Options

The New England Patriots Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I dvr'd that shit, can't wait to watch it. "It's like throwing into a forest"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:
    I guess Belichick wanted the Giants to throw to Manningham.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 04476.html

With all due repect to Mannigham, he was the lesser of the 3 evils. Up until that point in the game, it was a Cruz and Nicks game. So Belichick wasn't wrong at that point. What he was wrong about is that Manningham is and has been one of the best recievers in the NFL. You can only cover so many guys with 11 guys on the defense. Manningham wasn't the Pats top priority at that point. He made them eat their words. It's over. Giants are World Champs until next February. See if they can prove they are the best next year.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    I'm still not taking this very well. Cheers to the Giants and their fans. Classy team and classy organization. But this one's difficult getting over.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    I'm still not taking this very well. Cheers to the Giants and their fans. Classy team and classy organization. But this one's difficult getting over.
    As apposed to the perfect season loss :?.........................
    I would think that must have been much worse :o ...................................

Sorry, not all of us Giant fans are classy ;) ...................................... :lol:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Hey Wes Welker. This is how you do it. :lol:

img_wBSbTPeqMB4.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    I certainly hope the Patriots use one of their first round picks and get that Wallace WR from the Steelers. HE would be more than worth to give the Patriots a deep threat which they sorely need. Pump up that old arm Brady...now go-get-er-don!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Make that move for Wallace NOW!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Brady Beware:

34861d1331695936-free-agent-de-mario-williams-unlikely-sign-mario-williams2.png
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    Brady Beware:

Man, Nate Solder better hit the gym and build up his endurance if he has any chance of blocking Mario Williams next year. If not, Brady will be in a world of hurt.

Not a bad payday for Williams either. $96 mil for 6 years and $50 mil guaranteed. :shock:

Cha-Ching!

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Brady should be used to it considering he keeps getting the Giants in the superbowl ;)
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    Brady Beware:

I gather a great move considering the move they made with J Ferguson for 100mil.

Peace

• Options
    Patriots are loaded at the wide receiver position but they won't win a Super Bowl until they upgrade at running back. Llyod will make a huge difference in opening up the field but will it be enoug?.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1185 ... nal-roster

Peace

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    And I take my first post on the new board for this riveting news ...

No shock to anyone ... Chad Ochocinco released
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    More news today ... looks like Gronk will be sticking around for a while ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pats-pro-t ... nKhJk5nYcB

~~~~GRONK SMASH!!!~~~~
    132715185_display_image.jpg?1321568203

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    What's up jimed?

Yo Soy Fiesta
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    What's up jimed?

Yo Soy Fiesta

What up ... is it football season yet?

Not that I've given up on the Sox ... (although, I kind of don't care about the Celtics) ... but, I am looking forward to another football season to start up.

• Options
    Just changed the name of the thread so it can keep rolling into this season. So much good input from last year it would be a shame to start a new one. Good on Mr. Kraft for locking up Gronk long term. He'll have Brady for another 4-5 which is the majority of his contract so I can see the Pats being contenders for a couple more seasons. Also glad they got rid of Nochocinco. They'll be better without him. Man, is it August yet?

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r62_qMog ... =endscreen

youre gonna need PG when mario williams rushes the shit out of brady

8-)
  • Options
    Well, went to the game the other night. Brady and Lloyd could have connected a couple of times for significant yardage but it didn't happen. Obviously it's only pre-season but the only have 4 weeks to get it together. Mallett looked pretty good. He's got a strong arm and good sense of pocket presence. I think the O-line needs lots of help. Matt Light has big shoes to fill.

Anyways, can't believe football season is back. Let's hope the Pats can have similar success this year (just win the last big game this time ;) )

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    youngster wrote:
    Anyways, can't believe football season is back. Let's hope the Pats can have similar success this year (just win the last big game this time ;) )
    Unless it's against Eli and the Giants. ;)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

The goddamn Giants better not be in another SB ever against the Pats. I don't think I can handle it if it happens again.

• Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

The goddamn Giants better not be in another SB ever against the Pats. I don't think I can handle it if it happens again.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    What's gonna be more fun this year? Watching the Pats demolish defenses or watching the debacle with the Jets?
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    2ND TO NY AS USUAL
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    What's gonna be more fun this year? Watching the Pats demolish defenses or watching the debacle with the Jets?
    The debacle with the Jets. It's already funny watching that team.
  • Options

I would love to see the Pats demolish defenses. But unless the O-line steps it up in the next couple week's, Brady's gonna be a hurtin.

• Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is the strongest team in football coming into this season
  • Options
    This is the strongest team in football coming into this season

I disagree ... but whatever, they are good ... and the season starts tonight! (Love the NFC East games, always entertaining)

Pats get a match up with the Titans in Nashville. No Kenny Britt, thankfully ... but Chris Johnson looks to be back to his old, dominant self. Curious if Munchak will play the revenge card based on the last time these guys met (59-0 - Pats).

Intrigued to see how the new cats on defense perform.

Anyway ... it's football season!

• Options
    T-minus 1 hour!!!!

Man, can't believe it is finally here. I have been watching pregame since 9am. :D

Still worried about the O-line this year. Today is their first real test. I think they will give Brady the time he needs to complete passes. Also have Ridley as my fantasy RB today since Mojo isn't slated to get many carries.

Let's get it on!!!!