rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    yeah well, I have been informed that we will be going to see this movie
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    yeah well, I have been informed that we will be going to see this movie

Don't sound so thrilled :lol::lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Marvel Studios unveils its costliest special-effects demo to date; somewhere beneath the nonstop digital explosions lies a story about superheroes fighting an evil demigod from space. Every now and then, director Joss Whedon (Serenity) executes a quirky camera set-up to assert that the film was created by him and not a team of marketing executives. Of the star-studded cast, only Mark Ruffalo (playing Bruce Banner) and Robert Downey Jr. (as Iron Man) bring any personality to the place-holder dialogue. Overlong, monotonous, violent, and simple-minded, this is like one of those “World’s Biggest Gang Bang” videos, except that no one onscreen appears to be enjoying himself. With Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, and Jeremy Renner.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Screw the avengers.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    Dude you can say that you don't like the movie, that is 100% fine but I don't understand how you could ever deny the fact that there is a ridiculous amount of story going on, to say this was a movie that wad just a bunch of explosions and special effects is insane and just plain wrong. Anyone that thinks that was either not paying attention to the movie or had such low expections for the movie that they were already convinced they didn't like it before they even saw it, which I would bet was the case for you 81.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    Dude you can say that you don't like the movie, that is 100% fine but I don't understand how you could ever deny the fact that there is a ridiculous amount of story going on, to say this was a movie that wad just a bunch of explosions and special effects is insane and just plain wrong. Anyone that thinks that was either not paying attention to the movie or had such low expections for the movie that they were already convinced they didn't like it before they even saw it, which I would bet was the case for you 81.

i had no expectations going in. didn't watch the trailers....or read reviews. my mind was a clean slate

but it was like eating whip cream...tasty, but nothing there. empty calories.

it didn't seem very deep at all. compare it to the last batman. lot more depth there

you are obviously on the opposite end of the like spectrum....but if it makes you feel better, it was the best movie we saw sat.

i'd go
    avengers
    the raven
    cabin in the woods.

we get out money's worth
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

i had no expectations going in. didn't watch the trailers....or read reviews. my mind was a clean slate

but it was like eating whip cream...tasty, but nothing there. empty calories.

it didn't seem very deep at all. compare it to the last batman. lot more depth there

you are obviously on the opposite end of the like spectrum....but if it makes you feel better, it was the best movie we saw sat.

i'd go
    avengers
    the raven
    cabin in the woods.

we get out money's worth

haha nice! To each their own, and yeah I agree I am on the opposite end of the spectrum but I mean there was just so much conflict with the members trying to get along and the you know what incident that brings them all together and makes them realize that the whole scenario is bigger than them and that their egos need to be set aside so the issue can be resolved. And the mystery of trying to figure out what Loki's plan is which you don't find out until the final stage of the movie. I mean all of that is STORY I just don't understand how you can say that it is not, you can say it's not a good story but not that it isn't there. To use an example of food like you did, I understand that you may not like the taste of a certain food but I don't understand how you could say that it doesn't have a taste at all, just because you don't like the taste doesn't mean that it's not there.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I like the Avengers. I thought it was a fun film. I was not expecting much from it. Compring it to Batman is unfair the last two are on a whole new level i agree to that, but i think as far as comic book movies go this was a fun summer movie to go to.

Its a popcore movie :corn: :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I cant even imagine sitting through a superhero movie.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    haha nice! To each their own, and yeah I agree I am on the opposite end of the spectrum but I mean there was just so much conflict with the members trying to get along and the you know what incident that brings them all together and makes them realize that the whole scenario is bigger than them and that their egos need to be set aside so the issue can be resolved. And the mystery of trying to figure out what Loki's plan is which you don't find out until the final stage of the movie. I mean all of that is STORY I just don't understand how you can say that it is not, you can say it's not a good story but not that it isn't there. To use an example of food like you did, I understand that you may not like the taste of a certain food but I don't understand how you could say that it doesn't have a taste at all, just because you don't like the taste doesn't mean that it's not there.

it was food and had taste, sweet taste even, but at the end of the day, it was empty calories.

i just prefer a little more meat on the story/character bone and it wasn't there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Its a popcore movie :corn: :D

exactly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Screw the avengers.

Happily. Especially Thor... or Captain America. Actually, any of them really, except for Hulk. And maybe the Black Widow but I could probably be talked into screwing her too :P

1336341309_the-avengers-box-office_1.jpg
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Screw the avengers.

Happily. Especially Thor... or Captain America. Actually, any of them really, except for Hulk. And maybe the Black Widow but I could probably be talked into screwing her too :P

:fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    81 wrote:

it was food and had taste, sweet taste even, but at the end of the day, it was empty calories.

i just prefer a little more meat on the story/character bone and it wasn't there.

Alright fine, but I strongly disagree. The whole first hour and a half except for 15-20 minutes of action was pure storyline. I thought that was plenty and made it an in depth intimate movie that all came together in the end with an unprecedented action sequence.
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Screw the avengers.

Um if i may offer my assistance i'd be happy to step in when your turn with the black widow came up.

I'm a team player. Just let me know when and where you need me and i can make it happen.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    :nono:

did you see over the next couple of years, there are like 4 more movies comign out

in 2013
    iron man 3
    thor 2

in 2014
    captain america 2
    marvel untitled

they are really working this set

lot of other comic book movies in the works as well
    Man of steel in 2013
    The Wolverine in 2013
    Amazing Spiderman 2 in 2014

and the best of the bunch
    Sin City 2 w/ a TBD date
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    the next one should be Iron Man, Aqua Man, Wayne Gretzky, Superman, Batman, Frankenstein, Spiderman (maguire) Al Roker vs. Spiderman (the new kid), Mothra, Green Lantern, Hornet, Captain Planet, "Venom", and the Harlem Globetrotters.

Or maybe take 64 of them and pit them in an NCAA style tournament. That would provide for like 60 more movies... of course I guess that would slow production a bit, but they could pick it up again after the tournament.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

did you see over the next couple of years, there are like 4 more movies comign out

in 2013
    iron man 3
    thor 2

in 2014
    captain america 2
    marvel untitled

Man of steel in 2013
    The Wolverine in 2013

Sin City 2 w/ a TBD date

Music to my ears. Although I could care less about man of steel and wolverine (unless they plan on making him an avenger which I would highly doubt). I hope that the unannounced one is Giant man, in which the Wasp could also be introduced and the The Avengers 2 could be even more awesome than it will already be. I also hope that they introduce some new characters in Iron man 3, thor 2 and cap 2 like maybe the black panther. I guess that unannounced date could always be the avengers 2 huh? never even really though of that. That would be awesome only a 2 year wait, but if so I really think they need to introduce Pym (ant man/giant man) in one of the other movies.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

in 2013
    iron man 3
    thor 2

in 2014
    captain america 2
    marvel untitled

Man of steel in 2013
    The Wolverine in 2013

Sin City 2 w/ a TBD date

Music to my ears. Although I could care less about man of steel and wolverine (unless they plan on making him an avenger which I would highly doubt). I hope that the unannounced one is Giant man, in which the Wasp could also be introduced and the The Avengers 2 could be even more awesome than it will already be. I also hope that they introduce some new characters in Iron man 3, thor 2 and cap 2 like maybe the black panther. I guess that unannounced date could always be the avengers 2 huh? never even really though of that. That would be awesome only a 2 year wait, but if so I really think they need to introduce Pym (ant man/giant man) in one of the other movies.

no love for sin city? :lol: now that was a good movie.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Screw the avengers.

Um if i may offer my assistance i'd be happy to step in when your turn with the black widow came up.

I'm a team player. Just let me know when and where you need me and i can make it happen.
    :lol::lol: She's all yours.

I'm not a huge Scarlet Johansson fan anyway, but I think she was pretty good as the Black Widow.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Sin City 2 w/ a TBD date
    Cool! Sin City was nicely done, can't wait to see what they do with Sin City 2.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I will have to watch it sometime
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

:fp:

it needs to go right to the top of your must see list.

http://freecelebritygraphics.com/images/celebs/Jessica%20Alba/Jessica%20Alba%20Sin%20City%20Wallpaper%202(1).jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

:fp:

it needs to go right to the top of your must see list.

http://freecelebritygraphics.com/images/celebs/Jessica%20Alba/Jessica%20Alba%20Sin%20City%20Wallpaper%202(1).jpg

Ok. I think I saw part of it when someone in my family rented it but I didn't see the whole thing
  • Options
    Damn I have been reading reviews all day, people really like this movie.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:

Americans are easily amused :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

81 did you see the 5 movies that led up to the avengers?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

81 did you see the 5 movies that led up to the avengers?

yes

i'm not saying avengers was a bad moive or that i didn't like it. it just lacks the depth to be considered great. the last batman movie blows this one out of the water. i'd even say Thor was a better movie. the hulk movies were all rather bland. captain america was kind of cheesy. i wanted more from that movie as well. iron man was a solid movie. staying in the comic book genre, i'd also rate Punisher well above this one.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FUCK. I just realized that I didn't stay until the very end of the credits. Like the very very end. Ughhhh.