What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    people really can't tell when everyone is drinking and you're wandering off to smoke on your own and get blazed
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    There are some things of the dirty variety to do when its raining all day. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    love is the most important thing in this world, but sushi is pretty good too.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Tablet rocks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    Someone who I considered a friend is really two faced, and seriously had me fooled.
  • To reduce the risk of cancer we need to be doing 1 hour of physical activity per day.
    orange is the new black
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    My body does NOT respond well to a week at the gym after taking a few months off.

Been on the couch since Sunday :-S
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
    next one will be better
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    That no matter how much you do, for some people it is never enough.
    ELITIST FUK
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    wasa1971 said:

Someone who I considered a friend is really two faced, and seriously had me fooled.

SD48277 said:

That no matter how much you do, for some people it is never enough.

You guys stop reading my mind!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    edited August 2014
    That I am very easy to get lured into new hobbies. We acquired two super cheap vintage portable record players at a garage sale and I have started to dismantle them and give them a good cleaning to make them nice, shiny and properly working again. I'm getting totally sucked into antique phonograph expert forums right now to get to know everything about record changers and their mechanisms. I ordered some tolex this weekend and a refurbished idler wheel today. I would never have even thought that I would ever need to know these words or how to do things like that. But it gets me all excited and I cannot wait to see how they turn out.
  • lazlobluelazloblue Posts: 738

That I am very easy to get lured into new hobbies. We acquired two super cheap vintage portable record players at a garage sale and I have started to dismantle them and give them a good cleaning to make them nice, shiny and properly working again. I'm getting totally sucked into antique phonograph expert forums right now to get to know everything about record changers and their mechanisms. I ordered some tolex this weekend and a refurbished idler wheel today. I would never have even thought that I would ever need to know these words or how to do things like that. But it gets me all excited and I cannot wait to see how they turn out.

Sounds like fun Leez! How's the house coming along?
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    The house is coming along nicely. We have a new roof (the need for which delayed everything else) and we bought our flooring, the tub, the vanity and chose our tiles. Soon, the electrician and plumber will come and then we will get started with the drywall. It's still a lot to do, but we are getting there. The turntable refurbishing is just a little side project for a fun sparetime. Thanks for asking :)
    edited August 2014
    Oh, one more thing I learned while on my weekend in Big Sky...they have a '10 o'clock siren' which sounds exactly like the tsunami siren. West coast girl freaked out...and got laughed at.

The siren goes off 'just to let you know it's 10pm'

*Grrr*
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    someone has a girlfriend,but his girlfriend dont have him as boyfriend
    Fireworks always make me happy. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited August 2014
    Just buy and sell dogs lol and that dogs can and cannot have chemistry with a person
    *Tom Petty is so amazing live in concert...there were no a-hole drunks yelling song requests, they were all very friendly, sang along, and gave me high-fives for my birthday.
    *I really should bring glow sticks to the next show at the Gorge...then when I get back from getting more beer, I can find my spot on the lawn easier.
    *Soap Lake mud is smelly, but magically amazing...it will make your skin baby soft for days...and I didn't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a mud bath or go to Europe.
    *All those minerals in the water will make you extra sensitive to the sun...and help give you a nice toasty red glow. *ouchie*
    *the hotels in Moses Lake are awesome, thanks for letting me leave my dogs in the room while I was at the show, and they were so good, you didn't even charge me the dog fee.
    *next time-we will plan better so we can see the lazer show on the Grand Coulee Dam.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I can drink a lot of wine.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    today is for today
    Nothing that I did not already know.
    ELITIST FUK
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    Giving eye dogs to a cat who does not want to get eye drops is impossible
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Need a double bed and nobody know anything about them
    *weddings that don't play Pearl jam songs are kinda lackluster
    *especially when the majority of the songs are country songs
    *they really liked my handmade card though-I totally guessed at the 'theme' and colors, and apparently was spot on...that was trippy
    *VooDoo Doughnuts has a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong ass line, I still didn't get to go
    *'somebody' has a cute new baby
    *my phone has a really cool 360* camera function

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Do you have Google cardboard? It turns your camera into a viewmaster to view your photos.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

Do you have Google cardboard? It turns your camera into a viewmaster to view your photos.
    cardboard? I don't think so...my phone's camera has a little box so all you have to do is match up the viewfinder to the target, and it will take a pic, then mash them all up...I literally took a pic at the stadium where I can look up, down, in a 360 view...I should see if I can upload it to my FB and play with it there.

Tell me about this Google cardboard? (I liked that Instagram thing I saw with the time lapse-can't remember what it's called)

- Christopher McCandless
    Google cardboard:
    http://google-cardboard.com/
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:
    interesting...I uploaded my pic to FB...it doesn't pan around, just looks all warped:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:
    interesting...I uploaded my pic to FB...it doesn't pan around, just looks all warped:

trippy...
    ELITIST FUK