Options

THE AVENGERS 2012

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I enjoyed the Thor Iron man fight, but i would have liked to see Hulk and Thor go at it even more then they did i always thought that was an interesting match up
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    intodeep wrote:
    I enjoyed the Thor Iron man fight, but i would have liked to see Hulk and Thor go at it even more then they did i always thought that was an interesting match up

yeah, I think it would have been better if they weren't on the helicarrier because Thor had to focus on not trashing the place, he couldn't break out his full potential. As far as hand to hand fighting goes I think thor could beat any other avenger.
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    I just saw it this past Friday, thought it was a pretty great movie.
    Right before the movie I watched Capt. America and Thor. Which were both pretty entertaining.

I wish Hawkeye had a bigger part in the movie though...his character seemed like it was wasted!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    Right before the movie I watched Capt. America and Thor. Which were both pretty entertaining.

I wish Hawkeye had a bigger part in the movie though...his character seemed like it was wasted!

yeah I agree. maybe they have bigger future plans for him. But I also really wish they would have gave him the right costume

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... ,s:0,i:173
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    On Saturday my friend and I met up in Manchester CT to have lunch and then see The Avengers in 2D at 3:45. We got to the cinema almost an hour before that and the movie was already sold out! :shock:
    The next 2D screening wasn't until 7 so we saw a Real3D screening that started at 4:15. The cinema was pretty full but not sold out. Then I saw it in 2D on Sunday night in Bridgeport (last showing of the night) and there were lots of empty seats. I loved the movie both times and plan to see it again on the big screen. This is definitely among the best superhero movies of all time. I haven't seen them all but have seen the ones that are considered really good (first 2 Superman movies, Nolan's first 2 Batman movies, first 2 Spider-Man movies, first 2 X-Men movies, first Iron Man movie). I saw the Ang Lee Hulk movie and the one with Edward Norton. I thought Hulk was better in The Avengers than in either of those and if there's another Hulk movie I hope Mark Ruffalo will play him. Scarlett Johansson was great eye candy but she also gave a good performance. I need to see Captain America and Iron Man 2 for more backstory but I didn't have any trouble understanding what was going on. This isn't David Lynch or Michelangelo Antonioni, folks...it's not that difficult. :lol:
    I'm a longtime Joss Whedon fan so was predisposed to like this film. That said, kudos to Joss and everyone else involved with The Avengers. I think they knocked it out of the park.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

yeah I agree. maybe they have bigger future plans for him. But I also really wish they would have gave him the right costume

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en ... ,s:0,i:173

That would have been A LOT better. His outfit seemed too normal/plain. When he WAS fighting, I was hoping he would do more then just stand on a building and shooting. But that's okay! Still a great movie. :)
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
  • Options
    He is an agent for sheild hence teh black suit i think.

Seemed like all the Sheild folks wore the black suite. Maybe in the next one he can bust out his Hawkeye outfit
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Maybe Hawkeye, the movie?

What is it with Jeremy Renner... his character in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was kinda wasted too.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

What is it with Jeremy Renner... his character in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was kinda wasted too.

I heard he was cast in those movies in case tom cruise ever quit wanting to make them, Renner would be the main character.

But I've heard some speculation that marvels open 2014 date may be a shield movie which I'm sure would feature him a lot. It would also be an awesome opportunity to introduce new characters for the next avengers movie.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    RiotZact wrote:

I heard he was cast in those movies in case tom cruise ever quit wanting to make them, Renner would be the main character.

But I've heard some speculation that marvels open 2014 date may be a shield movie which I'm sure would feature him a lot. It would also be an awesome opportunity to introduce new characters for the next avengers movie.
    Haha, I thought they casted him to add star power so people would consider watching it. I can't stand Tom Cruise, but sucked it up and watched the movie anyway because I heard it was good, and I'm a sucker for action movies :)

Ooh, SHIELD movie? I could live with that! I have to say, Nick Fury didn't turn out to be as cool as I thought he would be.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Haha, I thought they casted him to add star power so people would consider watching it. I can't stand Tom Cruise, but sucked it up and watched the movie anyway because I heard it was good, and I'm a sucker for action movies :)

Ooh, SHIELD movie? I could live with that! I have to say, Nick Fury didn't turn out to be as cool as I thought he would be.
    When i heard Stan Lee Talk a couple years ago he said the next movie they were planning for the future was Dr. Strange

not sure if that has been shelved or if that woudl be the 2014 movie
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Sooooooooooooo dissapointed. :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

He'll have a starring role soon with the new Bourne Series!
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

When i heard Stan Lee Talk a couple years ago he said the next movie they were planning for the future was Dr. Strange

not sure if that has been shelved or if that woudl be the 2014 movie

Yeah Dr. Strange and Henry Pym are the most likely based on what people are saying. And there's always the chance for a Mark Ruffalo Hulk movie but I doubt that.

And I also agree that I was expecting a little more out of Fury
  • Options

why???
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

why???
    Repetitive... Too much camera movement... reminded me of transformers on that front... too long... Felt like Thor part ii... and not well done at that.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:

why???
    Repetitive... Too much camera movement... reminded me of transformers on that front... too long... Felt like Thor part ii... and not well done at that.

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    edited May 2012
    RiotZact wrote:

why???

don't tell me they used the shaky-cam!?! I almost threw up trying to watch one of the Bourne movies that was doen that way.
  • Options
    I loved when Ironman said to Hawkeye

Better Clench up Leogolas :lol::lol:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :corn:
    But my kids loved it :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

why???

Strange that you would say that about thor cus on another fanboy forum I go on some people said they wished to see a little more thor, as if he was slighted a bit. Maybe that's just cus thor has a hardcore fan base though, or because he didn't make an appearance until like 45 minutes into the movie.
  • Options
    Check out the Film Crit Hulk's article below on the way Banner/Hulk was done in The Avengers. I think it makes some good points.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... -hulk.html
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    In case you're wondering how much screen time each of the Avengers got, check out the link below for that info. Hawkeye got the least while Captain America got the most time.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/how-much ... r-get.html
    - Al Swearengen

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Yefa wrote:
    Check out the Film Crit Hulk's article below on the way Banner/Hulk was done in The Avengers. I think it makes some good points.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/c ... -hulk.html

caps lock is not his friend. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I loved when Ironman said to Hawkeye

Better Clench up Leogolas :lol::lol:

:lol: Totally loved that part too! They had some awesome one liners.

"Puny God.."
  • Options
    "It's a vintage set." :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    RiotZact wrote:

why???
    Curious as to our age differences...... How old are you riotzack?
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

why???
    Curious as to our age differences...... How old are you riotzack?

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    [

19[/quote]

That explains a ton. I was just as excited for summer blockbusters at that age..... Enjoy your youth!
  • Options
    How bold would it be to throw this guy his own movie and then put him the in avengers movies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Gun_Kid#Other_versions

Although it might be frowned upon at first by fans who want to see better known hero's I think it would be pretty smart from a movie making standpoint, tons of people are into wild west stuff and it can bring a whole new dimension to the movies. As long as Henry Pym gets in as well I would vote for this.