Cancer....really?

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    it's tomorrow then? well, I will be thinking of you. I am sure you will do great!
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    it's tomorrow then? well, I will be thinking of you. I am sure you will do great!

Tomorrow morning I go in. I'm dropping my oldest son off at school and then taking my youngest one to the sitters house. And off to the hospital I go. Thanks for the thoughts Rick. :D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    sheila0225 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Tomorrow morning I go in. I'm dropping my oldest son off at school and then taking my youngest one to the sitters house. And off to the hospital I go. Thanks for the thoughts Rick. :D

good luck sheila! we're all thinking of you :)
    mini update:

I am going in tomorrow morning after I take care of my boys with school and the sitters house. They changed the hospital that they are doing it at due to some specific on call surgeons that may or may not have to be in with me. (GI surgeon, Urology surgeon, General surgeon and my neurosurgeon) My OB/GYN is worried for some reason with my brain swelling and me being under for so long. They are estimating my surgery taking about 3-4 hours. :o :shock: But I'm glad my Dr is thinking outside the box here and making sure anyone and everyone can be there in a moments notice. Plus their ICU dept is much better. :D

They will be keeping me in the hospital for a minimum of 24 hours maximum 72 hours. Providing all goes according to plan.

I finally got in touch with my mom last night after work and told her the news. Asked her if she would be able to go with me and I got I'm busy. :roll: Well enough. I figured work or something. Nope. A viewing/funeral for a nonfamily member that she just HAS to go to. Fair enough. Had my meltdown and moved on. I'm relieved that she knows. And her decision to not be there for me is fair enough. To each their own.

I will check in here as soon as I can and coherant enough to type and maneuver around. Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts and prayers that you have sent. I truly appreciate each and every last one of them. :mrgreen:
  • I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You will come through this just fine :) Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. (((HUGS))) My traveling companion needs a speedy recover :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You will come through this just fine :) Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. (((HUGS))) My traveling companion needs a speedy recover :)

Especially for next summer! :mrgreen:;)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You will come through this just fine :) Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. (((HUGS))) My traveling companion needs a speedy recover :)

next summer?!?! where are we going??? :mrgreen:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You will come through this just fine :) Let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. (((HUGS))) :)

+1
    love0028.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

next summer?!?! where are we going??? :mrgreen:

we all will be seeing each other. I just feel it. ;)
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Everyhting will go smoothly. We're all thinking of you.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    My best wishes and prayers go out to you.
  • You are in my thoughts Sheila. Sending a 100 000 000+ good vibes your way. Stay strong, stay positive and kick it in the ass!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Hang in there, Sheila. Positive thoughts and many prayers coming your way from So Cal.
  • Good Luck with everything !

8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    Best wishes, Sheila. Good thoughts going out for you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• good luck, good luck, good luck sheila!
    you'll be in my thoughts and wish you the very best!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• thinking about you today Sheila. Hope all goes flawlessly!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    F'ing hate cancer. Your in my thoughts/prayers. Stay strong.
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
  • Best Wishes my dear friend........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Love and light today Shelia!! xoxo
  • Truly hoping for the best for you.

You'll be dancin at a Pearl Jam concert before you know it.
    Nice shirt.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    ((((( vibes )))))) :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Here's to waking up cancer free!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Ditto x4 on these great comments/wishes/hugs and prayers from your caring Pearl Jam friends
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Dear Sheila,
    I have been thinking of you. I hope it all went very smoothly. Much love, light and HUGS! XO
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    be well please. this cancer stuff makes me teary eyed. please please please
    and thank you.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Hope today is turning point for you and that everything goes well!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • hope you are well sheila.....xo
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Kick cancer's sorry butt, we're all rooting for you!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016