Options

**** Toronto 1 Fanviews Here 9/11/11 ****

Comments

• Options
    My wife was induced at 2 pm today. She told me to go to this show.

I have been to about 10 shows and I have never felt like I do right now. I have tickets to tomorrow nights show which I cannot make as my first child will be born tomorrow or Tuesday morning at the latest. If I just have to give up the tickets for tomorrow or tonight is my last show ever I would be at peace. Thanks to the best band, fan club and fans ever.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,125
    Neil Young - enough said. But even if he didn't appear, it was a great set. I was sitting in the section over from where Mike went to get Neil. I kept thinking he was going to appear especially since he has a documentary at TIFF that's showing today.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    WOW... some damn lucky people attended that show! Uncle Neil making an appearance, great set... Nice one Toronto! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Killer setlist. Sounds like an epic show. Thanks 4 the fanviews!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Looks a great set. No Even Flow as well, a rarity indeed!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    .....Mike do some great shit on this one.....

Thank you God......

i feel so much like home tonight...Thanks Pearl Jam...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Thank you God......

How did you enjoy NAIS dimi?

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    tremors wrote:

Thank you God......

i felt exctasy....i dont even remember what i did..i was out of my body...
    i think i said thank you God..30 times..during the song..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Thank you God......

:D:D:D:D:mrgreen:

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    tremors wrote:

Thank you God......

Oh yeah I hadn't realised D you got NaiS! YAY! Wow! What a tour for you! Sounds like another amazing show! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    tremors wrote:

Thank you God......

I'm moving to Greece and changing my name to Dimi!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwqKHGvgy0M

omfg i would die to be there and see this..

still love andys voice on it better but it just stirs your stomach up ..every time i here this..

my favourite song of all time by anyone...
  • Options

still love andys voice on it better but it just stirs your stomach up ..every time i here this..

OMG Kevin, you don't know what you have just done to me. Back in the day, when I was just getting to know my girl, she did me a tape of all the music she was listening to, that meant something to her. A lot of stuff I didn't know, a lot of Pearl Jam, a lot of grunge. I listened to it loads, and I learnt a lot about her through this tape. I still have it. Chloe Dancer / Crown of thorns was the opening track. Sorry, I think I'm about to cry :lol:

• Options
    Yeah! Man wish I could 've been there :sick::sick: .

Eddie just well into it during Mikes solo.

Cheers for vid
    shows: Shepherds Bush 110809
    Hyde Park 250610
    Bridge School Benefit 23/241010
    Manchester MEN 210612
    Amsterdam Ziggodome 270612
    Berlin '02' 040712
  • Options
    So we were waiting behind Princess of Whales theater on Saturday to catch the band leaving. We were hoping they'd stop to sign a few autographs, but they took off pretty quickly.

There was a press guy there with his huge camera hoping for a shot and as the band rushed away he says; "I guess they dont care about their fans."

Suck it, press guy. One thing I can say for sure, especially after being at tonights show, is Pearl Jam LOVES their fans!

Thanks for an amazing night boys! And thanks to the good folks around me in section 108! Can't wait for tonight!!
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 498
    Was supposed to be at the TOR shows, but I've been hospitalized. Now I feel really sick! Figured I would miss an epic show and figured right. Always wanted COT!

Congrats to all! In Hiding, Hard to Imagine and Ole were ones I wanted to hear - bet you ANY money they are played tonight!
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024 Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2
  • Options
    igotid_8 wrote:
    Was supposed to be at the TOR shows, but I've been hospitalized. Now I feel really sick! Figured I would miss an epic show and figured right. Always wanted COT!

Congrats to all! In Hiding, Hard to Imagine and Ole were ones I wanted to hear - bet you ANY money they are played tonight!

Best wishes for your recovery. Pearl Jam can help - I speak from experience. Must be hard for you to miss these shows - I hope you can still pick up some of the energy from a distance.

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    My wife was induced at 2 pm today. She told me to go to this show.

I have been to about 10 shows and I have never felt like I do right now. I have tickets to tomorrow nights show which I cannot make as my first child will be born tomorrow or Tuesday morning at the latest. If I just have to give up the tickets for tomorrow or tonight is my last show ever I would be at peace. Thanks to the best band, fan club and fans ever.

You thought you felt good last night, just you wait! Congrats to you and your wife.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Wow, Incredible night, too many great songs and moments to speak of, Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns was amazing, Uncle Neil ripped the shit out of Rocking In the Free World. This was a show for the true fans and is a must have Boot when it comes out. Not sure how they will be able to top last night for me but I guess I'll go check it out just in case!!!!!!! woooooo, This is my PJ20 weekend!!
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,257

Argh! This computer in the hostel doesn't have a sound card :evil: :evil: :evil:

That was the highlight of what was a really amazing night. So often when a group of you go to a show, one person will get what they want, but last night they really delivered for all of us. Dimitris getting Nothing As It Seems, Sarah getting Daughter/It's OK, Leanne getting Crown of Thorns for the first time, and me getting Off He Goes. And on top of that, Chloe Dancer and RITFW with Neil. We are truly spoiled.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I was not supposed to be at this show but my Girlfriend got me tickets. greatest concert i have been to ever. I didn't have great seats but man who cares. my one complaint was i saw so many people in the first row not even going crazy.

can't wait now for tonight where i have way better seats. now if they can play fatal i can die a happy person.

Thanks Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    After the 6th song (NaiS) I was already losing my shit...This might very well be the best second encore ever...

Not only was uncle Neil totally having a blast up there but watching Mike and Jeff playing with him was like two kids playing catch with their favorite ball player...it seemed really special for all involved.

The bar has been set :) Let's see what they pull out tonight!
  • Options
    cant believe the high i'm still on from that show. cant wait for tonites performance and see what other tricks they have up there sleeves. where else can you go to a show and have conversations with folks from Italy to London to Florida. no band has the fans that PJ have and I don't think any band will ever achieve this status. LOVED IT
  • Options
    For the record, I am never drinking again.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    some great moments some very regular moments. tired of better man, given to fly,daughter,elderly woman. beat part of the night setting forth, chloe dancer/crown of thorns,faithful, and of course uncle neil.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278
    fuck me. no really fuck me. i so wanted to go to the toronto shows and had it all planned out then the ticketing fiasco on here...and it didn't happen. seeing this set list...ugh.

hope you all had a great time and hope tonight is just as good. enjoy Canada!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    While I wasn't at Alpine - last nite will always be PJ20 for me. It was perfect. Toronto has always shown this band a crazy amount of love and I feel like we finally got a show we can own as a classic PJ show. Band sounded great. My only issue was I thought the crowd could have been better in the first hr. but by the time that show was over it was a fucking religious experience in that place. God bless PJ. See ya tonight.
  • Options
    At the time, when I was hitting F5 a million times to try to get tickets to this show, I was frustrated but relieved to finally get tickets.

Now, I feel as though I did not do enough to deserve what I had the absolute honour of being a part last night.

Thank you Pearl Jam, Uncle Neil and the Toronto crowd. I have no idea what tonight has in store for us but I am sure that the boys have something up their collective sleeves.
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    mjb wrote:
    While I wasn't at Alpine - last nite will always be PJ20 for me. It was perfect. Toronto has always shown this band a crazy amount of love and I feel like we finally got a show we can own as a classic PJ show. Band sounded great. My only issue was I thought the crowd could have been better in the first hr. but by the time that show was over it was a fucking religious experience in that place. God bless PJ. See ya tonight.

Crowd was fine to me. And the fans around me were awesome.

PLus, it seemed to be a more subdued opening set tonight (greater than usual number of slower/mellow songs, at least that's the impression I got) so it may have been harder for people to get into it?
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    great show ... everyone that i knew that was at the show but aren't die hard fans like us said it was awesome ...

a few missteps here and there but by in large - the band was very tight and mike blew me away last nite ... hard to explain but it seemed like there was more passion in his work .. maybe it's just me ...

i thought the crowd overall was pretty good ... the folks up front weren't great but everyone there must've been to like 50 plus shows and i think some of them get spoiled a bit ...

i suspect we will get the other hits tonite (even flow, jeremy, wishlist, etc) ... i also think we'll get something special ... dunno what it will be and don't wanna know! ...

thank you pearl jam