2013 - AET Franchise Fantasy Football

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you need any more teams? I was thinking of joining but not sure how i would pay ya (I have no paypal account :( )

couple of spots left....

i take checks. i can pm youo my address, or if you are going to pj20, you can drop it off.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    payment info in the leauge on yahoo....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:
    Didn't see that. Only saw the dues section. Just want to get my donation in. ;)
    #FHP
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Couple questions and sorry if this is on our league page and I missed it...when and how will draft order be determined and will it be a serpentine?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    81 wrote:
    Didn't see that. Only saw the dues section. Just want to get my donation in. ;)

just added it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Couple questions and sorry if this is on our league page and I missed it...when and how will draft order be determined and will it be a serpentine?

typically, yahoo does the draft order once everyone is in.

yes it will be serpentine.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

typically, yahoo does the draft order once everyone is in.

yes it will be serpentine.

:thumbup:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Come on kids, need one more space filled!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    slackers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Payment sent.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Payment sent.

got it.

thank you good sir.

i've updated yahoo to reflect what is owed and who has paid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    still room for 1 or 3 teams...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Payment sent.

Those bums!!!

er....

:lol:
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    have we decided the format of the keeper league?

i see on the first post that we were thinking maybe the entire team or top 15 players... this sort of format is realistic and i would be open to it, but do you guys think it will support a long lasting league? for instance, if we do a 15 player keeper league, there will be *very* few decent players who get added to the following year's draft (outside of the rookies)...

our league's roster includes only 8 starters plus a kicker and a defense... maybe a 10 player keeper would keep each team's core together while also keeping things interesting? i dunno, just wanna make sure that last place teams don't quit because there's no hope for them in sight...

thoughts?
    NoCode416 wrote:

i see on the first post that we were thinking maybe the entire team or top 15 players... this sort of format is realistic and i would be open to it, but do you guys think it will support a long lasting league? for instance, if we do a 15 player keeper league, there will be *very* few decent players who get added to the following year's draft (outside of the rookies)...

our league's roster includes only 8 starters plus a kicker and a defense... maybe a 10 player keeper would keep each team's core together while also keeping things interesting? i dunno, just wanna make sure that last place teams don't quit because there's no hope for them in sight...

thoughts?

my thought was the draft (after this year) should be for rookies.

currently, 10 starters and 10 bench players.

i had thought of putting putting the roster at 20 during the season, and bump it to 25 for a 5 round rookie draft, after which, you would need to cut 5 players before the season began.

from a franchise league perspective, my thought is you really should keep a vast majority of players. if you are last place, i would suggest trading your mediocre players for draft picks.

the year one draft is important, but so is the rookie drafts going forward
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

thoughts?

i had thought of putting putting the roster at 20 during the season, and bump it to 25 for a 5 round rookie draft, after which, you would need to cut 5 players before the season began.

from a franchise league perspective, my thought is you really should keep a vast majority of players. if you are last place, i would suggest trading your mediocre players for draft picks.

sounds good to me... this could be fun for many seasons if everyone stays involved.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

thoughts?

sounds good to me... this could be fun for many seasons if everyone stays involved.

good thing is, you can always replace an owner
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

good thing is, you can always replace an owner

perhaps, but we'd probably have to give them a discounted entrance fee for their first year... i know i wouldn't want to pay full price if i was picking up someone else's shite team... we'll see how things go... no need to make plans for when people quit being that we haven't even started this thing yet.
    Bummmmmmmp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Payment sent.

got it.

thank you good sir.

Assuming we do meet up for the draft, would you rather have me bring you cash for my entry fee or do you prefer that I do it via the PayPal?
    JTH wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Payment sent.

got it.

thank you good sir.

Assuming we do meet up for the draft, would you rather have me bring you cash for my entry fee or do you prefer that I do it via the PayPal?

cash is fine.

i think i have one non pj person lined up....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    bump for the lazy last minute sign up people.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Are we up to ten teams yet? (I'm at work now and I can't check because it's a "gambling" site or some such bullshit.)
    Looks like we need one more player. Gotta love being in the Bugs division.
    #FHP
    still sitting on nine.

where is jugs at.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    My other half Paul is in. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    wolfbear wrote:
    My other half Paul is in. :)

hey hey....

that's 10
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    is there another opening? been doing this for 17 years... pm me with details.
    is there another opening? been doing this for 17 years... pm me with details.

we can take up to 12...

details in the first post of the thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    and just like that, we are up to 11.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg