Options

**** Toronto 1 Fanviews Here 9/11/11 ****

Comments

• Options
    Classic show. One of those nights where you could just feel the energy build all night towards the earth-shattering end. My head exploded twice during RITFW!
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Great set. I was so so close to making the journey to Toronto for this! Still glad I didn't try to go due to other responsibilities, but it sure would have been nice. So happy for all who were there! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Truthfully, one of the best show's I've ever been to. RITFW was stupid good....best I've ever seen. Chloe/Crown was a definite treat...I also thought they were on fire during Porch. Crowd was on fire tonight as well...good job T.O.!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    You lucky bastards!!! No offense :mrgreen:

Long Road opener, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns? So jealous.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    You lucky bastards!!! No offense :mrgreen:

Long Road opener, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns? So jealous.
    It was a night
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    edited September 2011
    nothing will beat this show, one for the books.
    Post edited by restlesssoul on
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    best so far...congrats toronto
    Yay us
  • Options
    That was unreal! My mind melted when Neil came out. amazing set list. great show.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,001
    I don't know why, but all day today I said to myself that I was going to see Crown of Thorns tonight. I really had to tell myself it was unrealistic. When it happened, and with the proper Chloe Dancer intro, I exploded. To say I'm in heaven right now would be a bit off, as I don't think I'd be as happy up there as I am now. Thank you, Pearl Jam, for delivering us a mindfuck of a show, and thank you Toronto for reciprocating with me and singing and cheering as loudly as you possibly can. Let's keep it up tomorrow :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,026
    show 47 for me. thank you 10c for row 8 center. amazing venue, amazing city, amazing crowd, amazing set list. everything was just perfect. my absolute favorite pj song to open brought me to tears as it brought me back to 9/11. the setlist was just incredible; huge sing a longs for the majority of the night. the band was on fire, the crowd rivaled if not better than a msg/spectrum audience. pj is in top form, i honestly don't know how they can get better. this show definitely topped last sunday night in wisconsin. thank you pj!

my last show of the tour, can't wait for 2012.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rodentrodent Posts: 133
    In all the shows that I've seen over the past 20 years, this was in the top 5 FOR SURE.
    You could feel so much excitement & energy in the air building up before the band hit the stage and could just tell it was going to be an epic night.
    Seeing Cameron Crowe on the side of the stage taking pictures with fans was great.
    The band was on FIRE. Mike's solo during Black - f*****************ck. The look on Jeff's face when he was jamming with Neil - priceless. That version of Porch blew my mind, definitely my favorite aside from the Unplugged version. And of course Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns.
    My heart & mind imploded tonight. The end.
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    RITFW was so loud but when Neil came out it went to a whole new level, It was deafening.

scaled.php?server=714&filename=dscn0791x.jpg&res=medium
    scaled.php?server=716&filename=dscn0797u.jpg&res=medium
  • Options
    years ago i gave up any hope that i'd ever hear chloe dancer live. it just wasn't happening. it was wholly unexpected tonight. this was my tenth show and certainly one for the ages. neil absolutely owned ritfw, and it was definitely the ideal version of the song. my only complaint is that i wasn't sitting near ten club members or bigger fans, people kept commenting during it's okay, chloe dancer/crown of thorns and others that they had no clue what was playing. tomorrow i'll be in closer seats so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm counting down the hours now.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,652
    While I wasn't at Alpine Valley last weekend, tonight's show definitely felt/looked/sounded like a PJ20 anniversary show of sorts.

I received 7th row 10C tickets right in front of Mike (with Dimitris sitting directly in front of us), and from looking at the familiar faces all around me it was easy to tell many more fans traveled to Toronto for the show/s compared to the Montreal show. Tonight's show surpasses the 2000 Toronto show as my favorite hometown show, and the best show this band has played in Toronto to-date. Long Road was a guaranteed opener, but no mention of today's anniversary otherwise (which I have to admit I much preferred).

The crowd didn't seem as loud, to me anyway, as the Montreal crowd but the with the band's friends (Cameron Crowe and company sitting Mike's side in the stands) and family (girlfriends, wives, and management sitting Stone's side in the stands) in attendance (Ed commented on the fact it was rare for all of their wives/girlfriends to all be in attendance at the same show) you could certainly tell the band was ready to kick it into high gear immediately. Faithfull and Nothing As It Seems (played for Dimitris, Tim came over to find Dimitris right as the song was beginning to acknowledge his request) were my main set standouts. Just Breathe slowed the momentum right down and at that very moment it felt like a total buzz kill. Once the It's OK tag rolled around the momentum picked right back, but Grievance mixed things up a bit again because it sounded like someone was either playing in the wrong key/tuning and/or someone wasn't keeping up with the tempo. Come Back was to follow Down but got passed over. The crowd was on board for the loud segments, and Porch was a highlight as a result.

The "Man" trilogy was another high note (and a 1st for a Toronto show if I'm not mistaken). Ole was on the setlist before the "Man" trilogy and got bumped down on the setlist to then follow the "Man" trilogy only to get ignored altogether. The 2nd encore is obviously what this show will be remembered for. Chloe Dancer wasn't originally on the setlist, it was written into the setlist right before the 2nd encore began. The PJ20 premiere yesterday definitely cast a positive shadow over tonight's setlist and we were very fortunate for that. State of Love and Trust was to follow Crown of Thorns (another rarity for Toronto) but was scratched off. It was a toss-up between RITFW and Fucking Up on the setlist, and we know what they ultimately chose.

All of McCready's guitars operate on the same wireless transmitter frequency, so after he handed Neil his guitar he was left to operate his pedalboard for Neil as he couldn't pick up another one of his guitars...until it dawned on him that he could pick up Ed's guitar and join in. Ed appeared to be awestruck and in partial disbelief that Neil was actually there and joining them on stage. The song could have easily continued for another 10 minutes. Below are pictures of the setlist (signed by Mike) and pictures of Neil rocking out with Jeff and the rest of the band, with McCready operating the peddleboard in one the pics:

Setlist: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ ... -00032.jpg
    RITFW 1: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ ... -00029.jpg
    RITFW 2: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ ... -00030.jpg
    RITFW 3: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ ... -00031.jpg
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    DevonPearlDevonPearl Posts: 284
    edited September 2011
    Hell yeah! Fucking great show !
    Crowd was not realy into it from the start but became better.
    I cant understand why people going to a concert and leaving after 3 Songs or just came there for smoking dope
    and drinking beer but not realy moving or singing.
    But we had an awesome night!
    Crown of thorns and uncle Neil was the highlights.
    Cant wait whats in store for night 2. ;)
    Post edited by DevonPearl on
  • Options
    Lucky bastards
    I guess it was the beatings... made me wise!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    holy fuck what a show

I am still in awe, had a blast, probably drank more than I usually did,

did they really play Off He Goes, cause I swear that was Thumbing My Way? Guess I really wanted those beers, cause that's all I thought of during the song.

will right more tomorrow

can night 2 be better? What a fun show :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    AMAZING night!! Great crowd---way awesome set list....seriously, my highlights: Long Road opener, Down, Chloe Dancer/Crown of thorns, Faithful, the Its Ok tagged Daughter, GREIVANCE....wow. I was just blown away--THEN Neil Young?! :shock:

My blisters from alpine now have thier own blisters, and I can't wait for tomorrow night! :)
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    I had a fantastic time tonight and it was partly because of the great set list and partly because of the energy of the crowd!! It was awesome, and tonight will make one hell of a bootleg. Oh yea.......Neil Young kicks ass, and he did the "stabbed in the back" dance while playing RITFW. Cloe made the night over the top for me, thanks to everyone for making it such a great show..
    Toronto 06-28-2003
    09-19-2005
    05-09-2006
    09-11-2011
    London 07-16-2013
    Ottawa 05-08-2016
    record.gif
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Awesome show but man the crowd was honestly pretty shitty tonight. Some people in front of me left during the first songs, others were sitting on their seats during the whole night, and I had 10c seats. Crown Of Thorns and RITFW were unreal.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    noahmnoahm Posts: 19
    Great show (In my humble opinion, great but not epic)
    I was sitting in the same section as Woody Harrelson, close to Cameron Crowe. Mr Crowe was mobbed with fans before the show started. Not much chatter from Ed tonight; Uncle Neil was awesome at the end.

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4233.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

All of my photos are here
  • Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086
    speechless......it was like watching a father with his kids when Neil came on.....their faces all lit up with smiles and Eddie looked like he had just received a Christmas present....truly epic......and thanks again Jeff for the great seats! Bring on tomorrow! :D:D:D
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    King of ALL Rocking in the Free World versions... try clapping in rythm for 20mins. Seriously...since when did a night one sound sooo gooood! How will they top it for night 2?

The whole band was dialed in. Ed basically collapsed and Mike AND Stone sharing solo's was fantastic.
  • Options
    noahm wrote:
    All of my photos are here

THANKS! Great shots.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    Nice to see that the 1st encore is no longer subjugated to Just Breathe/acoustic songs anymore.

And holy shit, Chloe Dancer and Neil Young? Lucky bastards. I can only hope that Vancouver is close to as good as this show.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    maynardsux wrote:
    speechless......it was like watching a father with his kids when Neil came on.....their faces all lit up with smiles and Eddie looked like he had just received a Christmas present....truly epic......and thanks again Jeff for the great seats! Bring on tomorrow! :D:D:D

A-MAZING!!

I couldn't have asked for anything more (except maybe shorter PJ fans so I could have seen more :lol: ). It truly was incredible. I'm ready to do it all over again tomorrow!!!

My friend had to back out last minute, so I took another friend who isn't a big Pearl Jam fan. He kept turning to me during the concert and saying, "This is awesome!" and he couldn't shut up on the drive home. I love converting friends, and there's no better way to do so than to take them to see PJ live.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    The best is how this was night one. How on earth are they gonna top THIS?!

I guess we'll find out...tonight! :) I still can't believe NeilJam happened. WHAT a show!
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Full Chloe Dancer into Crown of Thorns was really unexpected (and appreciated). I hope that this isn't a one time deal though. Uncle Neil joining the band for RITFW was an incredible bookend an already solid show.

I can't imagine night 2 being any better than this.
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Tonight was show 60 for me and I've seen and experienced many "classic" shows, but I walked out tonight just saying to myself that was awesome and one of the top ten maybe even top 5 shows I've ever seen.

Energy in the room was incredible and setlist just all flowed together so greatly.

Can't believe we got Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns, It's Ok and I got to see Neil Young on RITFW for a second time.

I still remember being in Toledo in 2004 and sitting a few rows from the stage when I saw that happen for my first time. I'll never forget Mike taking out a Polaroid and taking pics of Neil Young and Peter Frampton that night during RITFW.

I never thought I'd be lucky enough to see Neil join the band again and can't believe I was fortunate enough to see it in such a great show. The roar from the crowd when Neil took the stage was just unreal and the look on Ed's face was priceless. Just too more memories that I'm glad I've gotten to experience and share over the year with this band.

So glad I made the trip from Philly and can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    This was my sixth show, and my third in almost a week and I could not be happier right now :D My throat is sore and my feet are hurting, but all that doesn't matter. I cannot find appropriate adjectives to describe this show, it was simply amazing. Can't freakin wait for tomorrow! Too bad this is going to be my last PJ concert for a while ... Toronto rocks!