Options

THE AVENGERS 2012

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    ok, just wondering, a lot of people are saying you have to in order to understand the avengers, I took my friend (who is NOT easily amused ;) ) and he loved it even though he hadn't seen any of the other movies, he said he had seen the beginning of iron man but didn't like it so stopped watching it like half way through.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    FUCK. I just realized that I didn't stay until the very end of the credits. Like the very very end. Ughhhh.

lol you HAVE to go again and watch it. it is not to be missed.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    RiotZact wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    FUCK. I just realized that I didn't stay until the very end of the credits. Like the very very end. Ughhhh.

I think maybe that was why I left, so that I HAD to go back again :lol::lol: Gonna try 3D IMAX, I think. Why not!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

best scene in the entire movie.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

:x :x
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    don't feel bad. i'd guess 5% or less of the people in our viewing stayed for it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

:lol: I don't see how you would say that is the best scene but it is worth sticking around for
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    :lol: I don't see how you would say that is the best scene but it is worth sticking around for

cracked me up. :lol:

anyways, for those that missed it.....you can see it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8T1xUSxGP0
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

cracked me up. :lol:

anyways, for those that missed it.....you can see it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8T1xUSxGP0

haha yeah no doubt it was funny but funnier than all the other stuff in the movie? "doth mother know you wearith her drapes" :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    Thought it was OK. The Iron Man movies were much more entertaining IMO. Also, If I hadn't seen Thor last year I would have been like "who the fuck is Loki, and how did he get this army from space" Give me 15 more minutes of Stark's humor and it could have been called Iron Man 3.

I give it a C+.......
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    haha yeah no doubt it was funny but funnier than all the other stuff in the movie? "doth mother know you wearith her drapes" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or, "Clench up, Legolas" :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Thought it was OK. The Iron Man movies were much more entertaining IMO. Also, If I hadn't seen Thor last year I would have been like "who the fuck is Loki, and how did he get this army from space" Give me 15 more minutes of Stark's humor and it could have been called Iron Man 3.

I give it a C+.......

uh oh...

RiotZact will be along shortly to set you straight. :corn: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I give it a C+.......

uh oh...

RiotZact will be along shortly to set you straight. :corn: :lol:

lol hey don't be a dick, his thoughts were a lot better explained that yours were
  • Options
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :lol: yeah I just wish you would explain a little bit like ofthegirl did, don't just call it whipped cream then roll out :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    it was shallow...it was predictable...the big fight scene lacked suspense. you knew who was going to win, the bad guys never got the upper hand. perhaps it would had better if the invasion would have come along earlier with them winning, the good guys retreating and then coming back to win. there was no depth to the characters.

so like an empty calorie food/beverage, it was ok, but left me wanting more.

just seems like it could have been better.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    it was shallow...it was predictable...the big fight scene lacked suspense. you knew who was going to win, the bad guys never got the upper hand. perhaps it would had better if the invasion would have come along earlier with them winning, the good guys retreating and then coming back to win. there was no depth to the characters.

so like an empty calorie food/beverage, it was ok, but left me wanting more.

just seems like it could have been better.

That's better, I always understood the empty calorie thing I just wanted to know what could have gave it calories. I really love Tom Hiddleston's loki so I saw him as winning most of the time until the second half of the last sequence. Like him purposely getting captured, I love that shit. I would say he was defiantly winning at that point. I guess if you are looking at the aliens as the bad guy though they weren't ever really winning but I was seeing Loki himself as the villain.

I also loved the plot twist that I won't say for spoilers sake. I thought that was the perfect way to get them all to get together and get shit done.

And sorry this is the fanboy in me ranting not countering your comments 81 :lol: I just love talking about this movie.
  • Options
    RiotZact wrote:
    I just love talking about this movie.

I would never have guessed :lol::lol:

I think it's awesome that you are so excited! I love when people get excited about things. Who gives a shit what 81 thinks?

:P
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    I just love talking about this movie.

I would never have guessed :lol::lol:

I think it's awesome that you are so excited! I love when people get excited about things. Who gives a shit what 81 thinks?

:P

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    The girl from

How I banged your mother, or say hello to your mutha for me or whatever

Very nice :thumbup:

Her n Scarjo needed more scenes together to make this movie into a masterpiece ;)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    So, how was it? I've heard a lot of people say really good things about it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

I saw it 3 times in 2 days, I very much so recommend it. I don't think I've heard anyone say it wasn't worth seeing, a few people here said gave meh type opinions but no one said it sucked.

I saw it with 11 people total, some who had seen all the previous movies and some that haven't seen any, they all loved it as well.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:

Coming from me (And not fanboy Zack over there :lol: ) It was a good movie. Best of all time? Not close. But really good, action, comedy, Scarlett Johansson. Need I say more? Although it had a plot, it was really in depth and there were no real challenge to predict the next scenes. That said, that action was great, the actor did a fantastic job and it was funny throughout the whole movie. I give it a solid B. Go see it in theaters when the lines die down .
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Coming from me (And not fanboy Zack over there :lol: ) It was a good movie. Best of all time? Not close. But really good, action, comedy, Scarlett Johansson. Need I say more? Although it had a plot, it was really in depth and there were no real challenge to predict the next scenes. That said, that action was great, the actor did a fantastic job and it was funny throughout the whole movie. I give it a solid B. Go see it in theaters when the lines die down .

Haha who is this fan boy you speak of?? :lol:
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    RiotZact wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Haha who is this fan boy you speak of?? :lol:

81..... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I'll be an old person and go during the week day. High school kids are still in school. It looks good. Plus, Robert Downey, Jr is awesome.

A lot of my friends are ranking it up there with the best super hero movies.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: clearly
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

I'll be an old person and go during the week day. High school kids are still in school. It looks good. Plus, Robert Downey, Jr is awesome.

Have you seen any of the earlier movies (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor, Captain America..?). I'm probably more of a fan than thefixer9, less of a fan than RiotZact and I thought it was awesome! Not the best of the Marvel movies I've, but definitely worthy of the other movies that preceded it. I've watched all but The Hulk, I loved them all and I was very pleased! Now I need to watch The Hulk :)
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Have you seen any of the earlier movies (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Thor, Captain America..?). I'm probably more of a fan than thefixer9, less of a fan than RiotZact and I thought it was awesome! Not the best of the Marvel movies I've, but definitely worthy of the other movies that preceded it. I've watched all but The Hulk, I loved them all and I was very pleased! Now I need to watch The Hulk :)
    No I haven't.