Options

The New England Patriots Thread

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Who do the Pats have today?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:
    Who do the Pats have today?

Titans
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    The line is holding much better than I anticipated. Ridley looks real strong and I'm glad I started him in my fantasy league. Lloyd looks like Randy Moss a bit. Enjoying this game so far.

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Nice start to the season, it would have nice to watch the game but I had to settle for the Phins of Miami.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Got lucky with it out here in Los Angeles.

Pats looking good to start.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Intrigued to see how the new cats on defense perform.

Jones and Hightower combining for a strip sack touchdown ... nice start, but, it was against a rookie QB. Holding Johnson to a career low 4 yards rushing has to mean something, though ... right?
    youngster wrote:
    Ridley looks real strong and I'm glad I started him in my fantasy league.

Little known fact, the Pats have been in the top 10 or so in rushing 4 of the past 5 years and the top 5 in rushing TDs all those years. No one would know because they split it up between 3 backs.

If Ridley is indeed the main guy, he could be a top 10 back easily. I was happy to see him catching passes and targeted a few other times as I got him late in 2 PPR leagues. Just has to avoid the fumbling.

Arizona next week at home shouldn't be too tough. That said, hope they don't look past it with a huge game in Baltimore coming in 2 weeks, that will be the early test of how good this team really is.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Intrigued to see how the new cats on defense perform.

Jones and Hightower combining for a strip sack touchdown ... nice start, but, it was against a rookie QB. Holding Johnson to a career low 4 yards rushing has to mean something, though ... right?
    youngster wrote:
    Ridley looks real strong and I'm glad I started him in my fantasy league.

Little known fact, the Pats have been in the top 10 or so in rushing 4 of the past 5 years and the top 5 in rushing TDs all those years. No one would know because they split it up between 3 backs.

If Ridley is indeed the main guy, he could be a top 10 back easily. I was happy to see him catching passes and targeted a few other times as I got him late in 2 PPR leagues. Just has to avoid the fumbling.

Arizona next week at home shouldn't be too tough. That said, hope they don't look past it with a huge game in Baltimore coming in 2 weeks, that will be the early test of how good this team really is.

Hey I just noticed a signiture on your avatar of Jim Rice was that always there?

Yes that Bmore game will be tough...my second most liked team in the NFL.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Hey I just noticed a signiture on your avatar of Jim Rice was that always there?

The avatar has been there since day one my friend ... thus, my user name.

Edit - oh you mean that it's signed, yeah, that's been there.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

The avatar has been there since day one my friend ... thus, my user name.

Edit - oh you mean that it's signed, yeah, that's been there.

Yup that's what I meant I never noticed Jim's signiture before must be my new contacts. :D Jim and Mo Vaughn hit two of the MOST majestic homeruns I've ever seen in person...Jim's at Fenway and Mo's at Memorial Stadium in Bmore. oh that one was Mo's very first homerun he literally missed hitting out of the park by 5 rows.

Peace.

• Options
    Hilariously brutal ending. I'm still laughing.

Assume Stephen Gostkowki is on the shit list of a lot of death pool players.

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hilariously brutal ending. I'm still laughing.

Assume Stephen Gostkowki is on the shit list of a lot of death pool players.
    Wow. Just saw the highlights.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sorry...but as a Bills fan I just have to :lol::lol:
  • Options
    I said before the kick.."Watch, betcha he pulls a Cundiff."

:fp:

He kicks it through the uprights on a friggen kickoff but cant keep it straight for a 30 somethin yard kick.

• Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    youngster wrote:
    I said before the kick.."Watch, betcha he pulls a Cundiff."

:fp:

He kicks it through the uprights on a friggen kickoff but cant keep it straight for a 30 somethin yard kick.

I saw it coming too, that situation just BEGS for that kind of foul up :fp:
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,954
    How the hell did they lose? They were my pick for my suicide pool :fp:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    How the hell did they lose? They were my pick for my suicide pool :fp:

I don't know what happened because I picked them too in my Florida 640 radio sports year long picks. They don't seem to play well at home against a defense like the Cards.

Well unto the next one.

Peace

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    wow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    They knocked me out as well :evil:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Man if this team can continue to run the ball they can become something special.

Peace

• Options
    Welker is having a hell of a game so far.

• Options
    Nice play, needed to get that TD. The defense needs to step up hold them down.

Peace

• Options
    Well got back that needed touchdown on a very nice drive with about half of it in run plays.

Peace

• Options
    Nicely done both defense and offense.

Peace

• Options
    If the Patriots can continue this balanced offensive attack by running the football....they will become a tough team to beat.

mai5x890dxwev24s3zoiofv7s.gif

Peace

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    g under p wrote:
    If the Patriots can continue this balanced offensive attack by running the football....they will become a tough team to beat.

mai5x890dxwev24s3zoiofv7s.gif

Peace
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    WEIRD:
    Tom Brady has never played a game in Seattle in his 13-year NFL career. This week is the first time.
    How odd :?
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    WEIRD:
    Tom Brady has never played a game in Seattle in his 13-year NFL career. This week is the first time.

I thought so initially as well ... but if you think about it a touch it's not tough to believe.

They only play each of the NFC teams once every 4 years. So, the Pats have played the NFC West in 2012, 2008, 2004 ... and before that (2000), there was no Brady ... timing factor, he started in 2001.

That only leaves '04 and '08 as possibilities before this year ... and in '08, he missed the season, injury factor.

So, 2004 is the only season he has he played the NFC West. The 2 away games were St Louis and Arizona*.

Leaving Seattle and San Francisco as places he's never been ... Seattle will be this year, but they play San Fran at home again.

So ... if he decides to call it quits before 2016 ... he will have never played in San Francisco ... the place where he grew up and the team he pulled for as a kid. (granted, he's played in Oakland, which is here as well)

* I remember that Arizona game well as that was the first time after I moved to San Francisco the Pats were playing on a Sunday. Friends and I had tickets to see Morrissey in Golden Gate Park (so I was getting updates where ever I could on how the Pats were doing). Morrissey ended up cancelling (fucker). Walking to a bar after we decided to bail on the show, I got my first glimpse of my new home town .... a pack of 50 or so bike riders cruising through the park, completely naked, chanting "NO PANTS!!! NO PANTS!!!"

Yup ... I love you San Francisco!

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    WEIRD:

I thought so initially as well ... but if you think about it a touch it's not tough to believe.

They only play each of the NFC teams once every 4 years. So, the Pats have played the NFC West in 2012, 2008, 2004 ... and before that (2000), there was no Brady ... timing factor, he started in 2001.

That only leaves '04 and '08 as possibilities before this year ... and in '08, he missed the season, injury factor.

So, 2004 is the only season he has he played the NFC West. The 2 away games were St Louis and Arizona*.

Leaving Seattle and San Francisco as places he's never been ... Seattle will be this year, but they play San Fran at home again.

So ... if he decides to call it quits before 2016 ... he will have never played in San Francisco ... the place where he grew up and the team he pulled for as a kid. (granted, he's played in Oakland, which is here as well)

* I remember that Arizona game well as that was the first time after I moved to San Francisco the Pats were playing on a Sunday. Friends and I had tickets to see Morrissey in Golden Gate Park (so I was getting updates where ever I could on how the Pats were doing). Morrissey ended up cancelling (fucker). Walking to a bar after we decided to bail on the show, I got my first glimpse of my new home town .... a pack of 50 or so bike riders cruising through the park, completely naked, chanting "NO PANTS!!! NO PANTS!!!"

Yup ... I love you San Francisco!

:lol::D:lol:

Peace

• Options
    Well, disappointing doesn't even do it. How does Brady have not 1, but friggen 2 intentional grounding penalties in the same game? They beat themselves and they deserved to lose. The Pats underestimated the Seahawks offense and they paid the price. They better get their shit together for the Jets next week.

• Options
    No, The Hawk D killed them. Our 2 picks along with our rookie QB shut Boston up this week. 12th MAN BABY
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011