albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,023
    edited June 2023

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    They played until it sleeps. 

They can play whatever on sunday. Ill be happy
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,965
    Glad you got your song
    Nice one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Well SC that was a set list I would have loved
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Well SC that was a set list I would have loved
    Great show.

But the stage is really bad. Way too big. You couldn't see any of the band for like more than half the show and the screens would rather show computer generated graphics than the band.

So, for these stadium shows I would have picked a seated ticket if I wanted to actually see the band. Hehe
  • Options
    Seeing Metallica tonight
  • Options
    NO LEAF CLOVER
  • Options
    If you are going to the US dates or dates next year, go seated and not standing (unless you have whatever they call it snakepit early entrance la la).

The first 3-4 songs night one I didn't see one member of the band. And I was close to the stage. Just empty mick stands. Not even the back of anyone. Didn't see a drumset.

I would have, knowing that, rather had e seat and be able to see what they did on the stage.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,176
    That's rough.  The last time I saw Metallica was in 2012, and they had a big ass stage so the people in the bit were wrapped around the outer edge of the floor.  At least those were arena shows, so the stage/floor was smaller, and they rotated the positions, so one band member was always facing one side of the arena and at least I could see what was going on elsewhere.

I could see how that would be a problem with a much bigger floor and stage.
  • Options
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    Today be like …
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    locked said:
    Today be like …
    Is this And Justice era or 96 era?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    locked said:
    Today be like …
    Is this And Justice era or 96 era?

'96 i believe. I have this t-shirt.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    I've been a Metallica kick lately and the more I listen to 72 Seasons the better it gets. I listened to St. Anger, Load and Reload and man those are horrible albums! Death Magnetic is such a great album along side their classic stuff.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    I've been a Metallica kick lately and the more I listen to 72 Seasons the better it gets. I listened to St. Anger, Load and Reload and man those are horrible albums! Death Magnetic is such a great album along side their classic stuff.
    Load is a solid album, IMO. ReLoad is my least fav Metallica album (don't care for like half the songs on there), St. Anger is next to last.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Load is a solid album, IMO. ReLoad is my least fav Metallica album (don't care for like half the songs on there), St. Anger is next to last.

Load is better than ReLoad but St. Anger takes the cake as the worst. The production and horrible lyrics just make it unlistenable. 
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 307
    Load has really grown on me over the years, I love the way it sounds. Reload has a few gems but not one I'll listen to straight through. I never really cared for St Anger but I listened to it a lot in 2020, I think the whole COVID/ me turning 40 made it relatable in a shit show kind of way lol
  • Options
    I got a mystery t shirt in the sale . Lovely but it has 3/4 arms
     What a shame. How does one wear a t shirt with stupid arms.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

Those are my fav types of shirts Rob, lol!
  • Options
    I like the shirt but how do you wear the sleeve s they just dangle all lame 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    DON’T SHIT ON LOAD AND RELOAD PLEASE PEOPLE HAVE A HEART
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    two sold out shows at met life stadium, outside of premium tickets, impressive.

not too long ago, maybe five years, was considering floor GA for Nassau coliseum and iirc tix were $175 and I passed...it mostly sold out but there were a selection of face value tickets available . How times changed so quickly in the ticket world. 
  • Options
    two sold out shows at met life stadium, outside of premium tickets, impressive.

not too long ago, maybe five years, was considering floor GA for Nassau coliseum and iirc tix were $175 and I passed...it mostly sold out but there were a selection of face value tickets available . How times changed so quickly in the ticket world. 
    As stated by me, and 120.000 people at Ullevi Arena, Gothenburg standing tickets suckef ass with their stage setup. 

But I paid 1700 SEK ($157) for the two nights. Not bad. How much is the double-concert thing in the US?
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    edited July 2023
    I missed the pre-sales, blew Paris and Met Life. I'm going to the Met Life shows. I looked at the setups for the European shows and tried to zero in on good standing re-sale seats without declaring bankruptcy lol. The stands for those video monitors look like they could block a lot of views. I assume the setup will be largely the same, so I picked center stage, maybe 20 rows up, hopefully in-between the two closest video monitors. I assume it'll be tough to see some of the band at some point. It is what it is.
    Post edited by We All Believe on
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    HA HA!
  • Options
    joe159 said:
    Load has really grown on me over the years, I love the way it sounds. Reload has a few gems but not one I'll listen to straight through. I never really cared for St Anger but I listened to it a lot in 2020, I think the whole COVID/ me turning 40 made it relatable in a shit show kind of way lol
    I can see how COVID desperation can make St. Anger listenable! 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I assume they'll eventually put out a boxset like they did for the first five albums, but with Load and ReLoad combined into one boxset. And so help me God, if they don't name it OVERLOAD, then I'll lose all faith in Metallica. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Is it an American thing those stupid sleeves 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07