Cancer....really?

123457»

Comments

• Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    fantastic news Sheila! :D
    good that all went well!!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    is this chapter over? or is there chemo or anything yet to be done? :?

glad you're home....altho I actually liked the hospital :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    So happy to read this, Sheila.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    imalive wrote:
    is this chapter over? or is there chemo or anything yet to be done? :?

glad you're home....altho I actually liked the hospital :lol:
    As of right now...I go back this week for a post-op appointment. My ob/gyn will then go over my options and treatment plan for the next year. If I remember correctly I will be checked every 3 months for cancer. I should not need chemotherapy. Unless it spreads to other parts and gets into the tissue. I'll know more later this week.

And you liking the hospital....well I bet they had some great nurses there. Me....I hate hospitals. Not a fan lately.
    I just wanna thank Enkidu and Comebackgirl for the uplift today. I got some great mail today and it definitely helped with my mood today. So thank you to the both of you. You guys are great! :mrgreen:
  • sheila!
    so glad you are home and things are going well!
    here's to hoping for smooth sailing and NO more evil cancer cells, anywhere!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• I hope things are much better day by day. You are amazing. 8-)
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    I just wanna thank Enkidu and Comebackgirl for the uplift today. I got some great mail today and it definitely helped with my mood today. So thank you to the both of you. You guys are great! :mrgreen:
    Glad it helped lift your mood! I hope you're doing ok :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    Sheila, I want to thank you for your brave spirit and great ability to remain positive through your struggle. One of my oldest, dearest friend just told me she has cancer so I'm learning how important it is for us to be supportive of each other. Your courage is inspiring! You've taught us all a lot about courage- thank you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    How you doing today Sheila?? Hope you're not doing to bad.

:)
    I've had some struggles this week. Landed up back at the hospital and multiple trips to the doctors office. My kidneys aren't working properly and I have an infection somewhere in my body. So I'm on heavy antibiotics and having to have more than the average amount of fluids to flush my kidneys. :roll: I feel like a pregnant lady all over again. :lol:

Since my surgery I'm battling with being down in the dumps. I didn't think it would really affect me emotionally. But it has. The part that's bothering me the most is the fact that I now can't ever carry a child. And I know I should be thankful for my two wonderful boys now and I am. And I should be thankful that I am cancer free. And I am. Very much so on both. :mrgreen: But I think it's the fact that I am so young and still considered a child bearing age woman. Who knows. Just getting thoughts out.

Thank you all for the PM's and notes on here of encouragement. It means the world. :mrgreen:
  • I hope your doing good these days :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
    Thanks! And thank you to you and Brianlux for the cards! It helped lift my spirits last week. :)

I'm doing good. Got some awesome news this morning. I don't need another surgery. I had a little mishap last week that put me back at the hospital with my surgeon. He had me back on complete bedrest for a few days. And everything worked itself out from doing that. So I'm on my way to recovery and taking things one day at a time.

My moods have been up and down. There are some days that I'm doing great and then there are days that I will cry all day for no apparent reason. But my doctor reassured me that this is completely normal. Thank heavens.

So thank you to you all who have checked in on me and send me cards while I've been down. YOu have no idea how much that all means to me in this transition time.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Glad to hear things are going well for you Sheila!!
    Stay strong chica! :)
    mca47 wrote:
    Glad to hear things are going well for you Sheila!!
    Stay strong chica! :)

Thanks. :mrgreen: It's one day at a time I go.
  • *bump*

I'll share one thing in public though... My PJ20 book arrived! ;) (small steps...)

x
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    sheila0225 wrote:

Since my surgery I'm battling with being down in the dumps. I didn't think it would really affect me emotionally. But it has. The part that's bothering me the most is the fact that I now can't ever carry a child. And I know I should be thankful for my two wonderful boys now and I am. And I should be thankful that I am cancer free. And I am. Very much so on both. :mrgreen: But I think it's the fact that I am so young and still considered a child bearing age woman. Who knows. Just getting thoughts out.
    I know what you mean :cry: . That said, I wish I wish I wish my only downside was not being able to have kids. Then again, I'm a guy ;)

You and I are cancer free. That's what's important.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

I know what you mean :cry: . That said, I wish I wish I wish my only downside was not being able to have kids. Then again, I'm a guy ;)

You and I are cancer free. That's what's important.

Cancer Free indeed! I'm so thankful for that. For both of us. :mrgreen: