Options

The New England Patriots Thread

Comments

• Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    No, The Hawk D killed them. Our 2 picks along with our rookie QB shut Boston up this week. 12th MAN BABY

hey matty

the hawk d gave up 100 yds rushing and 400 yards passing

it was the pats d-backs that killed the pats

but seattle is fun to watch, hope carroll gets them deep in the playoffs
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    jimed14 wrote:
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    WEIRD:
    Tom Brady has never played a game in Seattle in his 13-year NFL career. This week is the first time.
    How odd :?

I thought so initially as well ... but if you think about it a touch it's not tough to believe.

They only play each of the NFC teams once every 4 years. So, the Pats have played the NFC West in 2012, 2008, 2004 ... and before that (2000), there was no Brady ... timing factor, he started in 2001.

That only leaves '04 and '08 as possibilities before this year ... and in '08, he missed the season, injury factor.

So, 2004 is the only season he has he played the NFC West. The 2 away games were St Louis and Arizona*.

!
    Actually the current schedule rotation and 8 division set up was implemented in 2002 when Houston became the 32nd team(prior there were only 6 divisions each with either 5 teams except the AFC central which had 6), so the Pats didn't play the NFC west in 2000, pre-Brady, they played 4 of the 5 teams from what was at the time the NFC Central. In 2001 they played the NFC West, which at the time didn't include Seattle (they were still in the AFC West until 2002), they played 4 of the 5 teams which included the Rams (if you recall the Super Bowl was a rematch of a Sunday night game against the Rams which was the last Pats loss of the season dropping them to 5-5), Saints, Panthers (Carolina is so out west) and Atlanta(also very western). They didn't play the 49ers. The realignment has made things significantly more geographically correct (though still a couple anomalies like Dallas being in the NFC east, but they weren't about to eliminate the Dallas rivalries with Was, NYG and Philly) and the schedule now makes much more sense.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    U Mad Bro?

:lol:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    RW81233 wrote:
    U Mad Bro?

:lol:

Nope it's just one game and on to the next one.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    That's what makes it so funny to me. This kid is so happy he chased down Brady post game got a pic with him in the background and then posts it to Twitter. I love the effort for a Week 6 game. Seriously though, if the Pats don't go far in the Playoffs with a Conference that can best be described as garbage wrapped in shit then they suck.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    That's what makes it so funny to me. This kid is so happy he chased down Brady post game got a pic with him in the background and then posts it to Twitter. I love the effort for a Week 6 game. Seriously though, if the Pats don't go far in the Playoffs with a Conference that can best be described as garbage wrapped in shit then they suck.

Thank you for that brilliant analysis...boy the Patriots sure like to make me sweat. I did love the throw back uniforms i had one of those jersey's that of Irving Fryer with Pee Wee on the back. For that dance he used to do way way back.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    g under p wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Thank you for that brilliant analysis...boy the Patriots sure like to make me sweat. I did love the throw back uniforms i had one of those jersey's that of Irving Fryer with Pee Wee on the back. For that dance he used to do way way back.

Peace

I have a pretty high opinion of this Pats team. Yeah we have some weaknesses, and some glaring holes, but I still feel we are a top team in this league.

As of yesterday Vegas agreed with that, by having us tied for 2nd on futures odds.

However I don't know if my heart can take this type of game EVERY fucking week. Jeesh.

Can I get a blow out?
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I don't like New England, but in the spirit of fantasy football, I hope they have a stellar defensive performance this week.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    The Patriots kicked some Jets (_o_) last night I fell asleep at the 28-0 mark.

Peace

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Both the Texans and Ravens winning games in overtime they were losing late in the 4th quarter. Fuuudge.

Kinda sucks for the Pats in the battle for the #2 seed.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    texans and niners back to back after next week.

that will be interesting...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    jimed14 wrote:
    Both the Texans and Ravens winning games in overtime they were losing late in the 4th quarter. Fuuudge.

It pains me to admit this as a Fins fan, however as a football fan this much is obvious: The NE Patriots are the best team in football, hands down. Whether its the 2 seed, 1 seed or a 5 seed , this team - by all rights - will be playing - at a minimum - for the AFC Championship. I'd be very surprised if they aren't the AFC representatives in the Super Bowl. Offensively they average 48 pts a game over the last month = ridiculous. Houston, Baltimore and Denver are all very good, but ain't beating that team home or away.

That being said, Miami will put as hurtin on this well rested team come Sunday :lol:
    BET THE FARM!!!
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

It pains me to admit this as a Fins fan, however as a football fan this much is obvious: The NE Patriots are the best team in football, hands down. Whether its the 2 seed, 1 seed or a 5 seed , this team - by all rights - will be playing - at a minimum - for the AFC Championship. I'd be very surprised if they aren't the AFC representatives in the Super Bowl. Offensively they average 48 pts a game over the last month = ridiculous. Houston, Baltimore and Denver are all very good, but ain't beating that team home or away.

That being said, Miami will put as hurtin on this well rested team come Sunday :lol:
    BET THE FARM!!!

I'm going to try no I will get a ticket for this game...many many Patriots fans down here. It's great fun at the dolphin stadium with at least a third of the fans are from opposing team.

Peace

• Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    BET THE FARM!!!

You were saying? :D

Wish I had your confidence on the Pats ... missing Gronk hurts, and it shows. Welker just doesn't seem as reliable as he once was, Hernandez is still rusty.

The defense is spotty, sometimes world beaters, some times ... ooof.

I mean shit, I think they are a very good team ... but, there truly is an "Any given Sunday" feel when I watch a game and they aren't playing a team in the AFC East.

HUGE test this Monday with the Texans!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Keep the balance of the running game and this team can go far. Better now than later Brady won't be playing forever.

Say who is that new guy in the secondary starts with a A or a Q? He's a force to be reckoned with.

Many more big games to go.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    Say who is that new guy in the secondary starts with a A or a Q? He's a force to be reckoned with.

I assume you mean Aqib Talib, Pats picked him up from Tampa ... he served a 4 game suspension and started playing a few weeks ago.

Was doing a really good job on Andre Johnson before he left with a hip injury, I was nervous when he left but then Alfonzo Dennard was making plays on Johnson ... odd night, thought the Texans would take FAR more advantage of the Pats secondary than they did.

Talib was on the sidelines late in the game, so, I guess he's ok ... they just didn't put him back in as the game was so out of hand.

Getting a lot of dirty stares out here in my Patriots hat this week, that's for sure. :D

• Options
    Well, pretty much guaranteed they be playing the first weekend of the playoffs and possibly travelling to Denver for week 2.

The only place in the AFC I fear the Pats going to ... Denver ... they never play well there.

No good ... not good at all.

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Well, pretty much guaranteed they be playing the first weekend of the playoffs and possibly travelling to Denver for week 2.

The only place in the AFC I fear the Pats going to ... Denver ... they never play well there.

you know who you don't want at all? The Cincinnati Bengals
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Is Brady playing today, or not?

Heard he didn't participate in practice.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

you know who you don't want at all? The Cincinnati Bengals

Nah I'd rather face them than the Ravens, they always get up for the Patriots always.

Peace

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Great day for Pats fans. never thought I'd be rooting so much for the Colts but they pulled through. Now all the Pats have to do is beat Miami.

The best part of the whole scenario, is the Giants will not be in the playoffs this year.. 8-)
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Congrats
    As a Fins fan I feared this
    Good luck in playoffs
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    The Patriots are in as the #2 seed just perfect, as the #1 seed seem to not fair well in winning the Super Bowl. Good luck to them as they should use the extra week to prepare and rest.

Peace

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    The Patriots are in as the #2 seed just perfect, as the #1 seed seem to not fair well in winning the Super Bowl. Good luck to them as they should use the extra week to prepare and rest.

Peace
    Brady Vs. Manning in the AFC Championship game.

BRING IT ON!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    g under p wrote:

Peace

BRING IT ON!!!!!

:corn:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    g under p wrote:

Peace

BRING IT ON!!!!!

how great would that be??
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under p wrote:

Peace

BRING IT ON!!!!!

I think that's whats going to be hyped in the coming weeks. That would be amazing for sure.

• Options
    AFC Championship......HERE WE COME!!!!

I apologize in advance to Ray Lewis. No more Super Bowls for you. Your last game will end in Foxboro.

• Options
    49ers/Patriots Superbowl, sounds good to me.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    49ers/Patriots Superbowl, sounds good to me.

I wouldn't count Atlanta out just yet. But I would enjoy a Niners/Pats Superbowl. If the Pats win next week, at least they won't have the Giants to worry about.