• Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009

yeah i tried posting the "full" version but it was too big

That's how I knew what it was because I saw the original too. :lol:

(here is the original mashup)

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 8713_n.jpg
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm going for a second viewing tonight. Screw the 3d though, I'm going for plain 2d this time around.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    This is going to be around for at least a few more weeks, right? I wanted to see it again this weekend but work got in the way. Blegh. I think I might miss the 3D IMAX, though, but whatever.

A fried saw this in 4D. Have you guys heard of this? Apparently your seats shake and stuff. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Suziemay wrote:
    This is going to be around for at least a few more weeks, right? I wanted to see it again this weekend but work got in the way. Blegh. I think I might miss the 3D IMAX, though, but whatever.

A fried saw this in 4D. Have you guys heard of this? Apparently your seats shake and stuff. :lol::lol:
    The 4d was talked about someplace recently.

I expect the movie to be in theaters for anouther six weeks
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    81 wrote:
    I expect the movie to be in theaters for anouther six weeks
    Kewl :mrgreen:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    81 wrote:
    official numbers are out

$207,438,708

:shock:

$103,163,000 this weekend
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    official numbers are out

$207,438,708

that's about what i expected. most movies drop roughly 50% from week 1 to 2
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    up to #11 all time on the world box office list.

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    official numbers are out

$207,438,708

that's about what i expected. most movies drop roughly 50% from week 1 to 2

i was a little surprised. I knew it would drop off, but still $103 million is pretty impressive. That's still better than what most movies do in their first weekend.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    saw this movie and as a disclaimer have seen all the movies leading up to this ...

i thought this movie was really good - i'm not sure what people want? ... it's a superhero movie - already, as a filmmaker you are at a major disadvantage cuz quite frankly - who the cuss can relate to a superhero? ... this is pure fantasy and escapism ... integrating multiple characters into one story is pretty much impossible and has never been done before ... this movie excels in that it was simply able to pull it off ...

this is solid hollywood fare ... those wanting the next citizen kane should look for it elsewhere ...
  • Options
    http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=i ... gers11.htm

interesting what some of the international numbers look like

south korea has done just under $31M
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    i was a little surprised. I knew it would drop off, but still $103 million is pretty impressive. That's still better than what most movies do in their first weekend.

the $103 million also surpassed Avatar's second week of $78 million
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    polaris_x wrote:
    saw this movie and as a disclaimer have seen all the movies leading up to this ...

i thought this movie was really good - i'm not sure what people want? ... it's a superhero movie - already, as a filmmaker you are at a major disadvantage cuz quite frankly - who the cuss can relate to a superhero? ... this is pure fantasy and escapism ... integrating multiple characters into one story is pretty much impossible and has never been done before ... this movie excels in that it was simply able to pull it off ...

this is solid hollywood fare ... those wanting the next citizen kane should look for it elsewhere ...

I've not been able to see it yet...But How was it compared to the last Batman Movie? Which is probably the marker for superhero films.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I've not been able to see it yet...But How was it compared to the last Batman Movie? Which is probably the marker for superhero films.

Batman kicks the shit out of the avengers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Idris wrote:

i think they are different genres to be quite honest ... the dark knight is a film that requires a great story and superb performances ... really, the majesty of heath ledger's jokers performance made that film imo ... the avengers is pure hollywood fluff where story is secondary ... it's the effects and writing that make this movie ...

it's really about building up action sequences that make its mark and this film does it really well ...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    Idris wrote:

i think they are different genres to be quite honest ... the dark knight is a film that requires a great story and superb performances ... really, the majesty of heath ledger's jokers performance made that film imo ... the avengers is pure hollywood fluff where story is secondary ... it's the effects and writing that make this movie ...

it's really about building up action sequences that make its mark and this film does it really well ...

Maybe the same genre just that the Batman movies raised the level of the genre? and perhaps that in turn did change the genre, so any superhero movie that does not match it for quality acting, story etc ends up being just Hollywood fluff.

I am looking forward to the New Superman Movie, I hope it's not just Hollywood fluff!
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    81 wrote:

Batman kicks the shit out of the avengers.

Yea I'll probably catch it on Blu Ray,
    Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    really, the majesty of heath ledger's jokers performance made that film imo ... the avengers is pure hollywood fluff where story is secondary ... it's the effects and writing that make this movie ...

yea you know what my problem is? I expect all superhero movies to be as good as the comic books are. Like the X-Men movies get a major thumbs down, (with the exception X-Men 'First Class' which I thought was good),

Have you seen 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'? I guess that is a superhero movie too (In a way) or at least in the same group as what the Batman movies have become.
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    yea you know what my problem is? I expect all superhero movies to be as good as the comic books are. Like the X-Men movies get a major thumbs down, (with the exception X-Men 'First Class' which I thought was good),

Have you seen 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes'? I guess that is a superhero movie too (In a way) or at least in the same group as what the Batman movies have become.

that's one of the older ones? ... can't recall ...
  • Options
    i wouldn't call Rise of the Planet of the apes a superhero movie....more like science fiction. it wasn't even good.

i thought the orginal x men was solid. stopped watching them after like the 3rd movie in the chain.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i wouldn't call Rise of the Planet of the apes a superhero movie....more like science fiction. it wasn't even good.

i thought the orginal x men was solid. stopped watching them after like the 3rd movie in the chain.

It's interesting cause I think most movies are crossing genres these day's. IMDB classes The Avengers as SciFi/Adventure/Action. Apes is SciFi/Drama. Personally I loved 'Rise of the Apes' (It's the Latest one Polaris).

For me the first X men was good for about the first 30 minutes. Of course movies can be subjective. I do tend to base things off of how do they compare to the 'source material', the X-men movies were far away from the comics. When you make Wolverine 6'0, you almost ruin his entire character. He's like 5'3"-5'5" in the comics. I'm sure people will disagree with me on that making a difference at all. But it's the little things that tend to add up. (I always thought Eddie Vedder would make a cool Wolvie :D
  • Options
    i don't read comics so not of that is a worry to me....i get that it is to some.

but no way are the apes a superhero....scifi for sure, and yeah, i can get the drama. smidge of action. i assume they are setting up for a second ape movie where we get a human ape war.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i don't read comics so not of that is a worry to me....i get that it is to some.

but no way are the apes a superhero....scifi for sure, and yeah, i can get the drama. smidge of action. i assume they are setting up for a second ape movie where we get a human ape war.

Yea probably not 'superhero' in the classical sense. But they were super and very heroic.

I think they may do another apes film, Human/Ape war or maybe a disease kills off most of the human race, Remember by the end of the movie humans were dying from a virus that they engineered themselves.

The second movie may be the apes building a society. I dunno, anyway :D
    -

Hulk Vs Superman

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbizTBYs-rQ

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=BbizTBYs-rQ&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_873098&v=CDBNB2hk5t0

Pretty Cool, just passing it along for fans of animation,
  • Options
    Idris wrote:
    It's interesting cause I think most movies are crossing genres these day's. IMDB classes The Avengers as SciFi/Adventure/Action. Apes is SciFi/Drama. Personally I loved 'Rise of the Apes' (It's the Latest one Polaris).

For me the first X men was good for about the first 30 minutes. Of course movies can be subjective. I do tend to base things off of how do they compare to the 'source material', the X-men movies were far away from the comics. When you make Wolverine 6'0, you almost ruin his entire character. He's like 5'3"-5'5" in the comics. I'm sure people will disagree with me on that making a difference at all. But it's the little things that tend to add up. (I always thought Eddie Vedder would make a cool Wolvie :D

the latest one with james franco? ... it was ok - didn't really think too much of it to be quite honest and i would say it's a different kind of film ... i get your point about genres crossing lines ...

the avengers to me is a comic-book movie whereas dark knight was a graphic novel movie ... different vibes altogether ...
  • Options
    Especially given what a disastrous idea it seemed at first, not to mention the horrendously clunky title, Rise of the Planet of the Apes has a surprising staying power-- images like the unseen apes rustling in the trees, or the showdown on the fogbound Golden Gate Bridge, have stuck with me long after entire plots of other summer movies have escaped me entirely. Nearly a year later, the movie that looked like a surefire summer flop now has me anxiously awaiting a sequel, and though there's been little word of progress on it so far, we've got some good news to share today.

According to THR, screenwriter Scott Z. Burns has been given the job of writing the film's sequel, which will deal both with the titular rise of the apes and the virus that's destroying human society at the same time. All THR will confirm is that the apes are "on the path to emerge as society's new rulers," which if you've seen the original Charlton Heston movies, well, no duh. The genius in choosing Burns as a writer is that he's worked with Steven Soderbergh several times, including on last year's outbreak-centric Contagion. Plenty of us joked that the end credits to Rise of the Apes were a spoiler for the chillingly realistic Contagion, but now that Burns can use all that pandemic knowledge to beef up the Apes sequel, it seems like a perfect fit.

Writers of the original script Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa also did a draft of the script, so it's unclear how much Burns will be changing. But with both Andy Serkis returning to play Caesar and director Rupert Wyatt back on board as well, the new Apes film seems to have all the potential of the first, and without the draggy presence of James Franco and Freida Pinto to weigh it down. Here's hoping Burns jumping on board means they're moving quickly toward a start date, and that some summer in the near future can entertain us by making us watch the human race die off-- fun!
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

the avengers to me is a comic-book movie whereas dark knight was a graphic novel movie ... different vibes altogether ...

I hear yeah,
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    the new Apes film seems to have all the potential of the first, and without the draggy presence of James Franco and Freida Pinto to weigh it down. Here's hoping Burns jumping on board means they're moving quickly toward a start date, and that some summer in the near future can entertain us by making us watch the human race die off-- fun!

Thanks,

(lmao so true, Franco and Pinto did weigh it down big time)
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    polaris_x wrote:

Agreed. That said, I don't think Christopher Nolan is making the next Citizen Kane either...with his Batman films or anything else that he has done.
    Joss Whedon is a lifelong Marvel fan and that love of the characters comes through in The Avengers in a major way.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Saw it for a 5th time Thursday, 3 of the 4 cups :D

It's up to 4th all time now, just a few million away from harry potter. It crushed "blockbusters" Battleship and the dictator despite it being it's third week out and their first.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    Ok 6th time yesterday I'm done until DVD now