What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    jeremy spokane
    :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Too many Christmas songs really can suddenly make you want to kill someone. :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I really should not be allowed to touch blenders.... :oops:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Holidays and bad weather seem to bring out the asshole drivers. :x
    ELITIST FUK
  • TeeChiTeeChi Posts: 36
    Not to keep my 3yr old son up past 10pm
  • a mixture of cold medicine, copious amounts of beer and jameson, and having to play a 3 hour rock show is a recipe for disaster...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    badbrains wrote:
    That DS is a fucken madman! Dudes on like his 20th PJ show this year! He's debating on wether to continue thru canada and end up in Seattle! You go Dave! But make sure you're all rested and saved up for Europe this summer! Rock on buddy!
    I learned DS is a dick.
    #FHP
  • Horos wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    That DS is a fucken madman! Dudes on like his 20th PJ show this year! He's debating on wether to continue thru canada and end up in Seattle! You go Dave! But make sure you're all rested and saved up for Europe this summer! Rock on buddy!
    I learned DS is a dick.

He decided he's not going and is going to Vegas instead :lol:
  • i learn there will be a next one
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Horos wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    I learned DS is a dick.

He decided he's not going and is going to Vegas instead :lol:
    vegas :roll: :fp: :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    never again
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    never again
    This
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • never let go
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    *no matter how much Emergen-C you take, you will still get sick on tour. :|
    *many PJ people give great hugs! :D (even the ones that you just met and are your seat-mates)
    *Puffs Plus Lotion is really not lotion infused tissues, in actuality, it is 80 grit sandpaper dressed up in a pretty box.
    *I attempted to be a bad-ass and sneak a kinder egg across the border...I bought one, but after the show, I couldn't wait to see what 'toy surprise' was inside-I was disappointed :(
    *you don't have to sign your life away to buy Sudafed in Canada. :thumbup:
    *it IS possible to lose 8 pounds in 10 days...thank-you 'Phlegm Jam Tour'.
    *'hitting the wall' after the last show on tour is not fun...I think the wall hit me, and then held me down with all its might.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • there are never enough PJ shows
    90 minutes of sleep per night is more than enough
    I really am not made for cold weather
    3 in 5 is a pretty good ratio

• RKCNDY wrote:
    *no matter how much Emergen-C you take, you will still get sick on tour. :|
    *many PJ people give great hugs! :D (even the ones that you just met and are your seat-mates)
    *Puffs Plus Lotion is really not lotion infused tissues, in actuality, it is 80 grit sandpaper dressed up in a pretty box.
    *I attempted to be a bad-ass and sneak a kinder egg across the border...I bought one, but after the show, I couldn't wait to see what 'toy surprise' was inside-I was disappointed :(
    *you don't have to sign your life away to buy Sudafed in Canada. :thumbup:
    *it IS possible to lose 8 pounds in 10 days...thank-you 'Phlegm Jam Tour'.
    *'hitting the wall' after the last show on tour is not fun...I think the wall hit me, and then held me down with all its might.
    I always thought a winter tour would be fun. I got sick too :x

Next winter tour needs to just involve ski towns and I think it will work just fine.

Never ran into you or a lot of others in Seattle :oops:
    NERDS!

always willing to meet up at The (new) Bridge, Feedback, Easy Street...anytime. (well, when I get over this yuck)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:

always willing to meet up at The (new) Bridge, Feedback, Easy Street...anytime. (well, when I get over this yuck)

Sounds good! I'm at like 95% right now. Pretended to be at 100% on Friday.

Yeah, I'd like to check out the new bridge anyway. Let me know!
    NERDS!
    RKCNDY wrote:

Sounds good! I'm at like 95% right now. Pretended to be at 100% on Friday.

Yeah, I'd like to check out the new bridge anyway. Let me know!

:thumbup:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Seattle is a fantastic city, it was especially cool to be able to walk around instead of just going by car. My legs told me otherwise, but it felt good to have some exercise :lol:

The worst seats in the house still make a show freaking enjoyable!

It was a wonderful decision to get married to a fellow PJ fan, he is the best show and travel buddy I could ever ask for!

The people I have met through Pearl Jam are a lovely, fun loving, hilarious bunch, I love you all, guys :wave:

I am able to go for an after show celebration in the end. I didn't think I could do it after the Philly shows. I was freaking exhausted after GA :oops:

I need to start working out more to be in better shape for the next tour.

Raw apple cider vinegar is the shit for preventing a flu or cold.

Pearl Jam is not just a band, it's a state of mind :mrgreen:
  • I learned that Comebackgirl wasn't as short as I thought she was :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    NERDS!
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I learned that Comebackgirl wasn't as short as I thought she was :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol: Yeah, she is super duper tall actually
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I learned that Comebackgirl wasn't as short as I thought she was :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Also my bad for not introducing myself after the show. I was at your table next to Tim (I think) :oops:
    NERDS!
    Caveeze wrote:
    Also my bad for not introducing myself after the show. I was at your table next to Tim (I think) :oops:
    The fella with the hair shaved all around the sides and back and poofy on top?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Nope, not that dude, but I did see him later. Next to Zoso/Tim, not Norm/Tim. My GF and I pushed the table over to join yours. Or maybe it wasn't you and I'm confused? :lol::lol:
    NERDS!
  • Caveeze wrote:
    I believe I was wearing heels :oops:

I also learned that I can stand straight up under the overhead bins on a plane while wearing heels and not touch my head :oops:

• hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    There are never enough days around a show, to see and do everything I want to.
    3 shows on a tour are not nearly enough.
    I had such good intentions but didn't get to see/meet a lot of you.
    I was lucky to see Ashlee & Kyle after this wedding. :)
    I met a bunch of other cool people waiting in line, on airplanes, etc. but I (at best) only got 1st names. Kind of like 'pool buddies' when you're a kid.

You are all such amazing and warm people, you made the wicked cold in Seattle all worth it.
    xoxo
    I win.
  • Nope, not that dude, but I did see him later. Next to Zoso/Tim, not Norm/Tim. My GF and I pushed the table over to join yours. Or maybe it wasn't you and I'm confused? :lol::lol:

Well man, hellooooooo :wave: I was there too!
    Nope, not that dude, but I did see him later. Next to Zoso/Tim, not Norm/Tim. My GF and I pushed the table over to join yours. Or maybe it wasn't you and I'm confused? :lol::lol:
    No, I was there.. It was probably me.. at any rate, HELLO!! :D
    *RKCNDY and Mr. RKCNDY are very cool and kind (thanks again for picking me up at the hotel :D ).

*Despite the effin' cold, I love Seattle.

*Finally tried poutine.

*Wearing a polar bear hat is a great identifier, as well as a good conversation starter.

*Waiting on line still sucks, but waiting with Pearl Jam fans makes it easier.

*I will definitely have to do more shows on the next tour.

*It was worth the money, the time, and energy to go see PJ in Seattle. :D
    ELITIST FUK