So let it be.
    So let it be.

Sleep, sleep tonight
    And may your dreams be realised.
    If the thunder cloud passes rain
    So let it rain, let it rain
    Rain down on he.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Just heard from Sheila - procedure started later than planned, but all is well. :D
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Just heard from Sheila - procedure started later than planned, but all is well. :D

+1 :D
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Is Sheila taking calls tonight??
    Or is she resting??
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

That's great news :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Good morning! ! I'm much more coherent today than I was last night. Surgery started three hours late yesterday and took an extra hour. :shock: but I'm happy to say I'm cancer free right now!!! Thank heavens! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and well wishes! They definitely helped. :mrgreen:
    I will be in the hospital for today yet. The amazing nurses here got me up and walking already. Even though it was shear torture...it was worth it to walk.
    Physically I'm hurting but I think the mental part of having the hysterectomy done I'm becoming more at ease with. I mean right now..I have to be. Its all out. But I will say this...there were plenty of crying sessions going on before surgery. I believe it helped. No tears yet today. Woohoo!! It is early though. :lol:
    So thank you all for being so thoughtful and so supportive. :mrgreen:
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    edited September 2011
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Good morning! ! I'm much more coherent today than I was last night. Surgery started three hours late yesterday and took an extra hour. :shock: but I'm happy to say I'm cancer free right now!!! Thank heavens! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and well wishes! They definitely helped. :mrgreen:
    I will be in the hospital for today yet. The amazing nurses here got me up and walking already. Even though it was shear torture...it was worth it to walk.
    Physically I'm hurting but I think the mental part of having the hysterectomy done I'm becoming more at ease with. I mean right now..I have to be. Its all out. But I will say this...there were plenty of crying sessions going on before surgery. I believe it helped. No tears yet today. Woohoo!! It is early though. :lol:

Good Morning!

So happy to hear you are up and about. The emotional roller coaster has to happen in order to get to the point of acceptance and healing, in every way. Every step will hurt a little less :D

I truly wish you a quick recovery my dear. Less than 24 hours and you are up and walking?
    Damn Right! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    good morning.

you are one badass lady. holy moly. i'd still be unable to type or move a muscle. you are something. i believe this proves that women are indeed tougher than men. we all know they are smarter too.

this is amazing to me. you are walking around and typing and stuff. besides 81, i am the world's biggest baby.

:mrgreen:

be well, miss. you're kickin ass...bigtime :thumbup:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • sheila0225 wrote:

A W E S O M E.....

We love you girl!!!happy all went well!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    And there goes my no tears thought this morning yet...:lol: plenty of tears now. :lol: thank you all.
    sheila0225 wrote:
    And there goes my no tears thought this morning yet...:lol: plenty of tears now. :lol: thank you all.

I was so glad to hear that everything went well. Its terrific that you are up and about already.
    :D:D:D:D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: :geek: :P :P :D:D;)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

I was so glad to hear that everything went well. Its terrific that you are up and about already.
    Not willingly Rick! :lol:
    chadwick wrote:
    besides 81, i am the world's biggest baby.

:lol::lol::lol:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

Not willingly Rick! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. When my first son was born by c-section, they made his mother get up and walk too soon and luckily I was there at the right moment to catch her when she passed out in the bathroom.

Please make sure you have someone with you when you are up :D:D
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Good morning sunshine!!!!!!

Can I get ya a brat or maybe a pickle??? hehehehehe

Glad to see ya out and about....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    sheila0225 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Good morning sunshine!!!!!!

Can I get ya a brat or maybe a pickle??? hehehehehe

Glad to see ya out and about....
    Id love some room service right now. Thanks. A glass of Pepsi will be much appreciated as well.hehehe
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    awesome news sheila! :mrgreen:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Sheila - that's fantastic news.

I would advice eating large quantities of whatever you want (for me this would be chocolate) as part of your recouperation.

:D
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    glad you're up and about :thumbup:

yeah, I know what you mean about "not willingly." when they propped me up and told me to walk, it was like one step and "I need to get back in bed".......right now! :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    glad you're up and about :thumbup:

yeah, I know what you mean about "not willingly." when they propped me up and told me to walk, it was like one step and "I need to get back in bed".......right now! :lol:
    EXACTLY!!! They had me up at midnight last night and said ok you're going to walk. :lol: I told the nurse as nice as possible that she was crazy. :lol:
    Claireack wrote:
    Sheila - that's fantastic news.

I would advice eating large quantities of whatever you want (for me this would be chocolate) as part of your recouperation.

:D
    That's a fantastic idea Claireack! I'll have to stop on my way home and get some. :mrgreen:
  • So glad you are doing well! I think on your way home you should stock up on some chocolate AND sangria. I will have a toast in your honor tonight :D Great news!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Sheila, you are amazing. You are strong. Imagine how many others you are inspiring right now. I send healing love and light, with hopes for a fast recovery. I hope you enjoy as many brats, pickles, chocolate and pepsi as you please. :D Thank you for updating us so soon. HUGS :mrgreen:
  • FANTASTIC news Sheila!!! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    More great news! I'm being discharged. Woohoooo!! A party is in order i believe. :lol: I'm on my way home to rest in peace and quiet. No waking up every hour. :mrgreen:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    what's this about pickles, lol? I like bread and butter pickles, but my husband prefers "dill chips" like for hamburgers. he thinks the kind I like are gross.

feel better soon ;)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    what's this about pickles, lol? I like bread and butter pickles, but my husband prefers "dill chips" like for hamburgers. he thinks the kind I like are gross.

feel better soon ;)
    Pickles ...oh pickles ...we love pickles here. Lol. Since I started canning pickles that's all I eat...no store bought pickles in this little girls tummy.

Thanks for the well wishes. ;)
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    More great news! I'm being discharged. Woohoooo!! A party is in order i believe. :lol: I'm on my way home to rest in peace and quiet. No waking up every hour. :mrgreen:
    When I was in the hospital after a hysterectomy, I was convinced that the worst part was having them come in and wake me up constantly to check me. Arrgh! Let me sleep!

I'm so glad you're doing well and going home. Take care of yourself and get all the rest you need. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • sheila0225 wrote:

YAY! Hometime!! :mrgreen: Rest well Sheila. You'll have lots of time to party. :mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    bravo! you get to go home...must be recuperating very well!

great news to hear :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless