What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• the same people//as always
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • No matter how much you drink there is no way to drown out the shit mix of the staff party DJ....
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

No matter how much you drink there is no way to drown out the shit mix of the staff party DJ....

You win.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    That Vivian Pickles, the actress who played Harold's mother in "Harold & Maude," is the sister of Christina Pickles, the actress who played Ross and Monica's mother on "Friends." (I really need to find a better use of my time.)

That people who are old enough to know better and behave better still act like self-centered children.
    ELITIST FUK
  • some die just to live

in other words..you just went for the money...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The new Primus show almost made me feel bad I have never dropped acid.
    They were pretty cool to open for themselves.
    Old funeral homes make cool bars.
    Lucky Strike serves crappy food.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • i need to plan some things earlier than usual
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    That during WWI, anti-German sentiment lead to sauerkraut being renamed "liberty cabbage" in the US. I'm sure most people already heard that, but I just did now.
    Some things never change.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    That driving to and from NJ in a snowstorm to have lunch with friends may not be the smartest move, but it sure was fun and worth it (the lunch, not the drive).
    ELITIST FUK
    That having a driveway covered in ice is a great deterrent to neighbors wanting to pop by and visit.
    ELITIST FUK
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    SD48277 said:

That having a driveway covered in ice is a great deterrent to neighbors wanting to pop by and visit.

Every winter I purposely don't shovel my front walk or porch, excellent deterrent for unwanted visitors, gives me half a year of peace from any kind of solicitation. Everyone who knows me knows to come in the carport or the back, and I can hear them coming so I have time to put pants on lol.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    dad is hasving fun
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    That having money can completely change someone
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    that it is bad luck to have bananas on a fishing boat
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    Lizard said:

that it is bad luck to have bananas on a fishing boat

I learned today that lizard is still around. :wave:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    That in the "ghetto" people still walk around with boom boxes...LMAO!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    This is what happens when you bring a bag of potato chips to a higher altitude:

It is somewhat common in the stores...sometimes the bags are not ready to burst.

You don't want those bags, because the chips are stale.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    That sometimes the shit i read on this forum makes my blood boil
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    Nursing homes are terrible places.......there's a lot to be said for dying young and leaving a good looking corpse. Being old, afraid, alone, confused, nearly blind and being at the mercy of paid nursing staff 24/7 really sux!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    twins they are a pain in the ass
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    In today's Idiocracy society, retards see Kim Davis as their own constitution hating Rosa Parks.
  • Kids are so smart and innocent
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    people who get everything like attention love and money lack consideration, understanding and intimacy including sentiment and dont try or love deeply
    and this i have seen with experience...
  • Tablet makes kids crazy
  • JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    It's possible to get a suntan in early spring
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    That some people can't change, as much as they'd like to
    The Foos put on an amazing show...as always.
    PJ could take a lesson from them in regards to the prices on merch, Foos concentrate on volume rather than pricing.
    I am still a weirdo magnet.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

PJ could take a lesson from them in regards to the prices on merch, Foos concentrate on volume rather than pricing.

Haha I'm a weirdo magnet too!
    I'm smiley & sometimes smile at the wrong people

Gillycw said:

RKCNDY said:

:lol: I don't even have to smile at them, they just magically appear. We found a nice spot next to the speaker/light pole, so it wasn't likely other people would stand next to us. Yeah, when people are tripping on whatever drug they took, they think stumbling around behind it is a great place to be...get away from me, I'm not strong enough to catch you when you fall over.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Gillycw said:

RKCNDY said:

:lol: I don't even have to smile at them, they just magically appear. We found a nice spot next to the speaker/light pole, so it wasn't likely other people would stand next to us. Yeah, when people are tripping on whatever drug they took, they think stumbling around behind it is a great place to be...get away from me, I'm not strong enough to catch you when you fall over.
    :rofl:
    Just side step and let em fall