; Ottawa 14/9/11.
    London 16/07/13; Pittsburg 11/10/13; Buffalo 12/10/13. Moline (No Code) 17/10/14, St Paul 19/10/14, Milwaukee (Yield) 20/10/14.
    Quebec City 5/5/2016, Ottawa 8/5/2016; Toronto (Binaural) 10/5/2016, Toronto 12/5/2016 (Completed Ten, finally got Oceans).
    London 18/7/2018, London 19/7/2018 :(, Boston 2/9/2018.
    Quebec City 1/9/2022; Ottawa 3/9/2022; Hamilton 6/9/2022, Toronto 8/9/2022.
  • Options
    mikepmikep Posts: 290
    That was the most awesome thing i've ever seen. That climax with neil was the biggest and best few minutes of pandamonium ever at a TO pj show and maybe then some. Holy shit. Mind was blown and still is in shambles. What a killer show and just amazing to be a part of that chaos finale. unbelievable.

:)
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.