What did you learn this past weekend?

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :corn: :corn: :corn: Pics?

I'm not going to shave my balls right now :lol::lol::lol:

and grasshopper disappoints yet again...
    Tell me about it. It's like that time everyone thought there"d be a Seattle 2... then... nothing. :|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RKCNDY wrote:

e194cae4-7c9f-4694-80c7-19ee3c6fb3a7_zps88bdce9f.jpg?t=1384305072
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I learned that if there is a such thing as heaven and hell, my hell would be being stuck in a Hobby Lobby store with a hang over :evil:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Caveeze wrote:
    I learned that if there is a such thing as heaven and hell, my hell would be being stuck in a Hobby Lobby store with a hang over :evil:

don't go to Hobby Lobby! They are evil!

They pour in so much money to fight the fact that they have to pay for the birth control pill for women (even if the woman medically needs it-besides for birth control), they claim it is against their beliefs. :nono:

I will never set foot in one of those places, or give them any money.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

e194cae4-7c9f-4694-80c7-19ee3c6fb3a7_zps88bdce9f.jpg?t=1384305072

awww...you have 'dad glasses'! :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

don't go to Hobby Lobby! They are evil!

They pour in so much money to fight the fact that they have to pay for the birth control pill for women (even if the woman medically needs it-besides for birth control), they claim it is against their beliefs. :nono:

I will never set foot in one of those places, or give them any money.
    well, to prove their ignorance..

we bought 5 large frames from there on Saturday.. 4 were the same.. the woman scanned the one, and then one of the four.. she never hit the 4x button. I said, out loud, "we have four of these" ..

we got three free frames.. I wont tell someone twice! :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Tell me about it. It's like that time everyone thought there"d be a Seattle 2... then... nothing. :|

I don't think there was a thread (or two or three) dedicated to requesting grasshopper to shave his naughty bits...I'm sure he would thoroughly enjoy it though.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I don't think there was a thread (or two or three) dedicated to requesting grasshopper to shave his naughty bits...I'm sure he would thoroughly enjoy it though.

There was not. Definitely not
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I learned not to call my friend on his bluff; he actually did send me a picture of his junk. :shock: :lol:
    ELITIST FUK
    I learned that I can handle multiple shots of whiskey a lot better on my 35th birthday than i could on my 21st birthday :D

I also learned that I quite enjoy a good whiskey buzz still.. It had been a minute, but wow it was great!!
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    The fans in both Dallas and OKC made the show experiences great, life isn't the same without another PJ show to attend on my horizon.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• i learned that taking a shot of jameson in between each round of beer is not a good idea... sat in with a friend's band last night and trainwrecked a song or two... or maybe three....

jameson makes me forget how to play guitar sometimes... :fp:

i already knew that, but for some reason i never, ever learn that lesson... :fp:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I think in econoclasts Eddie said some thing like this: "you can't be mad at the wind-- it's like being mad at your Mom."
    He's wrong. Try sleeping in a tent in 30mph winds Eddie. I was plenty mad at the fucking wind. :lol: :fp:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • I think in econoclasts Eddie said some thing like this: "you can't be mad at the wind-- it's like being mad at your Mom."
    He's wrong. Try sleeping in a tent in 30mph winds Eddie. I was plenty mad at the fucking wind. :lol: :fp:
    you pitched a tent... uh huh huh huh...

;)

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    I think in econoclasts Eddie said some thing like this: "you can't be mad at the wind-- it's like being mad at your Mom."

;)
    :lol::lol:
    ELITIST FUK

;)

:lol:
    But you know what? Thats the angriest I've ever been while pitching a tent. Got there late, set up the tent in the dark, started pouring rain... :fp: :fp: ...where's that camping thread I started? :think:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

;)

:lol:
    But you know what? Thats the angriest I've ever been while pitching a tent. Got there late, set up the tent in the dark, started pouring rain... :fp: :fp: ...where's that camping thread I started? :think:
    sometimes pitching a tent in the dark can be a good thing...

unfortunately, when erecting a real tent in the dark, it kinda sucks..

glad you made it back in one piece :)

• need to get up late
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Some people are complete idiots when it comes to chain link fencing. Seriously, it's not that difficult! :fp:

My house renos look awesome!

- Christopher McCandless
  • i learned that driving from phoenix to san diego makes the world seem like a very big place. just so vast. when i am in st louis the world seems so small. flying to phoenix, or flying anywhere, the world seems so small. you do that drive out there in the middle of the desert where nothing is around you other than sand and mountains and a strip of highway, you realize just how insignificant you are.

• Giddey up
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bling Bling
  • I can and I will
  • people who hate gonna die with it
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    there are things that i will just never understand. and i just have to leave it at that
  • I learned to play a new song on my guitar. I also thought to myself - If I ever feel bad - I can just go and play some music, sing or listen to music. Music does it for me. Everything. And if music doesn't then it's a matter of changing artist or getting myself back on track by thinking it's all going to work out just fine. I have music, I can hear. My heart beats to the rhythm.

Denmark Copenhagen Forum 10-07-2012
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    there are things that i will just never understand. and i just have to leave it at that
    You are so right.

Denmark Copenhagen Forum 10-07-2012
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    the feeling of "belonging" is of greater importance than I was previously aware.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    That DS is a fucken madman! Dudes on like his 20th PJ show this year! He's debating on wether to continue thru canada and end up in Seattle! You go Dave! But make sure you're all rested and saved up for Europe this summer! Rock on buddy!
  • jeremy spokane