What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    red soda? Like Big Red?!?!!?!?

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    RKCNDY said:

red soda? Like Big Red?!?!!?!?

It's that color, but it's a store brand in a two litre bottle that my mom and I like to buy....lol before I was married she and I used to drink it all the time...I can't think of the name though...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    oh...I love Big Red...it tastes like bubble gum. Also reminds me of the PJ user drinkingbigredinstead...I miss her (I know she changed her name/got a new account) haven't seen her for a while.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    it tastes like bubble gum? I'll have to try it sometime....I'm sure i drank it as a kid...the one we got was cherry flavored...fake as hell but so yummy!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    I don't generally like cherry flavored things (when I was a kid all medicine was cherry flavored-yuck) but I love Shirley Temples...used to like cherry 7up, but now it tastes gross. image

- Christopher McCandless
    oh cherry is like my all time fave! YUMMY! I got my daughter hooked on Shirley Temples....lol I think she likes them because at restaurants they make them at the bar and that makes her feel cool....lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    :-O this is sickly i will never enjoy my red creaming soda the same ever again
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    PJSiren said:

Well, the weekend is just getting started, but I learned this disgusting little tidbit today....

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/castoreum.asp

I love this tidbit. Just another little thing to keep in mind when people say "but it's all natural, it must be good for you".
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • so many people feel so alone
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

so many people feel so alone

{{{HUGS}}}
    hope you feel better soon!

- Christopher McCandless
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited October 2014
    That I can still party like I'm 22, although after the smoke clears my body kindly reminds in a force full way that I am most definitely not 22.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    *when in Vancouver, you are automatically considered a Oregonian/Portlander-you get all the Portland news stations, the Portland radio stations, the hotel tells you the local team is the jailblazers
    *the Hilton has the best pillows ever
    *there really is a town called Cougar
    *the Hilton still jams cell phone reception while INSIDE the hotel, outside, you can get full service

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    That I enjoy Halloween much more as an adult than I ever did as a kid.
    ELITIST FUK
    my distant cousin know and love me...
  • cant hide the whole inside u
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • That mixing wine and gin makes me do very bad things and that I make a very cute eggplant.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    blindness is forever
  • play for today
    *the concord was a really small plane-as in narrow
    *air force one has big bathrooms
    *people donate some really primo shit, I scored some nice stuff at the glitter sale

- Christopher McCandless
    for some peoples position trust is not an easy thing to do or have but I like that because I won it B-) :D
  • next will be better
  • One of my Kitties needs $700 of dental work! CRAP!
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
    sometimes you really just dont know whom your chatting with online
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    That Christmas markets are a bit overrated. But still I had fun.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
    That i DO NOT like working Saturdays!!! BLECH!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    * at high altitudes, you can get so bloated that none of the jeans you brought with you will fit.
    *your face can also get really really puffy-not a cute look at all.
    *always, always, ALWAYS look for those really cute boots you see in the store, on the internet.
    *there will always be an asshole that will cut off a bunch of cars in a funeral procession because getting to Wal-Mart is such a high priority...never mind that all those cars have their hazard lights on.
    *I've had enough snow for the season thankyouverymuch.
    *you really can fit 30 people in a 450 sq ft apartment for Turkey dinner

- Christopher McCandless
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    RKCNDY said:

* at high altitudes, you can get so bloated that none of the jeans you brought with you will fit.
    *your face can also get really really puffy-not a cute look at all.
    *always, always, ALWAYS look for those really cute boots you see in the store, on the internet.
    *there will always be an asshole that will cut off a bunch of cars in a funeral procession because getting to Wal-Mart is such a high priority...never mind that all those cars have their hazard lights on.
    *I've had enough snow for the season thankyouverymuch.
    *you really can fit 30 people in a 450 sq ft apartment for Turkey dinner

Wow, that's a lot to learn. Hope this weekend is more relaxed.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    I clearly overbooked myself.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    deadendp said:

I clearly overbooked myself.

I know the feeling. I have serious time management issues. I always overestimate what I can actually accomplish and underestimate how much time it will take
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • That porcupines can climb trees and that they very good at it....the more you know!