2013 - AET Franchise Fantasy Football

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
2013 season is gearing up.....

last year's managers should be recieving an email

draft is currently set for august 4th with keepers due in on the 1st of august......if this is an issue please advise asap and i will move it.

bad dates
july 28

just place holders....we can move it to june or back into august...let me know conflicts asap as we can go from there.

$20 bucks gets you back in.

payouts

$140
$65
$35

Draft picks are tradable.

2013 draft order......

Springtucky
Ill Tempered
H.G. Hellfire
Cupid Crushers
schmohawks
JTH
World Wide suicide
Hucklebucks
BOOOOOOMSSSSS
The Dude
Schnappers
and finally.......

your defending champion

the

Smoking Babies. :P
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I may have to take you up on this 81. I've been in a Franchise League for 7 years and it takes up a majority of my allotted fantasy football time/cash. I'll have to think about whether or not I'm capable of running two franchises. If I do...that baby will be crying instead of smoking after he gets his ass kicked by Heisenberg ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I may have to take you up on this 81. I've been in a Franchise League for 7 years and it takes up a majority of my allotted fantasy football time/cash. I'll have to think about whether or not I'm capable of running two franchises. If I do...that baby will be crying instead of smoking after he gets his ass kicked by Heisenberg ;)

:lol:

i'm typically in 3 non franchise leagues a year. imo, it's not hard to manage multiple teams. but if you think you are good enouogh....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Interesting scoring system. I like the 4th down stops, must be new this year. When is the draft?

Nevermind, it is clearly posted.
    4 pts for a passing TD and 1 pt per 25 yards passing? That makes it kinda weighted towards RBs and WRs doesn't it?
    Heisenberg wrote:
    4 pts for a passing TD and 1 pt per 25 yards passing? That makes it kinda weighted towards RBs and WRs doesn't it?

that's pretty much standard for every league i have been in....however, i'm open to discussion on points/position line up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • If I remember to sign up later, I'm in. My browser was giving me crap with the gmail sign in link, and now I don't feel like doing it again because I'm going back to finish my work. :lol:

I'm fine with whatever the point system since the league I do with my buddies is completely fucked with the scoring, so no matter what you do here, it'll be pretty standard for me.
  • sparky_frysparky_fry Posts: 760
    I'm in for sure. But who knows if there will even be a season this year.
    The 81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

that's pretty much standard for every league i have been in....however, i'm open to discussion on points/position line up.

All I'm saying is It makes RBs and WRs way more valuable. Especially when a RB gets a half point just for carrying the ball and a WR/RB gets a point for a catch yet a QB doesn't get a half point for a passing attempt or a point per completion. I understand a QB has the ball in his hands every play, but that is a pretty big discrepancy. I'm not trying to tell you how to run you league, but it seemed awfully lopsided to me. In the past leagues I've been in, if a WR gets a point per catch, it take 15 yards receiving for a point. A QB gets 1 point per 20 or 25 yards and the full 6 for a TD. I've never seen an RB get a half point for a carry. I mean if you get 100 yards on 20 carries and a TD (which is an average day for many big time backs in the league) you get a whopping 26 points not counting any receptions or receiving yards?
  • Interested, very interested. Let me check out the scoring a bit later.

I started my own franchise/dynasty league last year and its awesome.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

All I'm saying is It makes RBs and WRs way more valuable. Especially when a RB gets a half point just for carrying the ball and a WR/RB gets a point for a catch yet a QB doesn't get a half point for a passing attempt or a point per completion. I understand a QB has the ball in his hands every play, but that is a pretty big discrepancy. I'm not trying to tell you how to run you league, but it seemed awfully lopsided to me. In the past leagues I've been in, if a WR gets a point per catch, it take 15 yards receiving for a point. A QB gets 1 point per 20 or 25 yards and the full 6 for a TD. I've never seen an RB get a half point for a carry. I mean if you get 100 yards on 20 carries and a TD (which is an average day for many big time backs in the league) you get a whopping 26 points not counting any receptions or receiving yards?

qb's have been valued less in the leagues i've been in. i've never seen the per carry point, but i've always thought that a rb should get something for the carry if a wr is getting a point for catch (which has become pretty standard the last few years)

how a point per 20 yards passing and 6 points for tossing the td? i'd be happy to drop the point for carries as well.

it's not my leauge, it's the league of everyone that chooses to play. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

qb's have been valued less in the leagues i've been in. i've never seen the per carry point, but i've always thought that a rb should get something for the carry if a wr is getting a point for catch (which has become pretty standard the last few years)

how a point per 20 yards passing and 6 points for tossing the td? i'd be happy to drop the point for carries as well.

Whatever you'd like to do 81. I was just making a suggestion. :)
    I mean with you being from Chicago, I wouldn't want Jay Cutler to be any less valuable than he already is. :D
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I mean with you being from Chicago, I wouldn't want Jay Cutler to be any less valuable than he already is. :D

I hear they are going to dust off Kosar and roll him out this year. ;)

ps...I'm from Ohio...just happen to live in Chicago land.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

I hear they are going to dust off Kosar and roll him out this year. ;)

ps...I'm from Ohio...just happen to live in Chicago land.

Do not EHHHHHVVVVVER speak disparagingly about #19. Kosar is the greatest QB to ever play football and I don't give a rat's ass what anyone (or the facts) might say! :D

I'm from Ohio as well my friend ;)
    Kosar should be in the awkward chucking motion hof
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The 81 wrote:
    Kosar should be in the awkward chucking motion hof

kosar = jewish uncle rico or vince young. take your pick.

dynasty fantasy leagues are the only way to go. they're awesome
  • Actually i sort of like that scoring system then the way I've always done it.

I'm interested that's for sure.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,472
    i'm in. really got the itch for football at this point...
    www.myspace.com
  • I've entered as well. I'm assuming this will be via pay pal or something to enter?

I'd leave the qb and rb points exactly how you set them up. I believe it helps balance things out.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

I've entered as well. I'm assuming this will be via pay pal or something to enter?

I'd leave the qb and rb points exactly how you set them up. I believe it helps balance things out.

paypal or check, or in your case, i'll just have the gf swing by and pick it up. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The 81 wrote:
    I've entered as well. I'm assuming this will be via pay pal or something to enter?

paypal or check, or in your case, i'll just have the gf swing by and pick it up. :lol:

Shoot that could be taken a few different ways...

That or somewhere at PJ20?

The 81 wrote:

That or somewhere at PJ20?

i could do pj20.

take it cleanly. we typically spend a weekend in toledo...the last few years have been labor day, this year it might have to be halloween.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • paypal or check, or in your case, i'll just have the gf swing by and pick it up. :lol:[/quote]

That or somewhere at PJ20?[/quote]

i could do pj20.

take it cleanly. we typically spend a weekend in toledo...the last few years have been labor day, this year it might have to be halloween.[/quote]

I'm joking around of course.

Will figure it out when we get closer.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm in.
    #FHP
  • 4 people down, 8 to go!

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    I might be able to do it
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Whatever you'd like to do 81. I was just making a suggestion. :)

OUCH!!!!
    My butt itches!
    Just remember, multi year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    humpiditity bump
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Surprised we are not filled up.

• NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    i just joined. The SuperSonics shall prevail.

As for the $$ payout, may i suggest:

At $20 per head with 12 teams, that is $240. So,

1st place: $150
    2nd place: $70
    3rd place: $20

This is pretty much equivalent to the percentages you provided, but these are prettier numbers... and I like the fact that 3rd place doesn't get more than his/her buy-in amount.

Regardless of the $$ payout, I'm looking forward to this.