Options

THE AVENGERS 2012

Comments

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I haven't seen any of the earlier movies either, except for Iron Man 1. Is it necesarry before seeing Avengers?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    That would be a huge help to watch the other movies. No origin stories are told at all in the Avengers so you may be confused. But even if you don't see the others you will still laugh and appreciate the special effects. You just may be a bit confused/bored with some of the dialogue.

And Su May what marvel movies did you like more than this? I don't think Marvel has ever once got a movie right outside of the avengers franchise.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Of all the movies, I think the most helpful to watch would be Thor. Or at least understand Thor and Loki and how they relate to each other.

RiotZact, Iron Man is one of my favourite movies of all time, so very little can compare to it :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Punisher was the best marvel movie

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/cha ... comics.htm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Suziemay wrote:
    Of all the movies, I think the most helpful to watch would be Thor. Or at least understand Thor and Loki and how they relate to each other.

RiotZact, Iron Man is one of my favourite movies of all time, so very little can compare to it :D
    This is all confusing. I'll just wait for "The Dark Knight Rises" in July.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I'm pretty sure god designed me and you to be the most opposite people on earth. But right before he finished making us he thought it would be to obvious so he said "Well I'll at least make them both like Dirty Frank."
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Good move Chris... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

At least start watching the other movies when you can then watch the avengers when it comes out on DVD.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Oh I see, I figured you meant out of the Avengers series as a whole.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm pretty sure god designed me and you to be the most opposite people on earth. But right before he finished making us he thought it would be to obvious so he said "Well I'll at least make them both like Dirty Frank."
    :lol:

Well done
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

:lol:

Well done

:lol::lol::lol: but all of that considered I would say that we get along remarkably well.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Wow. I cannot believe that spiderman 2 and 3 made it that high on the list. The first one was almost perfect and showed much potential but then things went way to far off track. But considering that did that ridiculously well with the movies you would think that they would have tried a little harder to keep that franchise going instead of rebooting.

Topher Grace as venom and the fact that venom was only featured in the last quarter of the movie were the deal breakers for me. Venom 2nd to the sandman? Blasphemy
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

No no no, you have to watch this on the big screen! Ok, how bout just ignore us and don't come back here till you've seen it? :P It's not going to ruin your experience if you don't understand a reference here and there.
  • Options
    just for the record, the woman and i discussed the movie and she came to generally the same assesment as i did, however, she enjoyed it more and wouldn't mind seeing it again in the theater. :corn:

maybe we'll double dip it with Prometheus :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    she enjoyed it more and wouldn't mind seeing it again in the theater
    That's cuz she got more eye candy than you did :P

Although if I were a dude, I'd still be crushing on Thor. Just sayin'
  • Options
    official numbers are out

$207,438,708

:shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

they showed some chicks butt and i poked here and gave her the grab butt signal. she said pig. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

they showed some chicks butt and i poked here and gave her the grab butt signal. she said pig. :lol:

:lol: my girlfriend gave me the stink eye at that part :lol::lol::lol: You are talking about when Black widow is talking to loki right?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    official numbers are out

$207,438,708

:shock:

that's not including the 400 and some million it has already done internationally
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

No no no, you have to watch this on the big screen! Ok, how bout just ignore us and don't come back here till you've seen it? :P It's not going to ruin your experience if you don't understand a reference here and there.

Here is all you need to know man

Iron man is a really smart/rich guy that developed a suit that can do all sorts of things including fly. He also has a huge ego that comes into play. He is very arrogant and selfish.

Thor is a god from Asgard and has a hammer called Mjolnir that allows him to fly and has great strength. Loki is the villain in the Avengers and is Thor's brother. He finds out that he was actually adopted from a race known as the "frost giants" and he feels extremely betrayed and feels that he is in Thors shadow. He longs for power because he feels he is born to rule.

Hulk is pretty self explanatory, gets mad, turns into the hulk, smashes stuff

Captain America pretty much just has enhanced strength and agility but is know for making great plans and is very wise. Also in the captain america movie the villain had a cube known as the teseract which he used to make weapons, all we know is that it is extremely powerful and Loki wants it.

If you know all that you should be able to understand the movie.
  • Options
    i think we can all agree.....everyone should see this in a regal threater. :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i think we can all agree.....everyone should see this in a regal threater. :corn:

And we can all agree that 81 finds as many reasons as possible to post the popcorn smiley :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    RiotZact wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Here is all you need to know man

Iron man is a really smart/rich guy that developed a suit that can do all sorts of things including fly. He also has a huge ego that comes into play. He is very arrogant and selfish.

Thor is a god from Asgard and has a hammer called Mjolnir that allows him to fly and has great strength. Loki is the villain in the Avengers and is Thor's brother. He finds out that he was actually adopted from a race known as the "frost giants" and he feels extremely betrayed and feels that he is in Thors shadow. He longs for power because he feels he is born to rule.

Hulk is pretty self explanatory, gets mad, turns into the hulk, smashes stuff

Captain America pretty much just has enhanced strength and agility but is know for making great plans and is very wise. Also in the captain america movie the villain had a cube known as the teseract which he used to make weapons, all we know is that it is extremely powerful and Loki wants it.

If you know all that you should be able to understand the movie.
    I will write this down and bring it with me to the movies when I see the movie.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Why is it called the teseract and not the cosmic cube?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Captain Planet > Captain America. Should have used him
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Why is it called the teseract and not the cosmic cube?

I wondered that too.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

And we can all agree that 81 finds as many reasons as possible to post the popcorn smiley :lol:

and make sure you get some :corn: to munch on during the show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

and make sure you get some :corn: to munch on during the show.

I prefer candy
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    I prefer candy

that's cool too. :lol:

and a big soda :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    I prefer candy

that's cool too. :lol:

and a big soda :lol:

True, actually I usually ONLY get a huge ass soda, at my theater they are something crazy like 42 ounces or something. Cherry Coke is the way to go.