Hurricane Irene

Comments

• ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    metsfan wrote:
    Tone wrote:
    Yeah, I haven't been around these parts for a while :)

Times Square could use a jolly good clean!
    i know you haven't thats why i was like whoa blast from the old free board past. :)

times square could use but not this kinda clean

Yeah, I haven't been on board in well over a year... maybe 1.5 years. And cause I'm hopeless and don't know people's handles... are you on FB with me? I get confused, lol.

It is scary, I'm trying not to panic... it's so eerily quiet out there.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    man ...long beach ny is fuckin empty...im really afraid about the family summer house there...eye is heading staraight for there atm

if the bay and ocean both rise enough to meet in the middle....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

very exposed area ....thank god no one is there
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Tone wrote:

Yeah, I haven't been on board in well over a year... maybe 1.5 years. And cause I'm hopeless and don't know people's handles... are you on FB with me? I get confused, lol.

It is scary, I'm trying not to panic... it's so eerily quiet out there.
    most likely im not lol

i'm trying not to panic either
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

man ...long beach ny is fuckin empty...im really afraid about the family summer house there...eye is heading staraight for there atm

if the bay and ocean both rise enough to meet in the middle....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry to hear that

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Am I the only one that can't read those radars? It looks like the worst of the storm is clearing out of philly, but they are saying the worst of the storm is going to be overnight.

worst is yet to come... 4-5 am is when shit is gonna start to really hit the fan

the yellow is the most intense part of the storm right? most of that is northwest of philly at this point. I don't see how the worst is coming for us.

then again, I don't know shit about forecasting the weather

nooo thts the outer band...which is the weakest actually
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited August 2011
    metsfan wrote:

sorry to hear that

thank go nobody got stuck there...my bro and wife went to wantagh ..thank god

property can be replaced in the worst case
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

I had to drive down to the in-laws shorehouse last night to prep some stuff for the storm. I hope their house is still standing. Apparently the Lewes, DE area got slammed pretty good...a few small tornadoes touched down in that area.

Isn't it weird that there is no lightning? I figured it would be thundering and lightning like crazy
    My friend down Jersey Shore reported alot of thunder a couple of hours ago... I think it just depends where you are.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.

Right... main thing is that no-one is there... I just hope everyone stays indoors and safe!
    The Fixer wrote:

I had to drive down to the in-laws shorehouse last night to prep some stuff for the storm. I hope their house is still standing. Apparently the Lewes, DE area got slammed pretty good...a few small tornadoes touched down in that area.

Isn't it weird that there is no lightning? I figured it would be thundering and lightning like crazy

any house on the water is obviously in the worst place...which mot summer places are obviously....this whole thing has me feeling weird

i didnt realize tornado's were gonna be such a big threat on top of everything else

this radar map has colored that ive never seen b4
    Tone wrote:

Right... main thing is that no-one is there... I just hope everyone stays indoors and safe!

if you are stupid enough to go outside.....

hope they stay in
    new update chance the eye might go over nyc......where my parents live by the brooklyn bridge

thats would be a disasterous flood situation....

man i need heavy drugs
    Yeah, expected in the morning to cross NYC... your parents not in an evac zone? Have to hope for best... this city is prepared, no-one is out on the streets.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    two of my sisters were evecuated from their towns, dad's working so mom's home alone.... getting nervous
    conman wrote:
    two of my sisters were evecuated from their towns, dad's working so mom's home alone.... getting nervous

Where's your family?
    Tone wrote:
    conman wrote:

Where's your family?
    south shore of Long Island
    Hope they're all okay and away from low lying areas and the coast
    Tone wrote:
    Yeah, expected in the morning to cross NYC... your parents not in an evac zone? Have to hope for best... this city is prepared, no-one is out on the streets.

they ae out of it by 1 block...which means they are in it

12th floor in apt.
    Tone wrote:
    Hope they're all okay and away from low lying areas and the coast
    thanks! i've been keeping in touch with them and they're prepared for it so i hope it's not as bad as i think it is
  • ugh...worst day of work ever..tomorrow will likely be worse. nothing like tying to re-accommodate clients who are stranded in the Caribbean/Mexico and having to tell them that they can't get back home for days.

and to top it off, my parents are in South Jersey near the shore :-(
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    ugh...worst day of work ever..tomorrow will likely be worse. nothing like tying to re-accommodate clients who are stranded in the Caribbean/Mexico and having to tell them that they can't get back home for days.

i would be very pleased if i was in the caribbean and was told that i can't go home for a few more days... but that's just me :P
  • conman wrote:
    ugh...worst day of work ever..tomorrow will likely be worse. nothing like tying to re-accommodate clients who are stranded in the Caribbean/Mexico and having to tell them that they can't get back home for days.

i would be very pleased if i was in the caribbean and was told that i can't go home for a few more days... but that's just me :P

LOL!! You say that now...until you realize that you have to pay for extra hotel nights, miss work...and possibly not get home until Sept 4 because flights are all sold out!!!

conman wrote:

LOL!! You say that now...until you realize that you have to pay for extra hotel nights, miss work...and possibly not get home until Sept 4 because flights are all sold out!!!
    i would still be very pleased...
  • conman wrote:
    conman wrote:

I would be very pleased if i was in the caribbean and was told that i can't go home for a few more days... but that's just me :P

i would still be very pleased...

hee hee!! I'll let you make all those calls to our clients then :-)

hee hee!! I'll let you make all those calls to our clients then :-)
    PM me their numbers :P
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited August 2011
    This is scary! Our roof is already leaking. I'm praying for everyone in the hurricane's path. I hope you all stay safe.

Oh no! The lights just flickered!
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
    just strong wind gust and had heavy for a bit that has now stopped

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i read at news and a friend from nj told me,that today is gonna be worst day..i hope all be safe..
    stay calm and listen to pearl jam..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    I just got a call from my best friend. She has been out on a fishing boat for the last few days, no way to get a hold of her. She is 30 minutes from land and just north of the storm. She is safe...

Thank you. I can breath again. :D
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • A relative of ours was meant to be getting married in NYC today, I guess it was called of. :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014