Options

****Official Metallica thread****

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    Is it an American thing those stupid sleeves 
    I believe their genesis is in baseball, so yes, an American thing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,051
    80s horror movie-thing
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    Bought GA tix on the train out to see them. Said screw it. I’ll get tix somehow and under face!

was as close to rail as can be. 

Got Orion!!! Harvester of Sorrow and Battery. 3 I’ve not heard before!!!

new songs were great. Killed them. 

These are my first concert pics from a show I’ve attended. I’ve got setlists but never a pick so woohoo!

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,752
    Bought GA tix on the train out to see them. Said screw it. I’ll get tix somehow and under face!

These are my first concert pics from a show I’ve attended. I’ve got setlists but never a pick so woohoo!

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 

Nice shots, great pic scores!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,990
    Great spot Chris and songs. Good man love it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 

Surprised you have never got Battery or Harverster. They play them a lot. I think i need Orion still. Also they debuted Shadows Follow last night as well, so that's cool. How was Pantera?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,907

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 
    That’s awesome! Sounds like a great night. Love the picks as well. Have fun Sunday. 
  • Options

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 

Surprised you have never got Battery or Harverster. They play them a lot. I think i need Orion still. Also they debuted Shadows Follow last night as well, so that's cool. How was Pantera?
    Went back to see my previous set lists and I did get both Battery and Harvest… I guess it’s been a few years and I forgot, lol.  Orion was definitely a first.  I wanted that and Breadfan but it seems like they won’t play that.  Too few songs…

Because it was a last second decision I missed Zack and Pantera…. Heard them from outside the stadium though.

Five finger ass punch is up Sunday.  Meh.  I hope they do that bad company song though.  I like that cover.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 

Went back to see my previous set lists and I did get both Battery and Harvest… I guess it’s been a few years and I forgot, lol.  Orion was definitely a first.  I wanted that and Breadfan but it seems like they won’t play that.  Too few songs…

Because it was a last second decision I missed Zack and Pantera…. Heard them from outside the stadium though.

Five finger ass punch is up Sunday.  Meh.  I hope they do that bad company song though.  I like that cover.

Going back through my Metallica set lists, I've only heard Harverster once, battery a handful of times and yeah no Orion. I'm sure i've seen Breadfan at least once.

Didn't know Prong also was there, always liked them.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Shoot bud. Looks like a blast. Awesome.
  • Options
    OK.  Went back again to see the 2nd Metallica show.  Basically they split up a show into two shows now.  They just add another instrumental.

The 2nd show wasn't as exciting to me as the first.  The 2nd show was filled with a bunch of the bigger hits that I'm tired of listening to. For whom the bells toll, Ride the Lightning and Memory remains are not on my top list of songs I wanted to hear...

Sanitarium, Blackened and Whiplash were great.  Unforgiven, Hammett was on point with that solo.  It's actually my favorite solo he's done and to hear it played as well as they did, amazing.

Never thought I'd hear Ktulu.  I really wanted To Live is to Die but maybe next time around I'll hear that.  It was good but not the instrumental I was hoping for.

So the closing songs of Blackened, Whiskey, One and Sandman went awesome.  That's a fun way to end a show even if I'm sick of hearing Enter Sandman, lol.

Whiskey was another surprise.  Didn't think we'd get any covers.  Of all they do Bread Fan or Whiskey I Wanted to hear so this was awesome.

Show was a 9/10 for me.  They deliver every single night.   Song selection is the only reason it gets a 9.

Oh and we got to hear Murf da Smurf, lol.  Rob and Hammett made up the song about an hour before the show.

If anyone else was there did the drumming on One seem off?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    Did the drumming at a Metallica concert sound off? 😂😂😂. I’m only teasing. He gets so much shit from people that shitting on Lars has become so lame. 

I can’t believe you went to MetLife twice in 3 days. Good for you. I swore that place off in 2017. How was it getting in and out? Did you drive?
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Did the drumming at a Metallica concert sound off? 😂😂😂. I’m only teasing. He gets so much shit from people that shitting on Lars has become so lame. 

I can’t believe you went to MetLife twice in 3 days. Good for you. I swore that place off in 2017. How was it getting in and out? Did you drive?
    I know he gets shit but there are songs I literally know every damn note to and I heard missed beats. A part in One and Enter Sandman.  When you hear them thousands of times you know what it sounds like, lol.

For the most part he did great though.  

I took the choochoo in.  Easy as hell getting in and out of Jersey.  Penn, not so much.  They know how to move people out of there via mass transit.  Penn station gives no F’s about shows that happen there in the city, lol.

Had GA the 2nd night too.  Will post pics eventually.  Struck out on guitar picks.  I tried but they didn’t throw them in my direction.

Did not have a ticket going in.  Figured I’d get one closer to the show.  Prices went up instead of down.  Ended up buying a GA for face of TM just outside the venue on my phone.  I wasn’t worried about getting in as there were PLENTY of cheap seats available.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 

Going back through my Metallica set lists, I've only heard Harverster once, battery a handful of times and yeah no Orion. I'm sure i've seen Breadfan at least once.

I'd go just to see Pantera And PRONG. Never seen Pantera....love that song Cemetery Gates. PRONG I've seen several times, the first was in small club in DC 92' The 9:30 Club. They weren't more than 200 people there, I had some friends that worked there and they let me in backstage and met the three members.  I must have a thing for 3 member bands, anyway they were so cool 😎 to spend time with me. I told them whenever and wherever I'm I'd try and promote them your more music 🎶 is too good not to. 

As for Metallica it's been some time since I've seen them so hopefully they'll head down south where I'd love to see them again.

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 610
    That’s not Pantera. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    I was at both NJ shows.

Got there late on Friday, missed most of Wolfie, annoyed cause I wanted to see him play. No one plays like his dad, of course, but from what I've seen, Woflie can shred.

Funny, saw Zakk Wylde and was like "Why the hell is he here" lol, had no idea him and Charlie Benante were playing w/Pantera. Not into Pantera's music, no reason, but they were pretty good.

Skipped both bands on Sunday.

Metallica was fantastic, as expected. Friday was the better, tighter show IMO, even with Kirk messing up Nothing Else Matters.

@tempo_n_groove

You're right about Lars night 2, I heard the same missed beats you did.

Papa Het turned 60 that Thursday, Lars is 60 in December, and they can still bring the heavy. Amazing.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    I've seen Lars miss beats quite frequently this tour on you tube. They sound tight otherwise. Lepah messiah from UK show is so heavy and the bass is so good
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    g under p said:

yeah. I’m going Sunday. 

I'd go just to see Pantera And PRONG. Never seen Pantera....love that song Cemetery Gates. PRONG I've seen several times, the first was in small club in DC 92' The 9:30 Club. They weren't more than 200 people there, I had some friends that worked there and they let me in backstage and met the three members.  I must have a thing for 3 member bands, anyway they were so cool 😎 to spend time with me. I told them whenever and wherever I'm I'd try and promote them your more music 🎶 is too good not to. 

As for Metallica it's been some time since I've seen them so hopefully they'll head down south where I'd love to see them again.

✌️
    Prong huh?  When I heard Beg To Differ that was all I needed to not listen to them again…. I had friends that loved them.  Just couldn’t get into them.
  • Options
    I've seen Lars miss beats quite frequently this tour on you tube. They sound tight otherwise. Lepah messiah from UK show is so heavy and the bass is so good
    Well, they fix it afterwards in time for their youtube uploads. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Fan you tubes
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    DropBearDropBear Australia Posts: 10
    Yeah as you can see big fan here also, 1st seen the boys in the early 90s, Hope they announce an Australian tour already....
  • Options
    Great haul
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    ZoSoTim said:
    That’s not Pantera. 
    Definitely not.

It would be like Sammy Hagar touring with his Circle band but dubbing it Van Halen.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Metallica has their WHOLE CATALOG on sale for $500.  It comes out to like $32 an album and a bunch are multi too.

That's all of em.  S&M, garage, Garageinc, etc.

• Kill 'Em All - Remastered Vinyl   
    • Ride the Lightning - Remastered Vinyl 
    • Master of Puppets (Remastered) - Vinyl   
    • The $5.98 EP - Garage Days Re-Revisited (Remastered) Vinyl 
    • ...And Justice For All (Remastered) - Vinyl (2LP)
    • Metallica (The Black Album) Remastered - Vinyl (2LP)
    • Load - Vinyl (2LP) 
    • Reload - Vinyl (2LP)  
    • Garage Inc. - Vinyl (3LP)   
    • S&M - Vinyl (3LP)   
    • St. Anger - Vinyl (2LP)   
    • Death Magnetic - Vinyl (2LP)   
    • Hardwired...To Self-Destruct - Vinyl (2LP)
    • S&M2 Vinyl (4LP)   
    • 72 Seasons Vinyl (2LP) 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

Those are my fav types of shirts Rob, lol!
    mine too! love me a good raglan!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Is it an American thing those stupid sleeves 
    probably, since it's a baseball style
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    those 3/4 sleeves were HUGE in rock band shirts in the 80's. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269
    I saw them a few weeks ago in Montreal (night 1) and thought it was fantastic. I was on the floor and recommend rotating around the circle with the band. People fight for a spot at the rail but you only get 3-4 songs in that position.  It’s better to be 10-people back for the entire show. 
  • Options

Show tomorrow is canceled. I went to the LA shows last weekend and now have covid too. Be careful all you jammer’s  on tour. It’s going around again and totally sux.
  • Options
    I'm impressed that they think James will be ready to go in a week, without hesitation. hopefully it doesn't get bumped again. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com