2013 - AET Franchise Fantasy Football

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wolfbear wrote:
    After being left for dead at 3-5,
    my BOOOMS are now officially back in the mix.

Catching up on the thread,
    I'm in another Yahoo league that has used
    the waiver budget for a few years and it works great.

Looking like it will be BOOOMS vs Smoking Babies
    and Dude vs some sacrificial lamb in round one of the playoffs. :lol:

waiver budget is interesting... i'll look into that.

i was hoping you would stay on your death bed. :lol: i'm not liking the matchup vs. you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I think I'm gonna roll the dice and bench Rodgers. That stiff has been killing me this year.
  • JTH wrote:
    I think I'm gonna roll the dice and bench Rodgers. That stiff has been killing me this year.

Being that we play this week, I approve this message. :thumbup:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

Being that we play this week, I approve this message. :thumbup:
    How 'bout if I play Eli instead?

Side note: am I the only one who sees/hears Joique Bell's name and can't help but hear a mental "ahhhhh... whatta Joique" in Bugs Bunny's voice?
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    JTH wrote:

I'll take him off your hands for ya. You want Cutler?

:mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

I should have given you Matt Flynn when I had the chance. :fp:
    JTH wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

I should have given you Matt Flynn when I had the chance. :fp:

:lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Good lord...

In my other league, we're talking about cutting the playoffs down to 6 teams (from 8) and now four people have decided that they'd prefer to have EVERYBODY make it and start a week earlier.
    JTH wrote:
    Good lord...

In my other league, we're talking about cutting the playoffs down to 6 teams (from 8) and now four people have decided that they'd prefer to have EVERYBODY make it and start a week earlier.

:crazy:

That's ridiculous.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I rolled the dice with McFadden last night and it paid off. My RBs are a mess. My other choices are Wells, D. Williams, Mathews & Leshoure. Leshoure will be my other starter. My playoffs started this week.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JTH wrote:
    Good lord...

what is the point of playing the reg season :fp:

then again, i'm i a 10 team league, and 8 make the playoffs.

i'm also in a 12 team league with 8 going to the playoffs.

i admit, the 4 playoff spots in this league makes it tough, but it puts the best teams in. if we added spots, we'd end up with 500 teams making the playoffs. losing records should not be allowed in ever.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I agree. A losing record should disqualify your team.

After the "everybody makes the playoffs" suggestion, I offered a counter-proposal where we forget the playoffs entirely and just split up the money... OR... we just use the money to buy everyone a ribbon like this.

item_4bspt.jpg
    JTH wrote:
    we just use the money to buy everyone a ribbon like this.

item_4bspt.jpg
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • so I was eliminated before this weeks games, figured i'd start my bench players to better my draft spot. this "bench" lineup was projected to score 78 points. By some miracle they all had career games and scored 161.5 points with one player left to play, outscoring my bench by 30 points. I guess thats karma :fp:
    sparky_fry wrote:
    so I was eliminated before this weeks games, figured i'd start my bench players to better my draft spot. this "bench" lineup was projected to score 78 points. By some miracle they all had career games and scored 161.5 points with one player left to play, outscoring my bench by 30 points. I guess thats karma :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Looks like

Dude
    Boom
    smoking

are the 1,2,3 seeds.....

with the 4th spot coming down to a points contest between schnappers and world wide suicide

looks like the schnappers are up a point going into monday night

tom brady and brandon lloyd will be representing the schannpers while world wide will be rolling with andre johnson and wes welker

yahoo projects the johnson/welker combo to out perform the brady/lloyd tandom

winner gets the dudes....loser gets the 8th pick in the draft.....

good luck to both teams

:corn:
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:
    so I was eliminated before this weeks games, figured i'd start my bench players to better my draft spot. this "bench" lineup was projected to score 78 points. By some miracle they all had career games and scored 161.5 points with one player left to play, outscoring my bench by 30 points. I guess thats karma :fp:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :wave: :thumbup: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    JTH wrote:
    Yep. I shoulda started Eli...

...so I could lose by less than 35 points. Congrats on the meaningless victory, The Dude Abides.
  • JTH wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    Yep. I shoulda started Eli...

...so I could lose by less than 35 points. Congrats on the meaningless victory, The Dude Abides.

It was meaningful to me!
    NoCode416 wrote:
    It was meaningful to me!
    But you already had the #1 spot locked up, no?
  • JTH wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    It was meaningful to me!
    But you already had the #1 spot locked up, no?

yes, i was just kidding...

some of my bench players played particularly well this week... i think i would have won even if i had sat my regulars.
    I think I'd rather have the 8th pick in the draft :fp:
  • not looking good for Dudes!
  • congrats to Mizzou. when your opponent's flex has more TD's than your star QB has POINTS, that makes for a tough day. I swear, I will never, ever, EVER again own Ryan matthews. Not if he I have the last pick in the draft and he is available.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Congrats 81!

Couldn't decide between Ryan Matthews and DeMarco Murray.

Finally went with Ryan at the last minute. :lol:

Would have at least made tomorrow night's game
    more interesting if I'd flipped instead of flopped ...
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
    OK, this is probably a stupid question but I happened to notice in my game-that-isn't-really-a-game that the Hucklebucks have 24 players on the roster. I thought the limit was 20. How do you add extra guys?
    Well now that was interesting.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Half of my guys had career days, as we watch from the sidelines.
    #FHP
    JTH wrote:
    OK, this is probably a stupid question but I happened to notice in my game-that-isn't-really-a-game that the Hucklebucks have 24 players on the roster. I thought the limit was 20. How do you add extra guys?
    OK, I'm an ignoramus apparently.

You can put guys on IR? I had no idea. If I did, I'd never have dropped Willis McGahee and Santonio Holmes when their seasons ended (You're welcome, Hucklebucks).

And maybe I'm just bitter because I got burned by this but it's kind of a chickenshit rule that you can stockpile guys on IR. Really takes away some of the strategic aspects of the whole franchise thing.
    JTH wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    OK, I'm an ignoramus apparently.

You can put guys on IR? I had no idea. If I did, I'd never have dropped Willis McGahee and Santonio Holmes when their seasons ended (You're welcome, Hucklebucks).

And maybe I'm just bitter because I got burned by this but it's kind of a chickenshit rule that you can stockpile guys on IR. Really takes away some of the strategic aspects of the whole franchise thing.

In most leagues once you put a guy on IR, you can't bring him back if he gets healthy in that same year. Like in my other league I put Beanie Wells on IR but I still can't use him. It opened up a spot for me to get another RB without losing him for next year. Not sure if our league has that too...