Cancer....really?

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Where is it? If I may ask. :oops:

That is fine. It's cervial and ovarian cancer. If Imalive can talk about a cancer ridden pooper and no one be squeemish about it then I have no problem talking about my cancer ridden ovaries and cervix.

Surgery date has been set for Sept 16th.

I just didn't want to embarrass you. I am already sending you lots of healing love and light. xo

Oh gosh no! don't be silly. I figure it this way....If I can undergo brain surgery and have a 50/50 chance of coming off the table alive....why not be open about this? This might help and encourage another woman that it is ok to talk and share about this. That it happens to others and that she doesn't have to go through it alone.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Oh gosh no! don't be silly. I figure it this way....If I can undergo brain surgery and have a 50/50 chance of coming off the table alive....why not be open about this? This might help and encourage another woman that it is ok to talk and share about this. That it happens to others and that she doesn't have to go through it alone.

+a million :clap:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Lots of prayers good thoughts and love

enjoy PJ20 and like chickweed said no better medicine than PJ live! :D
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    *Hugs*

Sheila, I hope things were caught early and that some good options are on the table.

Yes. :)

Sorry to read about this and good luck.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    psst..Sheila..post a fuckin smile.. :D you know..the ones give positivity around here.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I'll be thinking about you, sending much positive energy your way!
    I hope to meet you next weekend and we can have a toast to PJ! :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    sheila0225 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

Had the sitdown today. Will undergo surgery after PJ20 to remove the cancer.

Where is it? If I may ask. :oops:

That is fine. It's cervial and ovarian cancer. If Imalive can talk about a cancer ridden pooper and no one be squeemish about it then I have no problem talking about my cancer ridden ovaries and cervix.

oh, man :cry:

I hope for you it is a quick cut it out. recover. done!

I'll be thinking of you :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    I feel bad for what you are going through. Hugs. I'll be praying all goes well with your surgery. In the meantine, have a wonderful time at PJ20!
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Wow, Sheila. I am sorry to hear this, but relieved that it was caught so early.

We will raise a glass (or many) together next weekend, and put you in the proper frame of mind for the rest of September.

(((hug)))
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    psst..Sheila..post a fuckin smile.. :D you know..the ones give positivity around here.. :D
    :D:D:mrgreen:
    How can I not have a smile on my face knowing I'm going to see you NEXT WEEK!! :mrgreen:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    this bites. please be strong and smart about everything. i am sorry and sad and everything.

(my mom was just diagnosed with 80% chance of cancer on her kidney. why 80%? because she had breast cancer many years ago)

sad sad stuff.

be well, sheila
    be frickin well lady
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    Sheila, you've come to the right place for support. We're all pullin' for you! Best wishes.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Wow, Sheila. I am sorry to hear this, but relieved that it was caught so early.

We will raise a glass (or many) together next weekend, and put you in the proper frame of mind for the rest of September.

(((hug)))
    We will definitely be raising many glasses next week. MANY!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Disheartening news but you will get through it! Stay strong! Sending you lots of strength and positive thoughts. You've got all of us here as an additional support system. You can get through it. Sending hugs.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    wow. i just saw this....
    thoughts & prayers are with you, Sheila. can't wait to see you @ Hemingway's & buy you a beer next week!

take care..
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    stay strong Sheila, my thoughts are with you

see ya next week :D
  • Could you please share what symptoms you were having?

--and think of it this way:

if the doctors were VERY concerned, they would insist on operating right away, not pushing it back 3 weeks!
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    chadwick wrote:
    this bites. please be strong and smart about everything. i am sorry and sad and everything.

(my mom was just diagnosed with 80% chance of cancer on her kidney. why 80%? because she had breast cancer many years ago)

sad sad stuff.

be well, sheila
    be frickin well lady

Stay strong, too. Lots of love, light and hugs to your mom.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Oh no :( I just saw this. (((HUGS))) to you. Hang in there. You'll get through this. Lots of positive vibes coming your way.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    sheila0225 wrote:

You will have all of my good thoughts on the 16th. :thumbup:
  • I just saw this too!! So we need bracelets that say "save the pooter" for you eh? On a serious note I will keep you in my prayers!! And at least you caught it in time!! For PJ20, rock out, have fun, and get all your "partying" out of the system, so you can be at peace and ready to get better!! Love, hugs, and Prayers go to you from Colorado Springs!!!
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Sorry to hear it. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    Like they couldn't have called and said everything looks great...See ya next year. NOPE!! Not this time. My doctor himself called and broke the news. And my doctor never calls me personally. Usually I get to talk to the amazing nurses in his office. Instead I get a personalized phone call from him, on his day off mind you, to come into the office right away. So there I go darting up to the hospital where his office is. And WHAM-O!!! You have cancer Sheila! WTF?!?!?!
    So...next week can not come quick enough. So I can unwind, have a glass of wine, and have a great weekend listening to my favorite band with some pretty amazing people.

End ranting and crying. thanks for listening.
    Wow..
    This one floored me.....

Im sorry to hear this Sheila...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Thank you everyone!I'm handling this all better than I thought I would. Maybe it's because I have my boys birthday party today to tend to and keep me busy. Who knows.
    Either way...I'm winning this battle!

The hardest part is telling my family. Some are shocked...some are "oh its just cancer, it happens to everyone"...and some are " oh ok....I gotta go finish cooking". So I'm keeping it to my circle that I want to know. And that is you wonderful folks here and my immediate family.

So thank you all for your love and support and prayers and encouraging messages. Some of you....I'll see you next week and we WILL raise a glass or many. :mrgreen:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    oh my sheila... :(
    hugs to you!
    be strong and i hope you have an awesome time at the shows.
    much love.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Best wishes to you.

There is way too much challenging stuff going around this year.

I am glad that PJ20 is happening as a brief refrain from the real world!

Hopefully we can put our ailments, predicaments, worries and concerns on hold as best we can until after PJ20!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    We got you! We will all be here for all the support and love a bunch of crazies can dole out!

It has to be hard telling the loved ones, and their responses are as varied as their personalities, but dont think that anyone is just dismissing it as "its just cancer". Some of us, and them, have never had to have that conversation before, and it is a defensive reaction. They all care, and so do we.

be strong
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So very sad to hear, but so glad it was caught early enough for surgery! That makes all the difference. Stay strong! :) Big hugs and best wishes your way for sure and also hope to see you at PJ20!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Good thoughts to you, girl...scary shit, but you seem like a strong woman and I know you will be OK.

PJ20 is going to be fabulous for your heart and mindset.

stay strong and the very best luck to you!!!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Best wishes, hope you beat the shit out of this disease.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014